Deceased/Not Found NV - Patrick Carnes, 86, Wells, 13 Apr 2011

I've been hoping and praying that if Mr. Carnes did pull off the freeway for some reason and got lost, or fell and hurt himself, that hikers or someone in that area the past 2 years comes across his remains. I am always praying for a miracle, that somehow and somewhere he and Lucky are still alive.

Something I wonder about too is about his dog, Lucky. If Mr. Carnes did park his vehicle, fell, and hurt himself, or perhaps suffered an attack of some sort, where was Lucky after? I wonder why Lucky was not seen anywhere around the vehicle, up on the freeway, or over at the homes far away in the distance?

Sadly, Mr. Carnes may have had a misadventure, but what happened to Lucky? Where did Lucky go? Wouldn't he stay with Mr. Carnes, at least for awhile? Or if help never came, make his way to the homes folks say are in the distance. Dogs can travel a long ways looking for water and food.

If Mr. Carnes parked and met misadventure away from his vehicle, what happened to Lucky? Why was he not found?

Patrick Carnes Missing on Vimeo

A good video to watch, very detailed. Also a tip that the dog was seen 3 days later. First time I heard that.

Also the dog is micro chipped per the fb page.

https://www.facebook.com/Patrick.Carnes.Missing

Thank you for posting this video. How bizarre that 2 older people who don't know each other are both missing from the same exit out in the middle of nowhere. Why this particular exit?

This is the first time I've heard that a dog looking like Lucky was seen 3 days later along the highway where Mr. Carnes car was found. Was the faithful soul waiting and searching for Mr. C. in the area where he was taken and his vehicle and Lucky dumped? Or something dreadful happened to Mr. Carnes in a different spot, then his vehicle and Lucky were dumped at the exit?

It is also mysterious why it took 3 days for a dog looking like Lucky to be seen along the highway near that exit. Where was Lucky for the first 3 days? Was Lucky dumped elsewhere and somehow followed the scent of Mr. C's vehicle to where it was dumped at the exit?

Even though it is nearing 3 years, I hope whomever has Lucky now will come forward. Lucky must have either been picked up or followed the highway to the nearest town looking for help. It looks like dry, desolate country, I can't imagine a pet dog surviving for long there with no food or water.

It is 3 long years since Mr. Carnes and Lucky disappeared, seemingly into thin air. Somebody somewhere must know what happened to these 2 innocent souls. How can anyone keep a secret about the disappearance of a Veteran, an old fellow who served his country, and now has mysteriously disappeared? How can anyone keep a secret about a nice old family man and his cherished dog? Apparently a dog was seen along that highway for a few days after Mr. Carnes disappeared. If you have Lucky, or know someone who does, please do the right thing, contact the authorities immediately. Please help the Carnes family find their Father Pat and his beloved dog Lucky.

Bumping to keep this sweet old man's memory alive on what would have been his 90th year. This case has affected me more than any other.... maybe because of my affinity for the elderly and animals. There isn't a day that goes by I do not wonder whatever became of him and his faithful companion Lucky. I truly believe there is a rogue cop on the prowl along I-80 in Nevada. Nothing else makes sense. Just watch the 'cash seizure' video which happened in the area where they went missing. Defenseless old man, traveling alone with chubby dog, carries cash, no cell phone = easy target. Someone needs to check the LE in the area, seriously. I will continue to keep these two in my thoughts until they are found...

Patrick was declared deceased April 14, 2014.

RGJ022943-1_20150410.jpg

Patrick Francis Maloney Carnes
Obituary
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/rgj/obituary.aspx?n=patrick-francis-maloney-carnes&pid=174605570&

RIP Patrick & Lucky.

Patrick Carnes Missing
https://www.facebook.com/Patrick.Carnes.Missing/

Still thinking of Mr. Carnes and Lucky so often. How does an old gent and his faithful dog disappear into thin air, with no clues after 4 long years?

