NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wouldn't have had to BE in Sacramento, but just NEAR Sacramento. IMO. What I would consider a major commute is nothing to Californians!

30 miles is nothing; my husband's job is twice that far from our home.

But that area where the parts were found is just farming. I was in that very area, the last week of October. Unless he was a farmhand, there's fewer jobs than anywhere he's been.

Yeah, I know it's the Emerald Triangle area (you can smell the marijuana in the air, when you're in Eureka), but they pretty much have a market for all they grow.

SK mentioned Sacramento. Mrs N told him there was a storm heading in, and it wasn't a good idea. The storm DID come in, on the 11th (pretty much solidifies our Ruby Valley on the 10th idea).
I don't think he ever got that way. He could have driven there, if he'd wanted to, rather than going to Vegas.

Bump

Don't they have DNA from Steven's family? If it's possibly his body in Sacramento, can't they test the DNA?

Bump

Don't they have DNA from Steven's family? If it's possibly his body in Sacramento, can't they test the DNA?

I think they're looking first, that the body parts belong to the leg previously found. The leg was ID'd via DNA, but they've never found the person it belonged to.

As for Steven's DNA/dentals: we have no idea. According to NAMUS, they're not available.
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4889/4779

But that area where the parts were found is just farming. I was in that very area, the last week of October. Unless he was a farmhand, there's fewer jobs than anywhere he's been.

Yeah, I know it's the Emerald Triangle area (you can smell the marijuana in the air, when you're in Eureka), but they pretty much have a market for all they grow.

SK mentioned Sacramento. Mrs N told him there was a storm heading in, and it wasn't a good idea. The storm DID come in, on the 11th (pretty much solidifies our Ruby Valley on the 10th idea).
I don't think he ever got that way. He could have driven there, if he'd wanted to, rather than going to Vegas.

It doesn't really matter how many jobs there are, if he had one of them already lined up, or at least a solid lead. Though I can't really picture Steven doing farm labor...

Good thought on the timing of the storm to confirm the Ruby Valley date. Yes, that does make it sound like the 10th is a firm date.

Goodness, Steven is on second page, Bump

Wasn't there another body police in Sacramento were investigating, which was a burned body? That was what reminded me of the other deaths in burned out cars.

Wasn't there another body police in Sacramento were investigating, which was a burned body? That was what reminded me of the other deaths in burned out cars.

There's still an unidentified body found in the canal, west of Sacramento.

The burned body I'm familiar with, was found in Redlands, CA.

OK. What's "bump" mean? I've seen that a few times lately.

"bump " is when you have nothing to say but want to get the thread back to first page. Most recent comments keep a thread on first page.

"bump " is when you have nothing to say but want to get the thread back to first page. Most recent comments keep a thread on first page.

But if we don't have anything to say, does "our" case deserve to be on the front page of websleuths? (Just askin'.....)

It doesn't really matter how many jobs there are, if he had one of them already lined up, or at least a solid lead. Though I can't really picture Steven doing farm labor...
Me neither. Plus, it pays so poorly with bad conditions. If he wanted to do labor, there were plenty of jobs available in Utah. Heck, there were plenty of non-labor jobs available in Utah.

Good thought on the timing of the storm to confirm the Ruby Valley date. Yes, that does make it sound like the 10th is a firm date.

Thanks; I don't know why it took me so long to check weather history; NO incoming storms threatened on the 8th, 9th or 10th. They did get a slight snowfall on the 11th; but it would have been worse coming over the Sierras....which is what the Neffs would have keyed in on. I never believed he meant to go to Sacramento.

That is a good question LOL. The cases on first page do draw more people to read , and comment. You know how it is out of sight out of mind. I've noticed people do it with cases that they are more attached to, So I guess that would be my reason.

That is a good question LOL. The cases on first page do draw more people to read , and comment. You know how it is out of sight out of mind. I've noticed people do it with cases that they are more attached to, So I guess that would be my reason.

(Don't tell anyone, but....I haven't looked at the front page since I first joined WS. I bookmark the threads, and go straight to them. I guess that's why I get so irritated when new threads are begun. ) I'm kind of a one case at a time person, so it works for me. Probably for no one else.

Q: Is it possible to find out the addresses of the Home Depot and
Best Buy stores, where the tips came from? And any other locations?

A: I really have no idea. I don't think my aunt and uncle know specifics either. Maybe those on ws with LE contacts could ask.

We know he didn't go to Sacramento from Ruby Valley. I was thinking maybe he went there from Vegas.

This person whose remains they found obviously didn't go into the river on his own. My guess is, he was killed elsewhere, cut into pieces and dumped where he was found. Just because he was found there doesn't mean he started out there! Farm work? Sheesh! That didn't even cross my mind!

A: I really have no idea. I don't think my aunt and uncle know specifics either. Maybe those on ws with LE contacts could ask.

Great.

Personally, I don't have any LE contacts. Anybody else?

Reposting from old thread:

But on the other hand, if he left because he was fed up with trying to fit in his family's box, why would he tell them? He might figure they would be so disapproving, they'd throw him out anyway, or he might just not care any more. Or maybe be afraid if they knew, they'd come after him.

Well...we know he's closest to his mom, so I can't believe he'd intentionally hurt her this way. His extended family misses him, KC misses him. His friends miss him, too. But the alternative, I guess, is a worse hurt.

As for coming after him: I don't think they would. If he's pulled off a super-genius escape act, he's already more devious than anyone in his family.

Great.

Personally, I don't have any LE contacts. Anybody else?

I have a couple, but it's one-way only. I send stuff. I send stuff. (I guess that's the way it normally works, though.)

If LE was going to tell us stuff, they'd tell the family first...and they've not told them much.

I guess I could try to wear down Det McKay, but that might just irritate him ;)

I don't want to sound rude but maybe the family needs to be a little more assertive. It is their son, why aren't they demanding answers?

We know he didn't go to Sacramento from Ruby Valley. I was thinking maybe he went there from Vegas.

Why drive further south, to go north and west from St George? (Yeah, I know - there's that secret band of drivers out there who'll ferry strangers around the country for free, "just for the company"....but if he used someone like that, it could explain why he was never heard from again.)

This person whose remains they found obviously didn't go into the river on his own. My guess is, he was killed elsewhere, cut into pieces and dumped where he was found. Just because he was found there doesn't mean he started out there! Farm work? Sheesh! That didn't even cross my mind!

I can't imagine him doing farm work. If he liked labor, he'd have stuck with construction or FedEx.

But there's not much else up there. A few small motels in small towns, a few small restaurants. Migrants have most of the farmwork. (In other worse, worse pay than he'd ever imagined before in any previous job except maybe window-washing.)

Ever driven past the northern city limits of Sacramento? Farms, about the same as you see in Southern Arizona.

I check the northern california cases just to keep things going here, but I still believe Steven will be found in/near SCA. The theories that he left, are too convoluted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500