NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The facts are this; I was told that Steven was on his way to some kind of event or meeting, that he appeared to become impatient with the light or traffic, parked his car about two blocks aways and walked. He was evidently following a friend to this event or meeting, as the person who told me was not specific about the location, however they were specific about the fact that Steven Koecher parked his car two blocks away because he didn't want to wait.

SCA is an age restricted community. If you look at an aerial view of SCA it is filled with circular roads, cul-de-sacs and other features no doubt designed to keep out cars that don't belong there or slow down vehicles as they drive through the development.

I doubt, although I've never been there, that there are any traffic lights on the garden variety, run of the mill intersections in SCA which would include the area around Evening Lights.

so <modsnip>, someone told you Steven was getting impatient with traffic or traffic lights, parked his car and walked two blocks? how much traffic does anyone expect to see in an age restricted community?

I would ask you, if you know that someone said they saw him that morning, did you report this person to LE as someone claiming to have some relevant knowledge on the missing person? <modsnip>

Assume there were a few cars, parking and walking two blocks has to be one of the most absurd things to do unless traffic was at a standstill. and if there was congestion like that, Steven would not have been the only person to look for a detour but the camera shows <modsnip>, 2 cars in motion? his and the realtors?

the fact remains he chose a spot to park his car where he thought no one would see him. I know there have not been any <modsnip>new facts in a long time so we are left with speculating over the same handful of scenarios.

SCA is an age restricted community. If you look at an aerial view of SCA it is filled with circular roads, cul-de-sacs and other features no doubt designed to keep out cars that don't belong there or slow down vehicles as they drive through the development.

I doubt, although I've never been there, that there are any traffic lights on the garden variety, run of the mill intersections in SCA which would include the area around Evening Lights.

so let me get this straight, someone told you Steven was getting impatient with traffic or traffic lights, parked his car and walked two blocks? how much traffic does anyone expect to see in an age restricted community?

I would ask you, if you know that someone said they saw him that morning, did you report this person to LE as someone claiming to have some relevant knowledge on the missing person? (doubt it)

Assume there were a few cars, parking and walking two blocks has to be one of the most absurd things to do unless traffic was at a standstill. and if there was congestion like that, Steven would not have been the only person to look for a detour but the camera shows what, 2 cars in motion? his and the realtors?

the fact remains he chose a spot to park his car where he thought no one would see him. I know there have not been any real new facts in a long time so we are left with speculating over the same handful of scenarios.

Meh. I park and walk two blocks -- or four blocks -- all the time, and not just because of traffic lights. I'll do it to avoid a left-hand turn, or because it's easier to get to my next stop if I don't pull into a parking lot, or because I can get a head-in parking space instead of having to parallel park, or because my car is less likely to get dinged in one place than the other. Sometimes just because I feel like walking.

If I don't know exactly where I'm going, I'll be much more likely to park nearby and walk around the block if I can, rather than driving around trying to see house numbers and avoid running into people at the same time.

I think the only conclusion that could be drawn from Kelly's story is that Steven might have had a similar attitude.

I do remember somebody telling a story very similar to this early on, but I don't remember who and can't find it now.

This is the only way I know to move this old post by gsmith. It speaks of
SK parking his car away from a restaurant. This is a "copy and paste" from
March, 2010:

03-03-2010, 03:35 AM
gsmith
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2010

friend of steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a friend of Steven. I met him while working a graveyard shift at FedEx ground a few years ago. I just wanted to share a few things about him. I talked to him last before he moved to St. George.

He is the nicest guy I know. He really couldn't hurt a soul. In fact my mom recently reminded me that when I first met him that I was concerned for his safety because he seemed a bit naive to the evils of the world. He just finds the good in people and I felt someone could take advantage of him.

He was one of my groomsmen. In fact he arrived an hour late to the events even after I reminded him a number of times of the correct place and time. He is very smart but needs time to gather his thoughts. Sometimes he would be in the middle of a story and all of a sudden pause for up to 20 seconds.

I usually hung out with him one on one so we talked about deep subjects. We had similar situations since we both had degrees and worked crappy jobs. He seemed concerned in our conversations that he wouldn't be able to support a family even if he could find the right girl to marry. A year ago I encouraged him to go back to school even if he had to live with his parents to afford it. He didn't like the idea at all. He seemed to not want to live with his parents nor go through the difficulty of school again.

He is very tuned to spiritual matters. Within a year before he moved to St. George he broke up with a girl because he felt god didn't want him to be with her. He was very troubled by it since she was just so perfect for him. During that time he told me he thought he had already missed the chance to be with god's chosen girl for him. He had had the chance but didn't go for her when she was available.

When he moved it was sudden. I didn't get a chance to really say goodbye in person. While down in St. George I called and texted him a few times but never heard from him. I just figured he never got my texts because he complained once how his phone didn't get my texts.

Here are a few other things about him:

He is a great tenis player. I never beat him. He could hit a ball incredibly hard.

He liked to play guitar and sing but I think he realized he wasn't good enough to make a career out of it. I am big into music and recording and he was a bit embarrassed to record.

When we ate out he'd get meals of only a few bucks to save money. He once "splurged" and got an 8 dollar meal at a fastfood place.

Once we met at a restaurant and he parked his car down the block. I thought it was so strange. He said he had missed the turn. I couldn't understand why he didn't just make a U turn since the street wasn't that busy.

During a few conversations with him he expressed the conflict in his mind. He said at times he felt uneasy and anxious with his day to day activities. I remember him saying he was trying a medication to help. It might have been a one time experiment though.

We'd always talk on the phone with a Russian accent. It was silly but it was fun. Steve is such an easy going guy.
He loved going to sporting games. He loved to do group activities.

gsmith said:
Once we met at a restaurant and he parked his car down the block. I thought it was so strange. He said he had missed the turn. I couldn't understand why he didn't just make a U turn since the street wasn't that busy.

(snippage)

Thank you. That's exactly the (only) account we're familiar with.

One can use an alias but again you are going to have to come up with a new social because if you are using your own social it will be picked and listed on the Experian, Transunion and Equifax. Dunn and Bradstreet will pick up the an alias also. My point is that it is not impossible but it is a challenge and Steven Koecher sounds like a smart guy, but one would have had to read up on changing and identity.

Regards,

Kelly

<modsnip> clicked on the link that carbuff provided, and read the article, <modsnip> this:

"Sanders worked as a laborer, a welder and a scrap metal collector, but left little record behind, Edwards said. He lived under his own name but avoided putting that name down in writing, investigators said.
"He didn't have utilities turned on in his name, didn't have credit cards, didn't sign up for stuff," Edwards said. "He was out of general society."​
<modsnip>
Part of our TOS states that we do not quote copyrighted material in its entirety, so links are provided. They will appear as underlined text that you can click on, and read. In carbuff's case, you see the name "Thomas Sanders" underlined; that's where you click to read the article.

<modsnip>, he didn't get a "new social" and credit reporting agencies wouldn't have been involved.

I do remember somebody telling a story very similar to this early on, but I don't remember who and can't find it now.

I provided a link to that post here: Post 56 in this thread so that Kelly could compare it to what he's being told by someone, via phone.

The reason I also referred him to the TOS, is because sometimes, rumors get spread by nonpublic communications -- and if he's talking to people on the phone who DO know something about Steven, the story about "not wanting to wait for a light" would have to come from a new source -- because none of our other sources have that story.

Therefore, validating the source is essential.

I provided a link to that post here: Post 56 in this thread so that Kelly could compare it to what he's being told by someone, via phone.

The reason I also referred him to the TOS, is because sometimes, rumors get spread by nonpublic communications -- and if he's talking to people on the phone who DO know something about Steven, the story about "not wanting to wait for a light" would have to come from a new source -- because none of our other sources have that story.

Therefore, validating the source is essential.

Thanks, yes, that's it. Knew it was there somewhere!

