NV - Mary Beth Franta, 49, Las Vegas, 13 Nov 2010

Well, I went looking for updates on Mary Beth's missing person case and I see that her husband has been arrested.

So very glad there is a resolution to her disappearance
but it does seem she put up with a lot at home.
I wonder if any of her close friends knew her home situation.

Prayers for her and her children, family, friends, co workers, students.
She was well loved.

LAS VEGAS -- The children of murdered school teacher Mary Beth Franta are speaking out for the first time. Their mother is dead, their father is accused of her murder and now they have been hit with a huge bill.

Their mother's vehicle, which police suspect transported her body, has been sitting in a local tow yard since mid-November. The towing company wants several thousand dollars to release it to Franta's children.

Late last year, Brandon and Ashley Franta effectively lost both of their parents. Police found their mom's body in a desert lot and arrested their dad for her murder. In the months that have followed, 24-year-old Brandon has assumed responsibility for his parent's affairs.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/13798801/i-team-murdered-teachers-children-fight-to-get-her-suv-back

I feel so badly for these kids. Shame on the LVMPD and Ewing Brothers Towing for adding to their grief.

Husband of murdered teacher headed to trial

The husband of a murdered science teacher will stand trial for her death. In November, Mary Beth Franta was found dead in a vacant lot near Craig Rd. and Tenaya. On Friday, Mark Franta went before a judge to hear some of the evidence against him.

The case being bound over for trial came as no surprise. The state only has to present a small bit of evidence at this stage. Prosecutors believe they have enough to put Franta away for years.

...............................................snip................................
....................................................................................

Police say they’re the photos that put Mark Franta at the scene of the crime. They’re grainy, black and white images taken from security cameras at Albertson’s grocery store, just steps from where the body of Marybeth Franta was found on November 14.

Lalli continued, “Was he asked if he had been to the Albertson’s on Tenaya?”

“Yes,” Mogg replied.

“What did he tell you?”

“Not in the last month.”

Police believe the evidence shows otherwise. They believe Franta was drunk when he argued with his wife inside the couple’s home, beating and strangling Mary Beth before dumping her body in the vacant lot behind the store.

A second videotape from a nearby convenience store shows what appears to be Franta a few minutes later. It’s further proof, Lalli says, that Franta was in the area.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article and video at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.mynews3.com/story.php?id=35284&n=5037

BREAKING NEWS: Husband Sentenced for Murder of School Teacher Wife

LAS VEGAS -- Mark Franta, the husband of local middle school teacher Marybeth Franta, has been sentenced to life in prison for her murder.

In March, Mark Franta pleaded guilty via an Alford Plea to second-degree murder, which means he didn't admit guilt but did acknowledge there is enough evidence to prove he killed his wife.

Police said that Marybeth Franta, who taught at Molasky Middle School, got into an argument with her husband on Nov. 13, 2010, which ended with her being strangled.

Franta was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 10 years.
Video footage from businesses showed Franta near the place where his wife's body was found.

18254197_BG1.jpg

18254197_BG2.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member