NV - Boy, 17, beaten to death by up to 15 classmates; 8 arrests made

I'm okay with releasing their names and photos, if authorities are certain of their identities.

Some of them look angry at the world (not unexpected) -- makes me wonder if any of the accused have juvenile records. (The violence of this crime, agreeing to meet to fight, also makes me wonder.)
And if so, how did the system handle them then? All JMO.

All (not just some) of these vicious punks involved in this fatal beating should be punished. They knew exactly what they were doing. This "mob mentality" aspect of a group of cowardly thugs ganging up on one person needs to be severely punished.

It's good someone at the scene took a video of the crime/beating, and that it was later circulated on social media. Idiots. Without this footage, getting proof against them would have been much more difficult.

Glad this horrible case is getting a decent amount of press/coverage. Usually crimes like this are swept under the rug & we barely hear about them. I.e., it's obvious that the media is very selective on which crimes they decide to give nationwide coverage.

Last edited:
I am worried that they will all get off, as there won't be a consensus as to who actually killed the victim. Even if it was an entire mob attack, the defense could easily place blame on other perpetrators in the gang. Even if all tried together.

Or blame the youngest ones involved, who are not being charged as adults.

I am worried that they will all get off, as there won't be a consensus as to who actually killed the victim. Even if it was an entire mob attack, the defense could easily place blame on other perpetrators in the gang. Even if all tried together.

Or blame the youngest ones involved, who are not being charged as adults.
I'm going to disagree. There's too much video evidence. Even if they can't get anyone on murder, they sure can get them for plenty of other things.

(And I finally saw it on That Other Website: someone saying that the problems in the American educational system are due to racial desegregation, that there's really no point in sending (assorted bad words) to school.)

I'm okay with releasing their names and photos, if authorities are certain of their identities.

Some of them look angry at the world (not unexpected) -- makes me wonder if any of the accused have juvenile records. (The violence of this crime, agreeing to meet to fight, also makes me wonder.)
And if so, how did the system handle them then? All JMO.

yep they look already hardened by the world ... I suspect their lives have been terrible, not that it's an excuse

"Four 'bully' teens charged as adults with the beating death of Jonathan Lewis

look terrified as they appear in court in Las Vegas."

1700713190869.png

Dbm

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

Commentary / discussion from social media or other non-approved sites is NOT allowed at Websleuths. Don't even mention it. Race has no place in discussion at Websleuths unless LE indicates it is a known factor in the case.

Well, I would certainly hope they look terrified! How terrified must Jonathan have been while they were beating him to death?
I just saw a different video today, of a boy standing and then being punched and then the mob attacks. I assume that was Jonathon getting attacked. From what I have heard he was a quiet boy. That took an enormous amount of courage for him to stand there to defend another boy in the face of what confronted him. Physical courage, and moral courage. We could use more people like him and we are lesser as a world with him gone.

I just saw a different video today, of a boy standing and then being punched and then the mob attacks. I assume that was Jonathon getting attacked. From what I have heard he was a quiet boy. That took an enormous amount of courage for him to stand there to defend another boy in the face of what confronted him. Physical courage, and moral courage. We could use more people like him and we are lesser as a world with him gone.
Agreed. Of sixteen plus young people, only one had integrity and lost his life because of it. I do hope, being the perpetrators are minors, we can follow this case to justice.

Yes, he did what we've been encouraging young people to do... Not be a bystander, speak up. My heart is full because he and a friend tried doing the right thing ... But also broke because of what he suffered. We just have to keep encouraging our young people to be better people and to lead by example.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back