NY - $250m fraud against Former President Donald Trump, Trump Org., Eric, Donald Jr., Sept 2022, Trial 2 Oct 2023, #2

The sad thing is for the people of this country, his antics have worked for him for years and will continue to do so- to think how easy our court system is to manipulate. All of his miserable lying corrupt life he has done this AND IT WORKS FOR HIM!!! That is the really awful part.
BBM. That sickens me.

This country has seen how Congress can attract corrupt politicians, but all of the exposure about some SCOTUS Justices accepting but not reporting lavish gifts such as vacations and yacht cruises is very unsettling. I was glad to see the ethics bill introduced and do hope it passes.

JMO

He wants to argue that paying a *advertiser censored* star to keep quiet about their extra-marital affair is presidential official business, huh? Wild.

He paid her in Oct 2016. He took office in Jan 2017. How can he claim presidential immunity if he wasn’t even President (or even elected yet but not in office)? This makes no sense.

Last edited:
He paid her in Oct 2016. He took office in Jan 2017. How can he claim presidential immunity if he wasn’t even President (or even elected yet but not in office)? This makes no sense.
They were just discussing that issue on MSNBC- he wasn't even president ( he is so ridiculous)
As you pointed out it makes no sense--- I think the point is to delay delay delay--

Just to let you all know on your discussion of Trump's hush money charge - is on this thread:

for @crussell821 , @MyBelle , @TDoc72 & @ilovewings - :)

Updated 3/13/24

NY - $250m lawsuit New York vs. Donald J. Trump, Ivanka Trump, Donald Trump, Jr. & Eric Trump & the Trump Organization, Inc. (Allen Weisselberg & Jeffrey McConney) that was allegedly obtained through fraudulent means. – AG Letitia James. Judge Arthur F. Engoron. New York Supreme Court (Manhattan) #452564-2022
Monday, 3/11/24 - Gov’t opposition due to defendants application to stay Justice Engoron judgment pending appeal before the NY Appellate Division, First Department.

Sunday, 3/17/24 - Last day for Independent Monitor Barbara Jones to submit to the court (1) a proposed order “outlining the specific authority that she needs, and the obligations of defendants, in order to effectuate a productive and enhanced monitorship going forward,” & (2) a list of “persons who she recommended be appointed the Trump Organization’s “Independent Director of Compliance” .
Monday, 3/18/24 - @ 10am - Oral argument on defendants application to stay Justice Engoron judgment pending appeal before the NY Appellate Division, First Department; defendants replies in support also due by 10am.
Sunday, 3/24/24 - Last day for Trump to satisfy monetary judgment.

Former U.S. President Donald Trump has been ordered to pay a six-figure legal bill to a company founded by a former British spy that he unsuccessfully sued for making what his lawyer called “shocking and scandalous" false claims that harmed his reputation.
RSBM
There is only 1 person who has harmed Trump's reputation, and that is the "man" himself.

Monday, March 18th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 10am ET) – NY - New York vs. Donald J. Trump (76/now 77), Donald Trump, Jr. (45) & Eric Trump (38/now 39) & the Trump Organization, Inc. (Allen Weisselberg (75/now 76) & Jeffrey McConney) are being sued by Letitia James, the New York Attorney General, who is leading a civil investigation (which cannot result in criminal charges filed on 9/21/22) & has spent years looking at whether the company committed various acts of fraud over several decades. In the civil case, Ms. James has filed a lawsuit against Trump & two of his children accusing them of "astounding" fraud & deception.
New York is seeking $250 million in financial penalties & asked the court to ban Trump, Donald Trump Jr. & Eric Trump from serving as an officer or director in any corporation registered or licensed in New York. James also requested the court ban the former president & his business from acquiring real estate in New York or from applying for loans from any New York financial institution for five years. James's civil case accuses Trump of lying from 2011 to 2021 about asset values at the Trump Organization, as well as his own net worth, in order to obtain better terms from lenders & insurers.
Lawsuit against: Donald John Trump, Donald Trump, Jr, Eric Trump, Allen Weisselberg, Jeffrey McConney, The Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust, The Trump Organization, Inc., Trump Organization LLC, DJT Holdings LLC, DJT Holinds Managing Memer, Trump Endeavor 12 LLC, 401 North Wabash Venture LLC, Trump Old Post of Fice LLC, 40 Wall Street LLC & Seven Springs LLC.
All charges against Ivanka Trump were dismissed in June, 2023.
Bench Trial began on 10/2/23 & ended on 1/11/24 with closing arguments. Prosecutors rested their case on 11/8/23. Defense began their case on 11/13/23 & ended 12/18/23. Closing arguments were on 1/11/24.
The lawsuit’s remaining 6 counts allege similar acts of fraud (that Trump inflated his assets on statements of financial condition that he submitted to banks & insurers for personal gain).
Judge Arthur F. Engoron presiding / NY State Attorney General Leticia James & senior enforcement counsel Kevin Wallace, Defense attorney Christopher Kise & Jesus Suarez & Alina Habba for Trump, Weisselberg & the rest of the defendants for Trump Org. / Clifford Robert of Robert & Robert PLLC for Donald, Jr. & Eric.