^^^Yes, I still can't get these two out of my mind. I really want to know what happened...this is so bizarre. I have so many questions about the scene where the car was found. I live in Nevada, and if I am ever in that area, I will search myself. I don't think they are too far from that spot. :(

Coming up 5 years for poor Mr. Carnes and Lucky. I think of them so often. This is so, so sad. Was there ever an answer to the question of the dog looking like Lucky wandering around the highway a few days later? Whatever happened to that dog? I keep wondering if that was Lucky.

Coming up 5 years for poor Mr. Carnes and Lucky. I think of them so often. This is so, so sad. Was there ever an answer to the question of the dog looking like Lucky wandering around the highway a few days later? Whatever happened to that dog? I keep wondering if that was Lucky.

I have thought the same thing.. was the dog that was called in ever found? did the authorities go to see if that was lucky? did they set up traps with food in the area the dog was seen in order to try and get him.. I am sure he was hungry by then?

Thank you for posting this video. How bizarre that 2 older people who don't know each other are both missing from the same exit out in the middle of nowhere. Why this particular exit?

This is the first time I've heard that a dog looking like Lucky was seen 3 days later along the highway where Mr. Carnes car was found. Was the faithful soul waiting and searching for Mr. C. in the area where he was taken and his vehicle and Lucky dumped? Or something dreadful happened to Mr. Carnes in a different spot, then his vehicle and Lucky were dumped at the exit?

It is also mysterious why it took 3 days for a dog looking like Lucky to be seen along the highway near that exit. Where was Lucky for the first 3 days? Was Lucky dumped elsewhere and somehow followed the scent of Mr. C's vehicle to where it was dumped at the exit?

Even though it is nearing 3 years, I hope whomever has Lucky now will come forward. Lucky must have either been picked up or followed the highway to the nearest town looking for help. It looks like dry, desolate country, I can't imagine a pet dog surviving for long there with no food or water.

I thought about this too.. it took 3 days for someone to spot Lucky.. where was Lucky all of this time... ? could he have been in the spot with Patrick faithfull standing by an injured Patrick? and Left in order to get help and was on his way to the car?

I spent several hours at fleetdirectory.com looking at different company websites, hoping to find a logo that matched the general shape of what is on the back of that truck but didn't find anything that jumped out at me.

I listened to Coast to Coast last night & compared the Panther & Star (transport & leasing) company logos with it but they weren't quite right.

It is a tough one!
Hi. It sure is a tough one. I’ve been at it since the beginning. I gave up but now we can do image enhancement and analysis on our phones so I’m back at it. Here’s my best so far. I used the phone for contrast/tone/etc. and Luna online for blurring. I used the small logo for Colonial Freight Systems. Logo in question is at the bottom with my “enhancement”.

Attachments

• 454E9F0E-42F9-4710-B331-7B46736823D3.png
    454E9F0E-42F9-4710-B331-7B46736823D3.png
    404.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 5EADD124-3AB6-47D7-8C30-0F2B6C8F65EC.jpeg
    5EADD124-3AB6-47D7-8C30-0F2B6C8F65EC.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 73D13655-75D1-4136-BC85-67FBE97C16E1.jpeg
    73D13655-75D1-4136-BC85-67FBE97C16E1.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 13
Hi. It sure is a tough one. I’ve been at it since the beginning. I gave up but now we can do image enhancement and analysis on our phones so I’m back at it. Here’s my best so far. I used the phone for contrast/tone/etc. and Luna online for blurring. I used the small logo for Colonial Freight Systems. Logo in question is at the bottom with my “enhancement”.
That looks pretty good. You should post is here also they are discussing the logo of the truck. NV - I-80 Serial Killer?

I always thought the logo looked more like the letter "K" than anything, but could never find a match. The "Knight" logo looks perfect, and in the right corner too, but the rest of the truck doesn't match. I also thought "Circle K" might be it, but not so.

Here's what I did find, and it does seem very, very close in my opinion. Would love to hear if anyone else would like to comment. The image below is a screenshot I made from a video from this link:

Attachments

• Possible-Logo.jpg
    Possible-Logo.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Pat-followed.jpg
    Pat-followed.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 4

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors