GUILTY NY - 30 injured in Manhattan bombing, 17 Sept 2016 *Ahmad Khan Rahimi arrested*

I still find it odd that although they may not have been involved with the bombings, they opened the white trash bag and looked inside. As pilots of a major airline, they should know what various bombs look like. Why did they not call 911?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We have to remmeber they live in Egypt. It was dark - maybe in Egypt they are not used to pressure cookers. It was a decades old flip phone, they might have just thought it was garbage, had to get back to get on their flight.

I think they were clueless, walking around NY, as folks who travel, picked up a piece of free luggage and went on there way

Per this event, in flight security carry guns. I'm pretty sure they are trained as air marshalls.

23 November 1985; Egyptair 737-200; SU-AYH; flight 648; Valletta, Malta: The aircraft was on a scheduled international flight from Athens, Greece to Cairo, Egypt, when the aircraft was hijacked. A security agent exchanged gunfire with the hijackers, and in the process the fuselage was punctured and the cabin depressurized. The aircraft then diverted to Malta. After several hours of negotiations, Egyptian troops stormed the aircraft. During the ensuing battle, the three hijackers threw several hand grenades. The aircraft was severely damaged by the explosions and fire. A total of two of the six crew members, two of the three hijackers, and 56 of the 89 passengers were killed.

http://www.airsafe.com/events/airlines/egyptair.htm

Everything is about money and political. Any country can refuse to allow any carrier in their country. I would not be surprised if, in the climate we live in Western countries added a mandate that aircraft from certain regions had to "beef" up security in order to have acess to our market.

So the carriers probably did not really care who they hired just speculating.

And for the record, Egyptair has a horrible horrible track record as far as security is concerned. They really lack in background checks and security detail.

We have to remmeber they live in Egypt. It was dark - maybe in Egypt they are not used to pressure cookers. It was a decades old flip phone, they might have just thought it was garbage, had to get back to get on their flight.

I think they were clueless, walking around NY, as folks who travel, picked up a piece of free luggage and went on there way

As much as I would LOVE to believe that, it really makes no sense. Especially the sequence of events that evening.

I can only hope that our government is getting info from these two guys in exchange for protecting them.

Rahami case reveals holes in Virginia's ID system

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/r...f2d-4d16-5574-8511-247cea130f1b.html?mode=jqm

Flaws in Virginia’s ID system might have allowed terrorism suspect Ahmad Khan Rahami to buy the handgun authorities say he used to wound two police officers in a New Jersey shootout following bombings there and in New York.

Three days after launching an online shopping spree for bomb parts, according to court records, Rahami, 28, walked into a Salem gun shop, displayed two Virginia IDs and selected a 9 mm pistol, according to the store owner.

Rahami returned to complete the buy July 7, then ordered bomb components to be shipped to a New Jersey business, where he worked, according to a federal criminal complaint in that state.

Official: NY bomb suspect talking to Feds
by Kevin Johnson, USA TODAY

Oct 5 16, 1:50 am edt

[...He]

"has been responding to questions from federal investigators, allegedly indicating that at least some of the explosive devices planted across the region were assembled in the bedroom of his New Jersey home, a federal law enforcement official said Tuesday.

The information prompted a new sweep of the 28-year-old suspect's residence over the weekend as part of the continuing effort to retrace Rahami's activities prior to the Sept. 17

[...]

cooperation has been limited due to his slow recovery from wounds suffered in a shootout

[...]

Investigators were still attempting to corroborate the information the suspect has provided.

The suspect is being questioned under the public safety exception that allows investigators to question suspects about other possible threats to the public without providing Miranda warnings outlining suspects' rights."

Off Topic

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...can-system-airport-security-article-1.2815300

NEWARK — Bombing suspect Ahmad Rahami told investigators some of the explosive devices found in New Jersey and New York were made in his Elizabeth bedroom.
An unnamed federal law enforcement official told USA Today that Rahami is conscious, alert and answering questions about the explosion of a trash can in Seaside Park, a pressure cooker bomb in the Chelsea section of Manhattan and five explosives found in Elizabeth in September. He had been unable to speak with investigators following surgery for bullet wounds from his gun battle with Linden police.

Read More: Seaside Park bombing suspect Ahmad Rahami talking to feds, report says | http://nj1015.com/seaside-park-bombing-suspect-talking-to-feds-report-says/?trackback=tsmclip

Proclamation Sings the Praises of ‘Shero’ Who Saw and Said
By Tequila Minsky, added by Scott Stiffler, Chelsea Now

October 5, 2016.
with more details and images from the event

"WHEREAS: while the cookware potential is what caught Ms. Schreibman’s attention, it was her quick thinking in calling the police that helped divert another explosion—actions we hope all New Yorkers will take to heart; and

NOW, THEREFORE: We, the elected officials representing Chelsea, do hereby commend Jane Schreibman and her contributions to the City and proclaim…

Friday, September 30, 2016, is

JANE SCHREIBMAN APPRECIATION DAY

in the Borough of Manhattan"

attachment.php

Screenshot 2016-10-06 at 1.26.34 AM.png

As much as I would LOVE to believe that, it really makes no sense. Especially the sequence of events that evening. I can only hope that our government is getting info from these two guys in exchange for protecting them.
Men Who Found Bomb Were Following a New York Traditionhttp://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/03/nyregion/men-who-found-bomb-were-following-a-new-york-tradition.html

Men Who Found Bomb Were Following a New York Traditionhttp://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/03/nyregion/men-who-found-bomb-were-following-a-new-york-tradition.html

I have a beautiful little IKEA dresser (explosive-free) in the extra bedroom thanks to this tradition!

Media still carrying on about how awesome his arrest was

He was laying on a street , and got report, I dont see that as all that specuacular - somewhat amusing , while at the same time if one looks at it the other way there is a massive bomber running around , and a bartender finds him out in the open!!

Kinda silly IMO

Were you being cheap , and got the model without bombs!!

Just carefully checked through the drawers before carrying it across the street. :)

I've seen it practiced in Portland and Toronto, but I think I knew it was a New York thing after reading about a woman furnishing her entire apartment that way.

Trash nights are popular in NY ( is it not anywhere else?) BUT not for duffle bags with pressure cookers inside.

I'm not buying this insane story. It makes no sense.

Trash nights are popular in NY ( is it not anywhere else?) BUT not for duffle bags with pressure cookers inside. I'm not buying this insane story. It makes no sense.[/QUOTE

If I was walking along and saw a decent a bag, in the dark, in a hurry, off to meet people for diner, I opened it up and garbage was in inside with what appearred to be a thrown out pot ,

I am not gonna start rummaging through someones , garbage bag,, left in the middle of the street, on my way to dinner! Someone threw out a pot, that I am not carrying around the rest of evening!

I take the garbage bag out ,set it aside, go on about my night, with a free bag, as an airline emplyee who lives out a bag. We know afterwards that it had a cell phone and tape. I do not think they opened the garbage bag !

I ponder, if they were white, and worked for Delta if any of this would have even made the papers.

IMO their story makes much more sense than a city swamped with LE, which does not find a mad bomber, in daylight, sprawled out, out on a sidewalk, blocking a business door, without a call from a citizen that said someone is sleeping on my business entry way.

In fact instead of LE being given a standing oviation these two probably saved lives by removing the garbage bag from bag, jingling it, and making it easy for the lady to see it through the white bag.

On this angle we did not come up with same conclusion my dear mom! , from the minute this angle started to come out my thought was why would two more "bombers" come up to it and mess with it , it was in place !!

They grabbed a free bag, totally oblisvious they saved lives ,and went on about their evening in the big apple , with a free bag, while not hauling around someones trash throughout the evening

SImple!

Trash nights are popular in NY ( is it not anywhere else?) BUT not for duffle bags with pressure cookers inside.

I'm not buying this insane story. It makes no sense.

I agree, and bulk days are popular here in NJ, too, but anything that has a pressure cooker with wires in it is not something I'd pick up!

And .... LV knockoff, there is nothing LV about that bag and whoever is trying to push the issue is suspicious!

The bag containing the pressure cooker may have been a Louis Vuitton knockoff, officials at the Federal Bureau of Investigation have said.

link posted above.

Trash nights are popular in NY ( is it not anywhere else?) BUT not for duffle bags with pressure cookers inside. I'm not buying this insane story. It makes no sense.[/QUOTE

If I was walking along and saw a decent a bag, in the dark, in a hurry, off to meet people for diner, I opened it up and garbage was in inside with what appearred to be a thrown out pot ,

I am not gonna start rummaging through someones , garbage bag,, left in the middle of the street, on my way to dinner! Someone threw out a pot, that I am not carrying around the rest of evening!

I take the garbage bag out ,set it aside, go on about my night, with a free bag, as an airline emplyee who lives out a bag. We know afterwards that it had a cell phone and tape. I do not think they opened the garbage bag !

I ponder, if they were white, and worked for Delta if any of this would have even made the papers.

IMO their story makes much more sense than a city swamped with LE, which does not find a mad bomber, in daylight, sprawled out, out on a sidewalk, blocking a business door, without a call from a citizen that said someone is sleeping on my business entry way.

In fact instead of LE being given a standing oviation these two probably saved lives by removing the garbage bag from bag, jingling it, and making it easy for the lady to see it through the white bag.

On this angle we did not come up with same conclusion my dear mom! , from the minute this angle started to come out my thought was why would two more "bombers" come up to it and mess with it , it was in place !!

They grabbed a free bag, totally oblisvious they saved lives ,and went on about their evening in the big apple , with a free bag, while not hauling around someones trash throughout the evening

SImple!
But the thing is, they DID rumage through it. If you watch the video the one man looks in the white trash bag and is seen moving things around and even summons the other one to come closer to look.

That is what I find strange. If the cell phone and wires were visible to the lady who called it in, it was visible to them too.

Again, if they were just an ordinary citizen of Cairo, maybe I could understand them not knowing what it was. But...they are in flight Security Guards for a large airplane company EgyptAir....they have training and should know how to identify a bomb. Imo.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back