Case & court info & Summary Judgement from 9/21/22 thru 9/28/23 & Bench Trial Day 1-48 (10/2-1/25/24) & thru 2/8/24 reference post #519 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...r-sept-2022-trial-2-oct-2023-2.695170/page-26

2/14/24 Update: Judge Engeron’s decision is due on Friday, 2/16/24.
2/16/24 Update: Trump, his eldest sons & associates have been ordered to pay $355M by a New York Judge Arthur Engoron who found them guilty of intentionally committing financial fraud over the course of a decade. Judge Engoron’s decision deals a devastating blow for the former president who had built his reputation as a successful real estate developer. Engoron barred Trump & two other executives from serving as officers or directors of any New York corporation or entity in New York for three years. His sons, Eric & Donald Trump jr, were banned for two years. In his decision Engoron said the defendants’ “fact & expert witnesses simply denied reality, and defendants failed to accept responsibility or to impose internal controls to prevent future recurrences.” Trump has denied all wrongdoing & will likely appeal the decision. Eric & Donald, Jr. ordered to pay $4M & Weisselberg to pay $1M & permanent ban in the State of New York. He also continued "the appointment of an Independent Monitor" & ordered "the installation of an Independent Director of Compliance" for the company.
Link to ruling: https://eddsa.blob.core.usgovclouda...OF_THE_STATE_OF_DECISION_AFTER_TRIAL_1688.pdf

2/22/24 Update: Trump’s letter filed by Amer - Defendants objecting to Plaintiff's propsed judgement. Ask to stay judgement. 2/22/24 update: From Hon. Arthur Engoron to Robert, Amer, Wallace, Kise, Habba, Faherty & Solomon re People vs Trump etal #452564/2022. Have failed to explain, much less justify, any basis for a stay. I am confident that the Appellate Division will protect your appellate rights.
2/23/24 Update: Judge Arthur Engoron’s signed judgment was posted to the court docket Friday, one week after he found Trump, Donald Trump Jr. & Eric Trump liable for fraud in the civil case brought by New York Attorney General Letita James. Once Trump & the others are served with the judgment, the 30-day clock for them to file an appeal starts. During that period Trump will need to put up cash or post bond to cover the $355 million & additional roughly $100 million in interest he was ordered to pay. The sons were each ordered to pay $4 million back in gains they improperly received because of the fraud. The judge also banned the Trumps from serving as officers of a business entity in New York for several years.
2/26/24 Update: Trump has appealed his $454 million New York civil fraud judgment, challenging a judge’s finding that he lied about his wealth as he grew the real estate empire that launched him to stardom & the presidency. His lawyers filed notices of appeal Monday asking the state’s mid-level appeals court to overturn Judge Arthur Engoron’s Feb. 16, 2024 verdict in Attorney General Letitia James’ lawsuit & reverse staggering penalties that threaten to wipe out Trump’s cash reserves. Trump’s lawyers wrote in court papers that they’re asking the appeals court to decide whether Engoron “committed errors of law and/or fact” & whether he abused his discretion or “acted in excess” of his jurisdiction. A notice of appeal starts the appeals process in New York. Trump’s lawyers will have an opportunity to expand on their grievances in subsequent court filings. Trump wasn’t required to pay his penalty or post a bond in order to appeal, and appealing won’t automatically halt enforcement of the judgment. has until March 25, 2024 to secure a stay, a legal mechanism pausing collection while he appeals. Trump would receive an automatic stay if he puts up money, assets or an appeal bond covering what he owes. Trump’s lawyers could also ask the appeals court to grant a stay without obtaining a bond or with a bond for a lower amount.
2/28/24 Update: Trump asked a New York appeals court on Wednesday to delay his obligation to post $454 million until his appeal of the civil fraud verdict is over. “The judgment order unprecedented & punitive disgorgement of nearly $460 million & overbroad permanent injunctive relief against Appellants in the absence of legal authority or factual support,” Trump’s attorneys wrote in the filing. Trump has less than 30 days to post the money to prevent the New York attorney general’s office from taking steps to execute the judgment, including potentially move to seize properties. It is not yet clear how he plans to cover the payment. Trump’s lawyers said in a court filing that he is prepared to post a $100 million appeal bond rather than a bond covering the full amount, which would have automatically paused enforcement.
2/28/29 Update: A New York appellate court on Wednesday denied Trump's attempt to freeze the judgment in his civil fraud case, a ruling that means, for now, that Trump is required to post a bond for hundreds of millions of dollars in the coming weeks. Judge Anil C. Singh GRANTS Trump a partial stay of $465M fraud judgment that allows him & his sons to steer the company & obtain loans to put up a bond while they appeal. Judge said he was “somewhat sympathetic” to arg Trump didn't have the cash & couldn't get a loan. Trump will still have to post a bond for the full judgment, but the industry & loan bans have been temporarily lifted. Motions hearing on 3/18/24 @ 10am.

The sad thing is for the people of this country, his antics have worked for him for years and will continue to do so- to think how easy our court system is to manipulate. All of his miserable lying corrupt life he has done this AND IT WORKS FOR HIM!!! That is the really awful part.
It will keep on working for him. I can imagine him managing to get all charges delayed. Then he will be elected President and pardon himself and his croonies. If he loses the election, I won't be surprised if he encourages his supporters to respond with violence... far worse than what happened on that fateful Jan.6.

It will keep on working for him. I can imagine him managing to get all charges delayed. Then he will be elected President and pardon himself and his croonies. If he loses the election, I won't be surprised if he encourages his supporters to respond with violence... far worse than what happened on that fateful Jan.6.
He has already said if he loses there will be a bloodbath- why doesn't he get arrested for inciting an insurrection?

Donald Trump says he can’t obtain a bond for the full amount of the judgment (~$450M, including interest) in the civil fraud case.
30 underwriters declined.

“The amount of the judgment, with interest, exceeds $464 million, and very few bonding companies will consider a bond of anything approaching that magnitude,” Trump’s lawyers wrote.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=LkIQgg7Dg2GXrJ4iSoe3tA==

Last edited:
Donald Trump says he can’t obtain a bond for the full amount of the judgment (~$450M, including interest) in the civil fraud case.
30 underwriters declined.

“The amount of the judgment, with interest, exceeds $464 million, and very few bonding companies will consider a bond of anything approaching that magnitude,” Trump’s lawyers wrote.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=LkIQgg7Dg2GXrJ4iSoe3tA==

I can not access this link provided - says security risk... is there another link? TIA!

He could sell some of his properties. It's his responsibility to post the bond, not the court's to arrange it for him.

Can the court start a property seizure process?

Fire sale on Trump properties ?

I can not access this link provided - says security risk... is there another link? TIA!
I'm not the poster who shared but I was able to open the link just fine. It is a PDF of the Defendant's filing of a Reply Memorandum in Support of a Stay Pending Appeal. Here is a link to an article containing several statements from Trumps attorneys.
---------------------------------------------------
Former President Donald Trump can’t find an insurance company to underwrite his bond to cover the massive judgment against him in the New York attorney general’s civil fraud case, his lawyers told a New York appeals court.

Trump’s attorneys said he has approached 30 underwriters to back the bond, which is due by the end of this month.

“The amount of the judgment, with interest, exceeds $464 million, and very few bonding companies will consider a bond of anything approaching that magnitude,” Trump’s lawyers wrote. (Trump himself was ordered to pay $454 million; the $464 million includes the disgorgement for his adult sons Don Jr. and Eric.)

An insurance broker, Gary Giulietti, who testified for Trump during the civil fraud trial, signed an affidavit stating that securing a bond in the full amount “is a practical impossibility.”
https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/18/politics/trump-464-million-dollar-bond/index.html

I'm not the poster who shared but I was able to open the link just fine. It is a PDF of the Defendant's filing of a Reply Memorandum in Support of a Stay Pending Appeal. Here is a link to an article containing several statements from Trumps attorneys.
---------------------------------------------------
Former President Donald Trump can’t find an insurance company to underwrite his bond to cover the massive judgment against him in the New York attorney general’s civil fraud case, his lawyers told a New York appeals court.

Trump’s attorneys said he has approached 30 underwriters to back the bond, which is due by the end of this month.

“The amount of the judgment, with interest, exceeds $464 million, and very few bonding companies will consider a bond of anything approaching that magnitude,” Trump’s lawyers wrote. (Trump himself was ordered to pay $454 million; the $464 million includes the disgorgement for his adult sons Don Jr. and Eric.)

An insurance broker, Gary Giulietti, who testified for Trump during the civil fraud trial, signed an affidavit stating that securing a bond in the full amount “is a practical impossibility.”
https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/18/politics/trump-464-million-dollar-bond/index.html

Does he really need to borrow the full amount? Does he not have any money at all, I wonder? Or is he not serious wanting to appeal, which comes with the risk that he will loose his bond. In his mind, it might be better to not appeal and just not bother paying the judgement.

I think tRump's short on working capital. He may own a lot of properties, which are likely already mortgaged to the hilt, in some instances for more than they are worth, and that "brand" he likes to talk about has value, but as far as liquidity, I suspect there is zip, zero, nada of available funds for him to put up as bond. And of course no insurance company s going to be excited about putting it all up for him. The man was found guilty of fraud in his business dealings why would they??

Ole boy is gonna have to sell an awful lot of tennis shoes to come up with that bond amount. ;)

He has already said if he loses there will be a bloodbath- why doesn't he get arrested for inciting an insurrection?
I will answer my own question: Donald Trump is in fact above the law: he gets away with everything that anybody else would be thrown in jail/prison for. I am not counting on our court system to finally give him the justice he so richly deserves: he plays the courts like a fiddle--- God forbid he should win the election.

I will answer my own question: Donald Trump is in fact above the law: he gets away with everything that anybody else would be thrown in jail/prison for. I am not counting on our court system to finally give him the justice he so richly deserves: he plays the courts like a fiddle--- God forbid he should win the election.
And I for one (and I know you are too) am over him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back