GUILTY NV - Deborah Flores-Narvaez, 31, Las Vegas, 12 Dec 2010 - #2

She filled a room! We had Spanish together (our county seems to think its a good idea to place ESL kids in the room with the foreign language kids-at least in '97) and our Spanish teacher did not like her at all because Debbie would tell her like it was and proceeded to do so on a daily basis. Then when I became more of a handful the teacher told my class I was just like "that girl Debbie Flores and couldn't be trusted"! I had to laugh at that because Debbie was actually a pretty nice girl, just very honest with her opinions :). I just remember she had the throatiest voice. A lot of my old hs friends and I have been shocked that this happened to someone we knew. She could start a conversation with anyone, it didn't matter who you were.

I have to wonder if my Spanish teacher even remembers that incident...it really struck me when I learned about her missing because I would recount that story with my friends around here over the years because that teacher wasn't really anyone's favourite ;)

I just hate knowing that the moron who turned in her killer isn't getting hit with any charges. I can't wrap my mind around leaving someone who was just getting assaulted, nor can I see Debbie staying-she was too strong a woman for that, even back when I knew her.

Thanks for letting us know more about her :) She sounds like she was a very strong personality! This must be very shocking for you that someone you knew in high school has died and in such a disgusting and gruesome manner.

I agree on LC...it makes me sick that he is not being charged with anything. I knew they wouldn't charge him with murder. But accessory after the fact or desecration of a corpse for sure. If I lived in Vegas I would be raising he** about this man being on the streets. I never believed his "story" about how he pulled JG off of Debbie and returned later to find her dead. It just doesn't seem believable.

She filled a room! We had Spanish together (our county seems to think its a good idea to place ESL kids in the room with the foreign language kids-at least in '97) and our Spanish teacher did not like her at all because Debbie would tell her like it was and proceeded to do so on a daily basis. Then when I became more of a handful the teacher told my class I was just like "that girl Debbie Flores and couldn't be trusted"! I had to laugh at that because Debbie was actually a pretty nice girl, just very honest with her opinions :). I just remember she had the throatiest voice. A lot of my old hs friends and I have been shocked that this happened to someone we knew. She could start a conversation with anyone, it didn't matter who you were.

I have to wonder if my Spanish teacher even remembers that incident...it really struck me when I learned about her missing because I would recount that story with my friends around here over the years because that teacher wasn't really anyone's favourite ;)

I just hate knowing that the moron who turned in her killer isn't getting hit with any charges. I can't wrap my mind around leaving someone who was just getting assaulted, nor can I see Debbie staying-she was too strong a woman for that, even back when I knew her.

Thank you for sharing your memories kittenista (((hugs)))

O/T..I had a "friend" of my ex husband get up and leave when my ex had me pinned against the wall, spitting in my face, with eyes like I've never seen before. It was pretty scary and I was stunned that he would leave me there like that.

[LC] admitted his involvement in a bid for leniency. He has not been arrested or charged, but prosecutors are still reviewing the case.

if they don't charge him (and KC too) with something, I hope that entire city protests

[LC] admitted his involvement in a bid for leniency. He has not been arrested or charged, but prosecutors are still reviewing the case.

if they don't charge him (and KC too) with something, I hope that entire city protests

I will!

Ex-boyfriend pleads not guilty in Luxor dancer's death
A trial date has been set for Jason “Blu” Griffith, who pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges of murdering Luxor dancer Debora Flores Narvaez.
More...

Slaying suspect pleads not guilty in dancer's death
The man accused of strangling to death and dismembering the body of "Fantasy" dancer Debora Flores Narvaez pleaded not guilty Wednesday.
Jason "Blu" Griffith, who also was a dancer in a Strip show, was indicted last week on one count of murder in the December death of the 31-year-old.
More...

I was just reading over in Zahra Baker thread how her stepmother was charged with the following in the indictment for 2nd degree murder:

3. The defendant desecrated the victim's body to hinder detection, investigation and prosecution of the offense.

So it got me thinking why does this case not have similar charges against JG and LC???

