NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this breaking news flash:

LAS VEGAS -- The National Park Service and Las Vegas Metro dive team are currently searching for human remains in Lake Mead. According to the National Park Service, someone reported on Thursday that they had found a human jawbone.

Metro dive team is currently at the location where the jawbone was found and is searching for other remains.

Here is a map from Henderson to Lake Mead.
map.jpg

Most folks go about the day not knowing about the things LE officers go through every day. Most dont know about the countless bodies that turn up everyday!!!! At WS we see them...the reports and ??? wondering is this the person Im looking for? Is this the misssing or the murdered or the forgotten? Everyday they encounter good people at thier worst, bad people at thier best, and all of the ranges in between. They see the horrible things humans can do to each other, and the sadness when it is just a simple tragedy.

When you think about your local LE give them a break...I am certian that those officers involved in this case and others would solve it if they could.

can you imagine having to go into dark water to look for a body?

We think <modsnip> or we know stuff...we may as well do. Myself I do not totally trust LE but I do know in princible...that hey are good and just doing the best they can with what they haveMy hat is off to the guys in the cold water looking....

Here is a map from Henderson to Lake Mead.
View attachment 12178

Do we know for certain that that's the part of Lake Mead they're searching?

From the area where Steven's phone last pinged to the nearest part of Lake Mead appears to be only about 13-14 miles. It would be shorter by foot because you could cut off a couple of big angles. (The starting address is a more or less random starting point in the Whitney Ranch area.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1051+Stephanie+Place,+Henderson,+NV+89014&daddr=36.083435,-115.031585+to:Lakeshore+Road,+Henderson,+NV&hl=en&geocode=Fc2KJgIdBokk-SmXeHX8h9DIgDFkj96TNBdO0Q%3BFeuWJgId38Ek-Slbss-ImtDIgDFIl7s3z77CpA%3BFZUTJwId9Nkm-SmfPNQrESjJgDG495_HuqIFpw&mra=prv&sll=36.077395,-114.970245&sspn=0.119872,0.308647&ie=UTF8&ll=36.088228,-114.929008&spn=0.120965,0.308647&t=h&z=12&via=1

And I hate to say this, but if somebody went into the water here, they could probably drift all the way to the dam, depending on circumstances.

Do we know for certain that that's the part of Lake Mead they're searching? From the area where Steven's phone last pinged to the nearest part of Lake Mead appears to be only about 13-14 miles. It would be shorter by foot because you could cut off a couple of big angles. (The starting address is a more or less random starting point in the Whitney Ranch area.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1051+Stephanie+Place,+Henderson,+NV+89014&daddr=36.083435,-115.031585+to:Lakeshore+Road,+Henderson,+NV&hl=en&geocode=Fc2KJgIdBokk-SmXeHX8h9DIgDFkj96TNBdO0Q%3BFeuWJgId38Ek-Slbss-ImtDIgDFIl7s3z77CpA%3BFZUTJwId9Nkm-SmfPNQrESjJgDG495_HuqIFpw&mra=prv&sll=36.077395,-114.970245&sspn=0.119872,0.308647&ie=UTF8&ll=36.088228,-114.929008&spn=0.120965,0.308647&t=h&z=12&via=1

And I hate to say this, but if somebody went into the water here, they could probably drift all the way to the dam, depending on circumstances.

BBM
I'm not sure where they found it... I just maped
directions from Henderson to Lake Mead...
I think the blue line is probably how you would drive there.

BBM
I'm not sure where they found it... I just maped
directions from Henderson to Lake Mead...
I think the blue line is probably how you would drive there.

Yes, that looks like how you'd get to the big marina. Thanks! Keep us posted, please?

Edited to add: found a little more. Here's the article: http://www.8newsnow.com/story/13452461/breaking-news-jawbone-found-in-lake-mead

It says the bone was found in Kingman Wash. That appears to be just past the Hoover Dam: http://www.nps.gov/pwr/customcf/apps/maps/showmap.cfm?alphacode=lame&parkname=Lake%20Mead%20National%20Recreation%20Area

That's about 25 miles on the main highway.

Henderson to Hoover Dam

Yes, that looks like how you'd get to the big marina. Thanks! Keep us posted, please?

It's about 54 min. by car from Evening Lights to
Las Vegas Bay... and it looks like Las Vegas Bay leads to Lake Mead.

Franklin Planners are so good that many companies that don't have an LDS connection still use them faithfully. I've used them in two different jobs where they were required, and then kept using them because they were useful. Not since I left the everyday workforce, though. They're wonderful if you have a life that's busy enough to need managing but relaxed enough to allow you time to write things down. If you're too busy it's like a rock around your neck when you're trying to swim :p If your life is slow, it's like killing a mosquito with a shotgun.

Or, if you were already sliding down into the dark abyss of yourself, it could look like a stark mirror of how badly your world is falling apart.

Yup. That's why I asked Naegle, early on, if that's possibly what SK was carrying, in the security video.

I've pared mine down to only the monthly pages...and use plain lined pages inside to track business stuff.

Like my sister says: "I can flip to the right page in my paper planner, than my husband can find something in his smart phone."

Just got this breaking news flash:

LAS VEGAS -- The National Park Service and Las Vegas Metro dive team are currently searching for human remains in Lake Mead. According to the National Park Service, someone reported on Thursday that they had found a human jawbone.

Metro dive team is currently at the location where the jawbone was found and is searching for other remains.

Arrrgghh! :banghead:
Thanks to a gigantic truck that took out our electricity and cable/internet from 9am to 4pm, I just found out about this!

Here's a satellite view of Kingman Wash.

One thing we know Steven liked, was boat trips and water sports. But I'm getting other vibes on this one.

Arrrgghh! :banghead:
Thanks to a gigantic truck that took out our electricity and cable/internet from 9am to 4pm, I just found out about this!

Here's a satellite view of Kingman Wash.

One thing we know Steven liked, was boat trips and water sports. But I'm getting other vibes on this one.

I am too. But you never know. I found it interesting that they sent the dive team out. I can't remember that ever happening before, unless they were looking for a specific victim of drowning.

I am too. But you never know. I found it interesting that they sent the dive team out. I can't remember that ever happening before, unless they were looking for a specific victim of drowning.

Probably because the bone was found in pretty deep water, by scuba divers?

We've got some people on our "similar cases" page, that are probably being checked.

AND.....there's always the icky thought: this could be human remains from the old cemetery covered by Lake Mead. The bone could have come from nearly anywhere, considering how large the Colorado drainage is....and gradually washed down to near the dam itself. Or come down from Kingman Wash, during heavy rains.

According to tonight's news, the bone was found in relatively shallow water by a tourist scuba diver. No idea yet if it's a relatively new bone or an old bone that could have been in there a while. With the water level so low, there's no telling what folks are finding these days.

Maybe this will help; occasionally, the moderators will post a "just the facts" short TOS at the beginning of a thread. (Remember, these aren't emails - this is a public discussion forum.)

Moderator hoppyfrog spelled the requirement to back up facts included in posts HERE.

They are the facts, as I have an excellent memory. I suppose maybe I am confused here, did I say something that is some how being construed as false or incorrect? I am aware that these are not emails.

The facts are this; I was told that Steven was on his way to some kind of event or meeting, that he appeared to become impatient with the light or traffic, parked his car about two blocks aways and walked. He was evidently following a friend to this event or meeting, as the person who told me was not specific about the location, however they were specific about the fact that Steven Koecher parked his car two blocks away because he didn't want to wait.

Can I authenticate that? I can tell you that is what was told to me from who I spoke to on the phone. Since I am not consciously telling an untruth and am repeating what I was told word per word-I am not sure why it is being considered as possibly fabricated or incorrect.

I am aware of the TOS and the neither am I fabricating anything, I am not lying, nor am I making up fantasy.

Please clarify your comments and tell me what point you're trying to make.

No offense, I am just being honest, and to the point. If there was a falsehood told or a lie spread I could understand your concern, but at this point I am not really sure why you are referring me to TOS, since the facts are what I actually stated word-per-word.

Regards,

Kelly

I thought those of us following Steven's case might find this article interesting, about a man who disappeared and was declared dead, but was still living under his own name:
Thomas Sanders

And he lived in Las Vegas -- not that I think there's any connection, but it does seem to show that it's possible to live well below the radar. And I doubt that Steven is getting arrested anywhere.

I thought those of us following Steven's case might find this article interesting, about a man who disappeared and was declared dead, but was still living under his own name:
Thomas Sanders

And he lived in Las Vegas -- not that I think there's any connection, but it does seem to show that it's possible to live well below the radar. And I doubt that Steven is getting arrested anywhere.

It is possible to live underneath the radar and didn't mean to intimate that it's impossible, just very hard to start out with. One would need to secure a new social and a new driver's license which is hard to do in this day and age unless one has some kind of connection where to secure that or if one can find an area where securing a new social is relatively easy. At one time there were some cities with DMV's that only required that you fill out an application and didn't require a birth certificate. That is no longer the case.

One can use an alias but again you are going to have to come up with a new social because if you are using your own social it will be picked and listed on the Experian, Transunion and Equifax. Dunn and Bradstreet will pick up the an alias also. My point is that it is not impossible but it is a challenge and Steven Koecher sounds like a smart guy, but one would have had to read up on changing and identity.

Regards,

Kelly

I was shocked to see the "the charlie project," in that I had no idea how many missing people that there really are.

I personally focused on this case because a colleague shared the story with me and it is unusual in that Steven Koecher appears to be a normal guy with some apparent issues with money and jobs, but in this day and age that is just not all that unusual especially for a young person.

If Steven quit a job because of the people around him were wordly and either used alot of profanity or told off color jokes or what have you, that is not altogether unusual being that Steven is LDS and the LDS take the morality that is taught by the religion pretty seriously. STeven Koecher may have really thought that being around those type of people was just really a drag on him.

Kelly

I just looked at the first security film again and blew it up. I asked my spouse what she thought about the guy who is walking in the film and she said, "he looks like a guy who is looking down at some directions," and she made the comment, that he looks like he is looking around for either an address or looking for someone who is suppose to meet him.

Kelly

It is possible to live underneath the radar and didn't mean to intimate that it's impossible, just very hard to start out with. One would need to secure a new social and a new driver's license which is hard to do in this day and age unless one has some kind of connection where to secure that or if one can find an area where securing a new social is relatively easy. At one time there were some cities with DMV's that only required that you fill out an application and didn't require a birth certificate. That is no longer the case.

One can use an alias but again you are going to have to come up with a new social because if you are using your own social it will be picked and listed on the Experian, Transunion and Equifax. Dunn and Bradstreet will pick up the an alias also. My point is that it is not impossible but it is a challenge and Steven Koecher sounds like a smart guy, but one would have had to read up on changing and identity.

Regards,

Kelly

I wasn't commenting on anything you said, Kelly. It's just been a general topic of discussion relative to Steven.

In this article, they point out that this man DIDN'T get any kind of new identity. He was still using his own name and may have worked under his own social security number. If he hadn't gone and killed that girl and probably her mother, he'd still be fine.

I wasn't commenting on anything you said, Kelly. It's just been a general topic of discussion relative to Steven.

In this article, they point out that this man DIDN'T get any kind of new identity. He was still using his own name and may have worked under his own social security number. If he hadn't gone and killed that girl and probably her mother, he'd still be fine.

No problem, and I am sorry if my comments came across that way. I had shall we say an interesting day. Sorry.

Kelly

Do we know for certain that that's the part of Lake Mead they're searching?

From the area where Steven's phone last pinged to the nearest part of Lake Mead appears to be only about 13-14 miles. It would be shorter by foot because you could cut off a couple of big angles. (The starting address is a more or less random starting point in the Whitney Ranch area.)

I looked 4 a connection to the lake because of his Overton pings in the am the 12th...on the northern access thinking he may have gone to the lake for drive??? and the pings returned later in the day... The pings in the Whitney ranch area close to south access, pointed me back there agian. I looked at the possiblity of him getting work on a year round houseboat or a lodge somewhere on the lake that is isolated, or may be living aboard a houseboat as a caretaker in one of the marinas. I looked 4 ads in local papers and or web sites but found nothing that seemed likely.

Did you know that the Sacramento area has a large market for houseboating? I did. If I was looking to lay low could pay for a year or more I would be there myself.

Interesting note: I was looking at this in Febuary...Check out thread#115 By leomoon80 tiltled Houseboat party on Stevens Astrology thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon