No Candy...Chubby Letters, Instead !??!?

I think that miserable people are only happy when they make others miserable.

How sad that this is how she choses to spend her time, and seeks to make sure that everybody knows.

I used to work for someone who hated fat people (she said so) and constantly harped on fat fat fat. She was bulimic and anorexic. And, sorry, but she was nuts.

I don't celebrate Halloween because as a Christian I think dressing children up as devils and witches then giving them candy is wrong. So I just turn off my porch light and don't participate. I wouldn't dream of giving letters to children in place of candy "Dear neighborhood child, you should know you are celebrating an occult holiday." Heavens no, and this woman is just mean. Hopefully people will avoid her house now.

IMO this woman is nothing more than an attention seeking bully.
If she is so concerned with children's health she could hand out
toothbrushes
floss
pencils
raisins
or a hundred other things. :moo:

Really? The phrase "it takes a village" is universal. I don't think politics plays a part in this at all, nor does politics need to be brought into it. She a piece of work whether she's progressive, conservative, communist, or anarchist.

Some people have to make EVERYTHING political. :rolleyes:

But I agree with you. This is not a political thing. This is an *advertiser censored**hole thing. How rude.

My DD is chunky. And she plays sports and we seldom eat junk. She (and I) would be brokenhearted if some jerk gave her such a note. :(. FGS, like another poster said, give stuffed animals or playdough or those cheap plastic spider rings! Kids love that stuff.

But don't give a kid an eating disorder. Mean ole witch. :python:

IMO this woman is nothing more than an attention seeking bully.
If she is so concerned with children's health she could hand out
toothbrushes
floss
pencils
raisins
or a hundred other things. :moo:

Exactly! IMO, she didn't do this to "help" anyone, she did it to be a mean ole jerk. If you want to help, give out the stuff like you listed, although when I was a kid, our dentist lived on our street and we avoided his house like the plague. :floorlaugh:

He gave out toothbrushes and floss! :facepalm:

Stiil, he wasn't a jerk. I love him to this day. :loveyou:

I used to work for someone who hated fat people (she said so) and constantly harped on fat fat fat. She was bulimic and anorexic. And, sorry, but she was nuts.

I don't celebrate Halloween because as a Christian I think dressing children up as devils and witches then giving them candy is wrong. So I just turn off my porch light and don't participate. I wouldn't dream of giving letters to children in place of candy "Dear neighborhood child, you should know you are celebrating an occult holiday." Heavens no, and this woman is just mean. Hopefully people will avoid her house now.

Thank you for your post. How refreshing in this day and age of polarizing views to have someone who may not agree with something, yet does not feel the need to tell others how to behave.

I like you. :).

And yes, she IS just mean.

There's rain in the forecast (metro Detroit) for tomorrow night :( It's going to be warmer than usual (upper 50s), but we might not get many trick-or-treaters if it's raining. I'm prepared for at least 100, so I hope they come!

OFF TOPIC

I'm so bummed about the weather. Today was beautiful but I'm worried tomorrow might be ruined.

We're really into halloween. We do our house up like a haunted attraction and have the whole family dress up with me being the one un-scary person so the little ones aren't terrified.

We've planted a huge dead tree in the yard, have a big cemetery with a groundbreaker skeleton digging his way out, an 8 foot tall Pumpkinrot style scarecrow, two flying crank ghosts, we play spooky music, have a fog machine and strobe lights, the Grim Reaper points the way to person who'll give you candy if you're brave enough to get there... lol

I don't have a back up plan if it's pouring. My front door is situated kinda funny and I planned to be giving out candy from a spot the yard. I might have to set up a few umbrellas and sit in the driveway... I dunno.

OFF TOPIC

I'm so bummed about the weather. Today was beautiful but I'm worried tomorrow might be ruined.

We're really into halloween. We do our house up like a haunted attraction and have the whole family dress up with me being the one un-scary person so the little ones aren't terrified.

We've planted a huge dead tree in the yard, have a big cemetery with a groundbreaker skeleton digging his way out, an 8 foot tall Pumpkinrot style scarecrow, two flying crank ghosts, we play spooky music, have a fog machine and strobe lights, the Grim Reaper points the way to person who'll give you candy if you're brave enough to get there... lol

I don't have a back up plan if it's pouring. My front door is situated kinda funny and I planned to be giving out candy from a spot the yard. I might have to set up a few umbrellas and sit in the driveway... I dunno.

Pouring here, too.

My ex always does a haunted house in his front yard for the neighborhood kids. DD loves helping and invites her friends to help and of course it's a party for them ,too.

But with the flash flood warnings, I am worried they won't be able to put on the show. :(.

Supposedly, here in LA, the rain is to end by early afternoon Thursday. So we will see. They worked so hard on this, I hope they can go on with the show.

And you, too!

Well, I don't know about y'all - but I wanna see just what SHE looks like...and HER clean bill of health...OH, and a look in HER pantry and fridge...

Just speaking for myself, but (speaking hypothetically) I don't give a turd about how some mentally ill (no offense to the mentally ill) person reacts to a basically stupid/now-meaningless holiday.

Just speaking for myself, but (speaking hypothetically) I don't give a turd about how some mentally ill (no offense to the mentally ill) person reacts to a basically stupid/now-meaningless holiday.

Meh, not so much for me, but if her hateful words hurt MY child, Meany McRudenote better watch herself.......

No excuse for such meanness to little kids. :mad:

Where does this mean person live? I want to go to her house, camp out on her front lawn, and point out all her imperfections for a week. I might use a megaphone while doing it. Grrr!

Sure -- I understand your point of view. But I would humbly submit that if you send your children to the doors of strangers, they will, at some point, meet some strange people.

That sounds cruel. Indulging a bit on Halloween doesn't make anyone obese and this sort of letter may be harmful to people with self-image issues or eating disorders. If she's so worried about obesity rates among children there are other, more constructive things she can do to help.

Huh? Kids trick or treat in their neighborhood(s). I know ALL of the kids on our street - 100+ houses...So they/we are not strangers...

I feel this lady but her approach is all wrong. Take me, for instance, I only hand out amphetamines, laxatives and cigarettes. It takes a village.

...I don't celebrate Halloween because as a Christian I think dressing children up as devils and witches then giving them candy is wrong.

<snipped>

My four siblings and I attended parochial school where we were only allowed to wear costumes in 4th grade when we studied saints in Religion class. We had to wear a costume that depicted the patron saint for whom we were named. I still chuckle when I recall Mom's expression and hesitant response when I asked her what "Tuscan virgin" meant in the description of my patron saint's name :eek: :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back