Or is that something the DA can add later??

No death penalty sought in slaying of "fantasy" dancer
Clark County prosecutors will not seek the death penalty against a man accused of strangling and dismembering "Fantasy" performer Debora Flores Narvaez.
The district attorney's death penalty committee looks at three factors when considering capital punishment: whether there are aggravating factors in the case; whether a jury would impose the death penalty as punishment; and whether a conviction would stand up under appeal.
More...

Clark County prosecutors will not seek the death penalty against a man accused of strangling and dismembering "Fantasy" performer Debora Flores Narvaez.
The district attorney's death penalty committee looks at three factors when considering capital punishment: whether there are aggravating factors in the case; whether a jury would impose the death penalty as punishment; and whether a conviction would stand up under appeal.
More...

:banghead:

from your link
"Griffith and Flores Narvaez had a volatile history, including at least three prior incidents in which authorities responded to calls of domestic violence, including one on Oct. 22 that led to Griffith's arrest.

Do we need this guy to 'off' another woman before we see that he's a danger?? My heart goes out to her family and particularly her sister in GA who must be furious.

Further to this insult is the fact that the attorneys in this case 'won't discuss' this decision.

More...

So chopping someone up is not an aggravating factor? Wow.

From the link:

District Attorney David Roger said the committee answered no to one of those factors and decided not to seek capital punishment for Jason "Blu" Griffith, 32. He declined to discuss specifics. Why decline to discuss the specifics of such an important decision? The citizens that live in Las Vegas don't have a right to know what led to Roger's opinion that this case does not warrant the death penalty?

Why would you let someone live who would do such things," she said. "I guess it wasn't monstrous enough."

Celeste Flores Narvaez also expressed frustration that Colombo has not been charged.
I can't believe LC is not being charged with anything!!! What is the reasoning behind this decision??? It's hard to wrap your head around the fact that someone who would do such a gruesome act as cutting up someone's body is as free as a bird!!

From the link:

District Attorney David Roger said the committee answered no to one of those factors and decided not to seek capital punishment for Jason "Blu" Griffith, 32. He declined to discuss specifics. Why decline to discuss the specifics of such an important decision? The citizens that live in Las Vegas don't have a right to know what led to Roger's opinion that this case does not warrant the death penalty?

Why would you let someone live who would do such things," she said. "I guess it wasn't monstrous enough."

Celeste Flores Narvaez also expressed frustration that Colombo has not been charged.
I can't believe LC is not being charged with anything!!! What is the reasoning behind this decision??? It's hard to wrap your head around the fact that someone who would do such a gruesome act as cutting up someone's body is as free as a bird!!

I checked and he's being held in custody without bond. They have not set bond for him yet. I hope they make it very high if they do.

http://redrock.co.clark.nv.us/ccdcincustody/inCustodyReference.aspx

Will be interesting to see what happens at the hearing on 12/19. I just received a jury summons for 1/11. :)

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/aug/08/trial-luxor-dancers-death-dismemberment-delayed-ag/
Trial in Luxor dancer’s death, dismemberment delayed again
The trial for Jason Griffith, the man accused of killing Luxor dancer Debora Flores Narvaez and dismembering her body, has been postponed for a third time.
District Judge Kathleen Delaney granted a motion to continue the trial, which had been set to start next week, to allow the defense more time to gather evidence.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/murder-trial-delayed-again-in-fantasy-dancer-s-death-165458626.html?ref=626
Murder trial delayed again in 'Fantasy' dancer's death
The murder trial for a former Las Vegas Strip performer was delayed again after some legal wrangling over discovery issues in the case.
Jason "Blu" Griffith, 33, faces one count of murder for the death of "Fantasy" dancer Debora Flores Narvaez, 31. The trial was set to begin Monday before District Judge Kathleen Delaney.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back