Identified! NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

Wow, you have found out a lot more information. I suspect the scretch marks are from being pregnant. But, we could be looking at someone who was reported missing and was much heavier at the time. I am impressed with all the new information.

I find that hard to believe for two reasons:
1. She was shot in the back of the head. I can't see a woman doing that.
2. This was not a short woman. She was 5'5. From the post mortem photo, and from what I've read about the "photo shopping" it looks like the bullet went into an area sort of the top of the head, and out through the eye/temple where it looks photo shopped. That's a tall woman killer. Or am I forgetting something???

OOPS- meant to "not a short woman" --average.

Yeah, I wonder what size shoe the other person had. The snow will melt and make it look bigger. The foot print I mean.

Wow, you have found out a lot more information. I suspect the scretch marks are from being pregnant. But, we could be looking at someone who was reported missing and was much heavier at the time. I am impressed with all the new information.

Thank God for Charlie --- he's like a Bull Dog on a bone! (I mean that in a good way!!! )

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I stumbled on this site because of this thread and decided to stick around. This young woman's story touched my heart, and Charlie has worked very hard on this. I really hope that he can give her, her name and her dignity back.

(Psst - just so you know: it is no small accomplishment that he got to talk to a detective. You can't get local LE here, to respond to murder's IN PROGRESS much less, to one from 1982. That is a serious testament to Charlie's excellent work and very dedicated caring about this girl.)

I have a question about the position of the body. It sounds like she was found face down (appeared to be sleeping). I am wondering if she fell forward or was kneeling when she was shot. I don't know if that really matters, but I guess the more information we have the better chance we have of identifying her.

I imagine she was kneeling and one report said slumped over on a log but the witnesses said looked like she was sleeping. Maybe she was almost face down or on her left side (note her post mortem where the lower left side of her face is smooshed in her lips and cheeks) and her left side of her forehead has some scratches too. I think she was on that side of her body.

Just thinking about the Germans in brazil and Argentina cause that's where the Nazis fled to

Just thinking about the Germans in brazil and Argentina cause that's where the Nazis fled to
Ohhhh....that's good thinking!!! I didn't think of that angle.
She could have come from there very easily. But that still wouldn't account for the "German", or "Eastern european" dental work. (Still not sure what to think of that. That's a serious discrepancy)

Let me think about it. I have some German friends....They might know some people in Argentina or Brasil.

I'm thinking about what I want to ask, but it seems like I'm rebasing old questions. They need to get her onto namus

Well, I went up to Tahoe and talked to a few of the old timers at Hidden Beach today. I showed them the photo of Carl's reconstruction as well as her post-mortem. All 3 said they were sad but did not remember her and all three were going up there since 1980. Of course that doesn't mean she wasn't there ---just that they don't remember her.

All of them expressed their sadness and said they would contact the detective on the flyer if they remembered anything.

Sorry I struck out Charlie. :(

Well, I went up to Tahoe and talked to a few of the old timers at Hidden Beach today. I showed them the photo of Carl's reconstruction as well as her post-mortem. All 3 said they were sad but did not remember her and all three were going up there since 1980. Of course that doesn't mean she wasn't there ---just that they don't remember her.

All of them expressed their sadness and said they would contact the detective on the flyer if they remembered anything.

Sorry I struck out Charlie. :(

Thank you so much for doing this! Even if these guys didn't remember right now, maybe one of them will remember something later, or they'll talk to somebody who does. You just never know.

Oh my goodness, you're the best!

Thank you for going out there and doing that!

I just fired off a new set of questions for the detective. We shall soon see.

Oh my goodness, you're the best!

Thank you for going out there and doing that!

Aw shucks. :blushing:

You're welcome. I wish it had been more fruitful but hopefully, as carbuf says, maybe someone willl remember something. I took several fliers I had printed out and gave them around even to the younger people.

Hopefully things will die down at work and I will be able to help in other practical ways on this case and also the other one, the Pope's Island Jane D.

So sad. I do want to help but I have a lot to learn about all this.

Bless Team Charlie!

I do want to help but I have a lot to learn about all this.

Bless Team Charlie!

One thing you will learn if you spend enough time with this is that you will run into alot of dead-ends before you find anything. It's frustrating sometimes, but it's for a worthy cause and that what keeps us going.

The 2009 phone number in the white pages for Mills Lane is also disconnected.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back