NY - $250m fraud against Former President Donald Trump, Trump Org., Eric, Donald Jr., Sept 2022, Trial 2 Oct 2023, #2

An additional article entitled “Trump must come up with the full bond amount to cover the $454 million civil fraud trial judgment, appeals court judge rules” from CNN this afternoon (by Kara Scannell and Lauren del Valle) on court’s ruling in this case:

Do I understand correctly that T can now borrow money to post the bond? Who would lend him the money, I wonder. His credit isn't all that good.

Do I understand correctly that T can now borrow money to post the bond? Who would lend him the money, I wonder. His credit isn't all that good.
Yes, I believe that to be the case (yet I am not a lawyer). And as I read the article, it seems perhaps the judge may have allowed / ‘relaxed’ the money sources such that the former president could also borrow from a NY entity. (Find that interesting if I am understanding correctly, since I had understood that going forward the prosecutors / court had indicated a possible prohibition on him, his businesses, and two sons borrowing or conducting business with NY entities?) Perhaps I am simply misunderstanding something.

Would think authorities would also be concerned and on regulatory watch about possible monies or loans from non-US or non-domestic sources as well? That would seem to be of concern due to an upcoming presidential election?

I can’t address the question about who might loan or fund the former president. But IMO the points you raise are legitimate. MOO

The cofounders of Truth Social are now suing trump. Another thing to add to his money worries.
Why does he seemingly (imo) always try to rip people off?

The co-founders of Donald Trump’s media venture sued him on Wednesday, alleging a plot to deny them a significant share in the company potentially worth hundreds of millions, according to reports.

“They actually went out and did the work, they created Truth Social, and now the beneficiary of that, Donald Trump, doesn’t want to pay.”
“Not a unique story, unfortunately,” he added.

The cofounders of Truth Social are now suing trump. Another thing to add to his money worries.

The co-founders of Donald Trump’s media venture sued him on Wednesday, alleging a plot to deny them a significant share in the company potentially worth hundreds of millions, according to reports.

“They actually went out and did the work, they created Truth Social, and now the beneficiary of that, Donald Trump, doesn’t want to pay.”

Anyone that gets ripped off by Trump has no sympathy from me--- I mean really, he has been doing this for all of his miserable lying rip-off life- that is who he is

Well, duh. Anyone with any sense wouldn’t go into business with this man. He doesn’t have an honest bone in his body. MOO

I’m so sick of hearing DT being referred to as president, and him stating he won the election. I honestly get grossed out looking at his mouth when he speaking. Imo
As soon as his face appears on my tv screen I immediately change the channel--I cannot
Look at him or hear him screaming out one lie after another

Updated 3/2/24

NY - $250m lawsuit New York vs. Donald J. Trump, Ivanka Trump, Donald Trump, Jr. & Eric Trump & the Trump Organization, Inc. (Allen Weisselberg & Jeffrey McConney) that was allegedly obtained through fraudulent means. – AG Letitia James. Judge Arthur F. Engoron. New York Supreme Court (Manhattan) #452564-2022
Monday, 3/11/24 - Gov’t opposition due to defendants application to stay Justice Engoron judgment pending appeal before the NY Appellate Division, First Department.

Sunday, 3/17/24 - Last day for Independent Monitor Barbara Jones to submit to the court (1) a proposed order “outlining the specific authority that she needs, and the obligations of defendants, in order to effectuate a productive and enhanced monitorship going forward,” & (2) a list of “persons who she recommended be appointed the Trump Organization’s “Independent Director of C9ompliance” .
Monday, 3/18/24 - @ 10am - Oral argument on defendants application to stay Justice Engoron judgment pending appeal before the NY Appellate Division, First Department; defendants replies in support also due by 10am.
Sunday, 3/24/24 - Last day for Trump to satisfy monetary judgment.

The former chief financial officer of the Trump Organization is expected to plead guilty to perjury charges on Monday related to testimony he gave in a civil investigation into the real estate company’s finances, a person familiar with the investigation said.

Allen Weisselberg, the former long-time confidant of Donald Trump, arrived at the Manhattan district attorney’s office early Monday morning. He is expected to enter his plea later in the day.

Weisselberg declined to comment. Seth Rosenberg, an attorney for Weisselberg, also declined to comment.

Weisselberg has been in plea talks with Manhattan prosecutors for several weeks relating to his testimony taken during the New York attorney general’s civil investigation into the former president in 2020 and when he testified last year, several people familiar with the investigation said.

The exact charges he will plead guilty to are not clear.

As part of the plea talks, Weisselberg is not expected to turn on Trump and will not testify against him at the criminal trial scheduled to start later this year, the people said.

In other Trump losing in court news, this time from another nation,

Former U.S. President Donald Trump has been ordered to pay a six-figure legal bill to a company founded by a former British spy that he unsuccessfully sued for making what his lawyer called “shocking and scandalous" false claims that harmed his reputation.

A London judge, who threw out the case against Orbis Business Intelligence last month saying it was “bound to fail," ordered Trump to pay legal fees of 300,000 pounds ($382,000), according to court documents released Thursday.

In other Trump losing in court news, this time from another nation,

Former U.S. President Donald Trump has been ordered to pay a six-figure legal bill to a company founded by a former British spy that he unsuccessfully sued for making what his lawyer called “shocking and scandalous" false claims that harmed his reputation.

A London judge, who threw out the case against Orbis Business Intelligence last month saying it was “bound to fail," ordered Trump to pay legal fees of 300,000 pounds ($382,000), according to court documents released Thursday.

Get in line buddy!

Here we go tying up the Supreme Court again.
The sad thing is for the people of this country, his antics have worked for him for years and will continue to do so- to think how easy our court system is to manipulate. All of his miserable lying corrupt life he has done this AND IT WORKS FOR HIM!!! That is the really awful part.

Trump is seeking adjournment in NY criminal case, claiming presidential immunity.

I believe this should be the Hush money case in New York - as it has that case # on the motion filed. I will go ahead & move this motion over to the correct thread.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back