Anyone want to discuss the fact that steven left a party abruptly on Dec 7th, was at a point on the 10th to connect with a bus in Wendover Nv, was at a point at the approx time of a candlelight vigil in SLC the 10th?

Anyone want to discuss the fact that steven left a party abruptly on Dec 7th, was at a point on the 10th to connect with a bus in Wendover Nv, was at a point at the approx time of a candlelight vigil in SLC the 10th?

How do you know where Steven was on the 10th?

I'm not quite following you. On the 10th, I was at a point while the vigil was being held -- I don't remember what point, but I know I was somewhere. We all were somewhere. That doesn't make it significant. It looks like Steven was back in St. George by the evening of the 10th.

How do you know where Steven was on the 10th?

Read the time timeline He left a xmas party abuptly on Dec 7th about the time the another misssing persons case hit the news, He takes a trip to Ruby, a gas purchase on the 10th was in Westover Nv @ the Pilot Travel Center Exact time never published...also a greyhound bus stop. Was in SLC at a approx time of the first candlelight vigil for another Utah misssing person and at a time that story hit National news. Returns to his home town and dissapears.

look back at my posts thread #17 #18

I'm not quite following you. On the 10th, I was at a point while the vigil was being held -- I don't remember what point, but I know I was somewhere. We all were somewhere. That doesn't make it significant. It looks like Steven was back in St. George by the evening of the 10th.

sorry...that is he was.

Read the time timeline He left a xmas party abuptly on Dec 7th about the time the another misssing persons case hit the news, He takes a trip to Ruby, a gas purchase on the 10th was in Westover Nv @ the Pilot Travel Center Exact time never published...also a greyhound bus stop. Was in SLC at a approx time of the first candlelight vigil for another Utah misssing person and at a time that story hit National news. Returns to his home town and dissapears.

I am very curious about why he left that party, though I'm more inclined to think it was some kind of incident that made him realize that his love interest was never going to reciprocate (perhaps an engagement announced? I'm speculating).

I am very curious about why he left that party, though I'm more inclined to think it was some kind of incident that made him realize that his love interest was never going to reciprocate (perhaps an engagement announced? I'm speculating).

perhaps conversation at the dinner table about another missing person in the community? He has some cell activity about this time that would make you go hummm. perhaps the love interest was this missing person?

Are you suggesting that Steven met this missing person on a greyhound bus connection and then returned home with the intent to also vanish? Or at the very least, his disappearance has something to do with this other missing person?

BTW, I have been reading your posts all along.....

perhaps conversation at the dinner table about another missing person in the community? He has some cell activity about this time that would make you go hummm. perhaps the love interest was this missing person?

I couldn't rule it out, though I think it's more likely related to another person who is known to have been in Las Vegas at the same time as Steven.

I must be losing it tonight....I am following a number of cases at once so maybe I am forgetting things here. I don't recall Steven's specific cell phone activities as being released to the public, only that his calls were to people he knew who have all checked out.

I think someone needs to put the screws to the last known person who spoke with him....and that was a cell phone convo, if I recall correctly. Too many coincidences there.

Are you suggesting that Steven met this missing person on a greyhound bus connection and then returned home with the intent to also vanish? Or at the very least, his disappearance has something to do with this other missing person?

BTW, I have been reading your posts all along.....

I do...and thank you...This is what my life is like right now becsause of this case.

It's like taking a 300 piece puzzle, remove all of the border pieces put them in a paper sack. Look at the picture once,turn over all of the pieces, now put together the puzzle until you run out of pieces... then its time to fit the border to the rest of the puzzle... today the center of the puzzle was finished... its been hard but now if Im lucky I will see the picture for the second time...If can find the bag of border pieces....

I think someone needs to put the screws to the last known person who spoke with him....and that was a cell phone convo, if I recall correctly. Too many coincidences there.

Well, he has spoken with the parents, I believe, and told them more than has been made public. So maybe we need a fly on the wall more than we need screws :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea