Non's how can you explain this away?

Well you've got that much correct, but have you not found anything else in the documentation regarding the hair evidence and DNA testing which you consider worthy of mention? I've found plenty worth sharing myself, so I don't want to spoil others' chances of contributing first.

Well you've got that much correct, but have you not found anything else in the documentation regarding the hair evidence and DNA testing which you consider worthy of mention? I've found plenty worth sharing myself, so I don't want to spoil others' chances of contributing first.

That's like shooting in the dark. Who knows what you find worthy of sharing. So if you find something worth sharing, why not just spit it out? I'm not going to re-read it trying to guess what you find worthy. I am curious to hear though.

I'm not asking anyone to re-read anything, let alone to guess what I find worthy sharing. I'm asking if anyone else here has ever found anything in the documentation which might help others better understand the hair evidence and DNA testing, particularly anything which would help correct any misunderstandings others have expressed about such evidence throughout this thread. Anyone?

Is the hair in fact red? I've seen claims of such, but never anything in the documentation to corroborate them. Regardless, the color of a particular hair doesn't rule out the possibility that it grew out of someone whose hairs are typically a very different color. So even if the hair is actually brown or blonde, it still may well be Terry Hobbs'. It could also be his brother's, his mother's or anyone else who share the same maternal linage as him, which Thomas Fedor estimated at 1.5% of the population. In the same regards, any of the hairs consistent with mDNA of any of the boys could in fact be hairs from their respective siblings, mothers, or millions of other people who share their same respective mDNA profiles.

From Kermit Channell rule 37 testimony: "Had someone asked to review the photo logs used by the lab, and hair slides
generated by the Lab, someone would have been able to tell that there were
questioned hairs associated with ligature FP6, which was associated with the
victim Michael Moore. One of them was a red beard hair. (BMHR 443-444).
There were notations on the slide itself from Lisa Sakevicius. Defense counsel
could have actually looked at those hairs. On the slide from the Moore ligature
there was an indication of a red hair fragment and a beard hair fragment.
While I recall having met with Paul Ford, I never recall telling Ford that
some hair had been found on one of the ligatures. (BMHR 444-445). I did not
know how Ford would have come about the information concerning the ligature,
though the hair were found in the Moore and not the Byers ligature. That kind of
information would have typically come from Lisa Sakevicius."

Yes, the hairs were red. And I highly doubt that the red beard hair and red head hair came from a blonde or a brunette. Possible? Maybe. Probable? Absolutely not. And they certainly didn't come from Jason, Jessie or Damien.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, most certainly, and I thank you for the quote from this transcript regarding identification of the hairs. In turn I'll offer a bit of information from the DNA reports which it seems has been overlooked by many. Beyond the three hairs recovered from the shoelaces used to bind Micheal Moore, there's also evidence items 2S04-114-09, -15, and -16, hairs recovered from other shoelaces as can be seen on the first page of the first Bode report among many other pages of more recent documentation.

When discussing mtDNA, some people might find [uwl=http://www.hsc.unt.edu/departments/pathology_anatomy/dna/Forensics/Defined/Defined.cfm]this site[/url] helpful. Of particular interest is the following:

This means all of the mtDNA in the cells of a person's body are copies of his or her mother's mtDNA and all of the mother's mtDNA is a copy of her mother's, and so on. No matter how far back you go, mtDNA is always inherited from the mother. If you went back six generations in your own family tree, you'd see that your nuclear DNA is inherited from 32 men and 32 women. Your mtDNA, on the other hand, would have come from only one of those 32 women.

So, as I have said repeatedly, it is not important how many people could have been the source for the hair in the ligature. What is important is that whoever is the source of the hair shares a maternal ancestor with Terry Hobbs. The progeny of that ancestor is approximately 1.5% of the population.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back