NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was me. It was my opinion, based on a couple of comments by family - but really nothing more than my own reading between the lines.

We were supposed to have a lot of rain last weekend, but it never happened until Sunday night. I figured that may have been the reason for not scheduling a search. Supposed to rain again this weekend, but we shall see.

There is NO sense of urgency from the folks who should have a sense of urgency here. Am I right?

Searching for Steven is like searching for Susan Powell: WHERE?

There can be a sense of urgency, but after this long, what's logical?

Unless they suddenly start searching somewhere else, we can pretty much assume this is a recovery operation....or that they have no more info than we have.

Searching for Steven is like searching for Susan Powell: WHERE?

There can be a sense of urgency, but after this long, what's logical?

Unless they suddenly start searching somewhere else, we can pretty much assume this is a recovery operation....or that they have no more info than we have.

I'm convinced there are people who have waaaaaaaaay more info than we have.

I've been following missing persons cases for a while and, the Susan Powell case not withstanding, what we're seeing in Steven's case is NOT the norm. At least in Susan's case, they can claim inclement weather and really have NO idea where to look. It's not the same in Steven's case. There's no snow here and last week it was nearly 70 degrees and sunny every single day. Many families and investigating LE agencies conduct regular searches for their missing loved ones - even when they know it's a recovery operation.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the LDS membership between St. George and Las Vegas is vast and if church members could help Josh Powell pack up his house so he could run to daddy in WA, some LDS folks should certainly be able and willing to get out and look for Steven. They're barely even acknowledging that Steven is missing - from what I've seen.

I'm convinced there are people who have waaaaaaaaay more info than we have.

I've been following missing persons cases for a while and, the Susan Powell case not withstanding, what we're seeing in Steven's case is NOT the norm. At least in Susan's case, they can claim inclement weather and really have NO idea where to look. It's not the same in Steven's case. There's no snow here and last week it was nearly 70 degrees and sunny every single day. Many families and investigating LE agencies conduct regular searches for their missing loved ones - even when they know it's a recovery operation.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the LDS membership between St. George and Las Vegas is vast and if church members could help Josh Powell pack up his house so he could run to daddy in WA, some LDS folks should certainly be able and willing to get out and look for Steven. They're barely even acknowledging that Steven is missing - from what I've seen.

Maybe you're seeing the difference between an organized, adult LDS ward with a strong Relief Society.....and a singles ward. A family who lived in WVC for 5-6 years, and a guy who rented a room and didn't have much of a (known) social life. A woman with children, and a man without.

Or just a woman, versus a man.

Maybe you're seeing the difference between an organized, adult LDS ward with a strong Relief Society.....and a singles ward. A family who lived in WVC for 5-6 years, and a guy who rented a room and didn't have much of a (known) social life. A woman with children, and a man without.

Or just a woman, versus a man.

Well frankly, I'm not impressed with the efforts of the church "friends" in either case. Sorry.

I don't have the slightest idea whether all the LDS wards tend to keep to themselves or not. Perhaps some of our LDS posters can shed some light on that. I DO feel that it's just good Christian practice to step up if called upon to help - in any possible way - when a brother is missing. It's what people do for crying out loud. Have they not been called upon? Do they know of a reason Steven DOESN'T need help? If so, spit it out!

No one here knows Steven personally, yet we are here every flipping day - :banghead::banghead::banghead: - trying to figure out how to help this man who is a stranger to us. WHY IS THAT???

Well frankly, I'm not impressed with the efforts of the church "friends" in either case. Sorry.

I don't have the slightest idea whether all the LDS wards tend to keep to themselves or not. Perhaps some of our LDS posters can shed some light on that. I DO feel that it's just good Christian practice to step up if called upon to help - in any possible way - when a brother is missing. It's what people do for crying out loud. Have they not been called upon? Do they know of a reason Steven DOESN'T need help? If so, spit it out!

No one here knows Steven personally, yet we are here every flipping day - :banghead::banghead::banghead: - trying to figure out how to help this man who is a stranger to us. WHY IS THAT???

I think it is case by case even though it does appear that way. I am LDS and I am disgusted by both cases.

I honestly can see right through JP and would NEVER ever ever be able to EVER EVER go near that man to help him in any way when he can't even step one foot out side of his doorway to look for his dear sweet wife. Why they came to his aide is beyond me...

As far as the members in SK's ward... They disgust me too! Why aren't they speaking up? Why aren't they rallying for him? Why aren't they out doing all they can looking for a lost soul who is missing?? And until GW explains in more detail about his galavantings in Vegas than I am highly suspicious of him too, but it doesn't seem like those ward members see that either.

And no I have nothing against the church, I love the church and go every week, just don't understand what is going on with these two cases one bit! :banghead::banghead::furious::furious:

I think it is case by case even though it does appear that way. I am LDS and I am disgusted by both cases.

I honestly can see right through JP and would NEVER ever ever be able to EVER EVER go near that man to help him in any way when he can't even step one foot out side of his doorway to look for his dear sweet wife. Why they came to his aide is beyond me...

As far as the members in SK's ward... They disgust me too! Why aren't they speaking up? Why aren't they rallying for him? Why aren't they out doing all they can looking for a lost soul who is missing?? And until GW explains in more detail about his galavantings in Vegas than I am highly suspicious of him too, but it doesn't seem like those ward members see that either.

And no I have nothing against the church, I love the church and go every week, just don't understand what is going on with these two cases one bit! :banghead::banghead::furious::furious:

Honestly, I have nothing against the church myself. I just don't understand helping what most of us believe is a murderer and not mobilizing a virtual army when one of their own is missing. None of it makes any sense on a purely human level. IMO.

This is my own opinion. There should have been money put in or left in that bank account when Steven went missing. Maybe the amount able to be withdrawn should have been low, but if Steven, or anyone with Steven, tried to access money in an emergency, there is nothing to withdraw.

If anyone attempts an ATM withdrawal and the balance is zero, they may pitch the card. If the person is able to withdraw even $100 a day, they may be encouraged to do this over and over - with locations and camera views at each withdrawal.

I think that Steven's friends and perhaps family may not understand how much this group of people on the internet would really like to help them find him and find him safely.

Hollyblue,
Well, the church was going to help Steven jobwise ; they had promised to find him employment after the 1st of the year. Meanwhile, he had a block of time, with no structure at all that I can see. He might well have looked at the driving as recreational, preferable to staying in the house alone. Who really knows ? I'm beginning to think that he was always just a bit "out of sync" with everyone, but we don't exactly know for sure. I don't really understand where the people who know him are ; they don't seem all that visible anymore.

I don't read too much into the church helping him job wise. I'm not saying they weren't helping him or concerned. I just don't think there was a specific job in store for Steven, come the first of the year. I see it going more like, "Hey don't worry we'll help you find something the first of year."
The reason I say this is because things really wind down the end of the year. I can't think of one company that I have worked for where there was hiring going on at the end of the year. You're either scrambling to get year end stuff done or you are coasting into the new year. I think someone was just trying to lift his spirits. I think if there was a specific job we would have heard what that job was by now and who was gonna hire him. JMO

Don't know if the Help Us FB page is permanently down but it is not working right now. All the other FB pages I'm looking at are working though.:waitasec:

Don't know if the Help Us FB page is permanently down but it is not working right now. All the other FB pages I'm looking at are working though.:waitasec:

I checked FB page. At first, it would not go to the page, but
then it did. Looks exactly the same as yesterday.

Okay. Now I'm going to assume that your source isn't one of my two sources (AL and CL)...so I'm going to do a 1, 2, 3 confirmation thing on that.

Thank you!

Anyone want to try their magical mystery powers on AN, to check on that Ruby Valley visit date (and best start and end times)???

AN posted the information and did not retract it that I have seen. Why did Naegle change the date on that? What gives her the right????? HAHAHA It's becoming almost like Naegle helped Steven. I mean how would she know better than the people that had him in their house.

I believe he was at the temple.

Random thought that came to me last night while I was trying to get to sleep:

Steven's in Ruby Valley for lunch, then Wendover after that, but still manages to get back to St. George by 6 or so for temple night. Wonder if any of his friends is a pilot with a private plane? Pick him up in Wendover that afternoon, drop him off either the next morning or after the services?

Steven's in Ruby Valley for lunch, then Wendover after that, but still manages to get back to St. George by 6 or so for temple night. Wonder if any of his friends is a pilot with a private plane? Pick him up in Wendover that afternoon, drop him off either the next morning or after the services?

Always a possibility, especially with as quiet as his "friends" are...

I know. I've asked this question before too. A private pilot could have helped him "fly away" also. A friend, or a friend of a friend? If you think about it, almost everyone knows someone with a pilot license or plane. The Executive Airport is just west of the subdivision. Maybe he was saving money for that purpose? It's less than a 5mi. walk---almost straight away thru the golf course. IMO, no one was expecting those cameras (edited) there.

http://www.hnd.aero/index.asp

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourcei...ult&ct=directions-to&resnum=1&ved=0CAwQngIwAA

I can't stay away from here, I keep checking back for more information. They had a girl disappear from Hooters here, and they have the guys that did it now. So you never know what will pop up. I put it in the current crimes section. I still go back to, SK was in those places, or was he? Was he already gone and someone used his cards? I really still do not understand, he pops up in the news...then nothing again. Pops up, then nothing.

I know. I've asked this question before too. A private pilot could have helped him "fly away" also. A friend, or a friend of a friend? If you think about it, almost everyone knows someone with a pilot license or plane. The Executive Airport is just west of the subdivision. Maybe he was saving money for that purpose? It's less than a 5mi. walk---almost straight away thru the golf course. IMO, no one was expecting those cameras (edited) there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourcei...ult&ct=directions-to&resnum=1&ved=0CAwQngIwAA

I'm not sure it would even have to cost him anything -- many pilots are just glad for an excuse to be up in the air. And a friend might easily have flown him to another airport where he could catch a plane to anywhere.

Or, on the flip side, could have flown a body most anywhere, or flown in and out to do him harm

You did a link -- nice job!

Here's a secret: if you want to map any destination from Savannah Springs or where Steven lived in St George, you can go to the timeline and find THAT map....then click on directions, put in a destination and it'll come up like this. It even let me pick walking versus driving.
Walking route from Savannah Springs to Henderson Airport

It's a long ways from Ruby Valley to Wendover, and I guess someone could land a plane on a dirt road in Ruby Valey.... ;)

Naegle and I did some brainstorming on the Wendover thing, yesterday afternoon.

The ONLY person who ever said that the Wendover stop was *after* Ruby Valley, was the KLAS reporter Jaxon who also posted here. His news story could be read as intimating that Steven's parents had that knowledge. We did a bit of arguing back and forth here, in fact, and he held his position -- and that's why I never had the Wendover stop on *our* timeline.

BUT...Wendover IS on our timeline now, in a different place: BEFORE the Ruby Valley stop. It "hit" the bank account on the 10th, meaning that it had to be a purchase at least before then....on that trip.

He'd still have to whoosh right south to St George after RV lunch, but it's possible...especially if he felt an obligation to get there (ie, a phone call).

There's one other thing: the St George Temple visit eliminates ANY possibility of him having driven to Sacramento and back. Even though we have receipts the next day showing he went as far north as Springville (and maybe even SLC)....he couldn't have driven to Sacramento and back in time to pass out window washing flyers and rescue locked-out children the next day.

I can't stay away from here, I keep checking back for more information. They had a girl disappear from Hooters here, and they have the guys that did it now. So you never know what will pop up. I put it in the current crimes section. I still go back to, SK was in those places, or was he? Was he already gone and someone used his cards? I really still do not understand, he pops up in the news...then nothing again. Pops up, then nothing.

These cases pop up in the news, when something external happens.

If you take away all of the friends & family-generated stories from the Susan Powell case, there be about 1/3 the coverage there has been.

Remember when Susan's neighbor tried to get the swingset back when Josh was moving?

We need Steven's landlord to try to get the toaster back from Z, and alert the press first.

Or the St George folks to publicize a vigil.

You did a link -- nice job!

Here's a secret: if you want to map any destination from Savannah Springs or where Steven lived in St George, you can go to the timeline and find THAT map....then click on directions, put in a destination and it'll come up like this. It even let me pick walking versus driving.
Walking route from Savannah Springs to Henderson Airport

Thanks Lay, I did that (walking) on my map, but it did not come thru in the link. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolibery