Identified! NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

Not sure. I don't speak Spanish or Portuguese. But if German, Russian, Serbian and Romanian are in our future, I'm your girl. ;)

I speak both Spanish and Portuguese if anyone needs anything involving either of those. ;)

A one piece bathing suit.

Did they seem certain that it was a bathing suit? The reason I ask is this - It makes much more sense to me that it was one of the body suit things that were so popular back then (as others brought up) and they look very much like a bathing suit - only difference is that there are typically snaps of some kind between the legs of the body suit..

Kind of like this:
http://www.macys.com/catalog/produc...Google_Feed-_-2-_-26-_-{keyword}&kw={keyword}

The bathing suit was said to be a size medium - womens bathing suits are typically sized by numbers whereas the body suit things are sized by small, medium or large.

Sorry for another post..

In regards to the bruised toe - is it possible that she was a ballet dancer? That could account for the bruise on the big toe only being one one foot due to doing "pointe" work. Heres a photo showing what I mean:

http://www.fineartsla.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/pointe.jpg

A couple other points that make me wonder if she was a ballet dancer:
Ballet dancers often wear their hair in buns.

The 'bathing suit' they think she was wearing could have been part of the ballet costume - A camisole shaper - shown here(http://www.allaboutdance.com/Capezi...th-Transition-Straps-CA3537?sc=2&category=761)

And lastly, she was underweight - at 5'5 1/2 she should weigh around 125-135 pounds but she weighed 112.

Re: punklove's post: There's no mention of underwear so Jane Doe must have been wearing the swimsuit-type garment in place of it. Most women's swimsuits have built-in bra cups or a piece of extra fabric for support around the chest area, as well as an extra layer of fabric lining at the crotch area. If there were snaps at the crotch of Jane's suit then it's unlikely it was a swimsuit. Someone speak up if you've seen one, but I've never heard of swimsuits with snaps at the bottom.

I like the ballet dancer idea; that certainly seems possible.

Good points about the dancer and the suit. Yes, that is a dancer's hairstyle. A great many dancer's leotards don't have snap crotches. And they're quite suitable as swimsuits, too. Many a time my daughter wore one for double duty in her teen years.

Re: punklove's post: There's no mention of underwear so Jane Doe must have been wearing the swimsuit-type garment in place of it. Most women's swimsuits have built-in bra cups or a piece of extra fabric for support around the chest area, as well as an extra layer of fabric lining at the crotch area. If there were snaps at the crotch of Jane's suit then it's unlikely it was a swimsuit. Someone speak up if you've seen one, but I've never heard of swimsuits with snaps at the bottom.

I like the ballet dancer idea; that certainly seems possible.

That is actually a very good point, I wish we could see what it looked like.

Im a little confused by the 'white lace bathing suit' - as you say, every bathing suit Ive ever worn (as an adult) has some sort of liner in it, not only for support but for modesty.

That leads me to this - do they really mean lace? White bathing suits are typically lined much more than a color one - the moment you hit the water n a white suit that doesnt have extra liner it becomes see through - so I cant imagine someone swimming in a white 'lace' bathing suit.

Since she was only dead for around 24 hours before she was found, should we look through the google newspaper archives for the week or so prior to her death and see if there was any sort of events going on there that would involve a someone from out of the country, or a dancer? (perhaps, if she was from Europe)

It just doesnt seem like a local, so Im wondering what events were going on in the area directly before she was killed.

That is actually a very good point, I wish we could see what it looked like.

Im a little confused by the 'white lace bathing suit' - as you say, every bathing suit Ive ever worn (as an adult) has some sort of liner in it, not only for support but for modesty.

That leads me to this - do they really mean lace? White bathing suits are typically lined much more than a color one - the moment you hit the water n a white suit that doesnt have extra liner it becomes see through - so I cant imagine someone swimming in a white 'lace' bathing suit.

Since she was only dead for around 24 hours before she was found, should we look through the google newspaper archives for the week or so prior to her death and see if there was any sort of events going on there that would involve a someone from out of the country, or a dancer? (perhaps, if she was from Europe)

It just doesnt seem like a local, so Im wondering what events were going on in the area directly before she was killed.

I will start googling. I think the sluthers have brought up several good ideas. I wonder if LE would know the difference between a bathing suit and a body suit. A dancer would make a lot of sense.

What about the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare festival? Has anyone been to that? It says they have been having it for 38 years in July.

I will start googling. I think the sluthers have brought up several good ideas. I wonder if LE would know the difference between a bathing suit and a body suit. A dancer would make a lot of sense.

They went into a lot of detail about the 'bathing' suit so I would think they would note it if there were snaps.

I dont think there is a ton of difference between a bathing suit and leotard, the material seems to be very similar but I feel strongly that its not a bathing suit, if you google "lace bathing suit" you pretty much come up with nothing other than lingerie. If you google "lace leotard" you come up with the likes of this:

http://www.wetseal.com/catalog/product.jsp?categoryId=876&productId=22308&color=null&altImageId=2

They went into a lot of detail about the 'bathing' suit so I would think they would note it if there were snaps.

I dont think there is a ton of difference between a bathing suit and leotard, the material seems to be very similar but I feel strongly that its not a bathing suit, if you google "lace bathing suit" you pretty much come up with nothing other than lingerie. If you google "lace leotard" you come up with the likes of this:

http://www.wetseal.com/catalog/product.jsp?categoryId=876&productId=22308&color=null&altImageId=2

Lace was pretty big in 1982. The trend hit a peak after Madonna released the single "Like A Virgin" late in the year, but the trend had already been in the design/production/sales pipeline for some time and Madonna took it to an extreme. I remember around about then was the very first time I saw stretch lace of the sort that so much underwear is made from nowadays. Whether the Doe's garment was sold as a bathing suit or dancewear or a bodysuit for layering, it was likely a recent purchase, within the past year.

From the description I'm also not sure whether they meant "lace" as in material with a lacy pattern, or "lace" as in "laced up" on the top or sides.

Charlie said the detectives had checked all visa overstays and Interpol and came up with nothing, indicating she may have been here illegally, if she was from Europe.

Here's another far fetched scenario: What if she was Rom? (Gypsy?) There is a Rom presence in Nevada and moreso in Northern Cali. They are famous for entering the US illegally, and also for managing to travel without documents into and around Europe. There were many Rom from Hungary leaving Europe at that time? And many of them do not fit the "stereotypical" dark look.
Just throwing it out there.

I remember back to my interview the detective kept mentioning doe network so maybe that avenue has been exhausted already.

They should get her onto namus and add more pictres of her and her clothes.

But here I am a week later still getting the brush off from the sheriff department. I'll call them again on Monday. I can't stop thinking about the foot prints leading in and out. That visual image disturbs the hell out of me.

I was looking at the newspaper drawing of her and I don't like it. Her chin is too round. Carl can you post a side by side of your composite and the Wesley Neville profile pic on doe network for comparision? I feel those are the closest representation to her actual face.

I remember back to my interview the detective kept mentioning doe network so maybe that avenue has been exhausted already.
I am very certain that she isn't in either Charley or DoeNet. I've gone through both sites with a fine-tooth comb, and so have many others.

Carl can you post a side by side of your composite and the Wesley Neville profile pic on doe network for comparision? I feel those are the closest representation to her actual face.

66764cdf-ae63-4f05-90dc-53bd6bc02213.jpg
2908714690045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Carl can you post a side by side of your composite and the Wesley Neville profile pic on doe network for comparision? I feel those are the closest representation to her actual face.

Here is Wesley Neville's side-view drawing.
2361944850045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

66764cdf-ae63-4f05-90dc-53bd6bc02213.jpg
2361944850045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

*** WARNING - AUTOPSY PICTURES BELOW ***

Firstly, please be gentle, I’m very new to this!

I’ve come across some photos of a young girl while looking at another case (Rodney Alcala) and her face made me think of the woman found in Washoe County, Nevada.

I’m not for one moment suggesting that Rodney Alcala from the other case had anything to do with this one, but, if it is the same girl, then maybe the background to the Alcala case could help in other ways, such as known locations in a timeline.

I know I’m really throwing this out there, but when I saw this young girl's picture, I thought that there was such remarkable resemblance between the two girls, especially since the Alcala photos would have been taken some years before (1970’s I’d guess) when she was much younger, probably early/mid teens.

I know my post is not hugely thought out, but I know that those with more experience might be able to do something with these or at least just discount them. As far as I am aware, the young girl in these photographs has not been identified, however, people are trying to give her a name and if it is the same girl then clearly, each case helps the other.

As a newbie I know I may be being over zealous and in a rush to post, but, I’m hoping that anything helps.

I look forward to hearing the thoughts of others.

WashoeCounty-Nevada1.jpg

WashoeCounty-Nevada2.jpg

Welcome to WS YooKay.

They do look quite similar, especially the teeth. The one thing that jumps out at me though is that the girl in the Alcala photo has blue eyes, and the UID has hazel eyes (although I've seen eye color mistaken before).

My gut impression is that they are not the same, although I can't point to anything concrete other than eye-color.

Obviously the killer wasn't Alcala, as he has been locked up since 1979, and the UID died in July 1982. If this is the same girl, she must have extraordinary bad luck, first to meet Alcala, and then another killer just as cold-blooded.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back