NY NY - Audrey Herron, 32, Catskill, 29 Aug 2002

Thanks for the update. I had been going through what I thought would be reasonable paths she may have driven based on the general area she was leaving/heading to. Then I started looking at areas of water that had easy car access. I did come upon this one image, and it's actually off of Paul Horn Rd., but I wasn't sure if it was just a peculiar artifact from the imaging technique the use to capture satallite images. I will attach it since it could possible-but-not-likely be related. I believe it's from 2007. What intrigued me about the property was also a large dumping area a ways back. image.png

I'm semi-local (Albany, about an hour north) and this is the first I'm hearing of this case. Granted I did not live in the area when Audrey went missing, I've been active on this forum for several years now and I'm surprised I haven't come across it before. I only just learned of the case today when I saw one of our local news stations posting a the story of the latest search on Facebook. I knew you sleuthers would be on top of it so I'm just stopping by to familiarize myself with the details. Are events still held locally for Audrey? I wouldn't mind attending.

And here it is with a handy arrow for those who may not see what my probably over active imagination is seeing. image.jpeg

Also, I can only find one pond that fits the parameters discussed in the most recent article linked. South of Vedder mountain, north of Paul Horn, and east of Cauterskill. It appears to be on a property that might be a junkyard. It's so hard to tell if some of these ponds are truly a pond or just a water runoff. But there are lots of them.

ETA: that particular pond I am talking about does not appear to have been there 3 years ago.

No evidence found as police search Catskill home for Audrey May Herron
By Mary Wilson
Published: May 17, 2016, 3:27 pm | Updated: May 18, 2016, 8:07 am

CATSKILL, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A search was called off on Tuesday in connection to the disappearance of Audrey May Herron who went missing nearly 14 years ago.

Investigators conducted an extensive search of property on Cauterskill Road in Catskill on Tuesday. They drained a pond and excavated earth. But no new evidence was found and dashed the hopes of Herron’s loved ones who are still seeking closure.

Read more:
http://news10.com/2016/05/17/police-continue-search-for-audrey-may-herron-in-catskill/

It's crazy to me that her car still has not been located. Bumping for Audrey. Praying her family finds some closure soon. Those poor kids grew up without a mom. :tears:

Bumping.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/herron_audrey.html

attachment.php

Attachments

• herron_audrey3.jpg
    herron_audrey3.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 83
  • herron_audrey4.jpg
    herron_audrey4.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 84
Family marks tragic anniversary

https://www.hudsonvalley360.com/article/family-marks-tragic-anniversary

Tuesday marked the 15th anniversary of Herron’s disappearance. In the intervening years, police have followed hundreds of leads but have not been able to solve the puzzle of what happened to Herron or how the 31-year-old woman vanished.

To show their love and support, friends and family gathered at the location in Jefferson Heights at around 7 p.m. Tuesday night to place a wreath near the bench and remembrance shrine for Herron.

Inscribed on the wreath are the words, “Always in our hearts — Never forgotten.”

TV segment on Freehold woman’s disappearance airs Friday
November 16, 2017

http://bit.ly/2hBvziT

The mystery of what happened to Audrey May Herron is set to premiere today on TV’s “Crime Watch Daily with Chris Hansen.”

Herron, a married mother of three from Freehold, disappeared without a trace in August 2002 after finishing her shift as a licensed practical nurse at the former Greene County Long-Term Care Division in Jefferson Heights in Catskill.

Investigators were also unable to find the black Jeep Cherokee she was driving that night or any other evidence that might give a clue to her whereabouts.

Fifteen years since the 31-year-old Herron’s disappearance, investigators have received thousands of tips and leads, but so far, none have provided an answer as to what happened to her...

[video=youtube;kAe58M0OTUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAe58M0OTUM[/video]
[video=youtube;aZ1qczlyb3s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ1qczlyb3s[/video]
[video=youtube;w6LjkUKtvcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6LjkUKtvcs[/video]

I've just watched these and only just learnt about Audrey all i can add is she's in some body of water with her car or her husband carried out the perfect crime.

It's very possible that her vehicle went off the road and was never found. I know that people have searched the route. It would be difficult to see a black vehicle in a densely wooded area. What would it take to search the entire route again -- maybe by air? I'd be willing to donate some money towards a new search. I'm sure others would, too.
EBM
I agree.
leep said:
I've just watched these and only just learnt about Audrey all i can add is she's in some body of water with her car or her husband carried out the perfect crime.
I'm more or less in the same place. I can't completely rule out a stalker's abducting her in her own vehicle, but if that had happened, the vehicle probably would have been found eventually. If she'd been having an affair, it probably would have been with a co-worker, and I think we'd know about it by now.

Aug 10 2018 -
New York mother Audrey May Herron still missing 16 years since disappearing after work

n August of 2002, Shirley Olmstead was driving her RV from Florida to New York with her 10-year-old granddaughter Sonsia Court. The pair were on their way home from a long vacation in the Sunshine State.

Audrey May Herron

Sonsia told Dateline that, while she’d enjoyed the vacation, she was looking forward to seeing her mother, Audrey May Herron, after being away from her for over a month. Audrey, 31 at the time, had stayed at their Catskill, New York home with Sonsia’s stepfather, Jeff, and Sonsia’s two younger half-siblings.

“While I was gone, my mom and I would talk often. If not every day, then every other day,” Sonsia told Dateline. “She was always in contact with my grandmother, and I talked to her while we drove home.”

When Shirley and her granddaughter arrived home, they went straight to Shirley’s house. Since Audrey was a full-time nurse working evenings at a nearby nursing home, it would be too late when she got off work at 11:00 p.m. to pick up here daughter, Sonsia.

“I called Audrey and she said she had a doctor’s appointment the next morning, but she would pick Sonsia up after that,” Shirley told Dateline.

But early the next morning, around 6:00 a.m., Shirley got a call from Audrey’s husband Jeff.

“Jeff called and asked if Audrey was at my house. It would not have been unusual for her to stay over with me, but normally she would call him and let him know,” Shirley said. “I said she wasn’t there, but I didn’t think anything of it. So I dozed back off.”

An hour later, Jeff called again. Audrey still hadn’t come from work, and he was concerned. Shirley says a family member who used to work in law enforcement got in touch with authorities and reported Audrey missing.
---
Senior Investigator Kusminsky told Dateline authorities conducted extensive searches involving aviation and dive crews.

“We did, basically, a nine-mile-radius foot search of every building, every road, every body of water that the car could have ended up in,” he said, referring to the 1994, Black Jeep Grand Cherokee Audrey drove to and from work. “Every asset available to us, we used.”

Audrey’s mother Shirley told Dateline there has been no activity on her daughter’s credit or debit cards since she disappeared. Senior Investigator Kusminsky added that Audrey did have a cell phone, but when they attempted to ping it, there was no connection.

“In other words, it was off or destroyed, or the battery was dead,” he explained.

Investigators say there was only one security camera that captured Audrey’s planned route home.

“We only have one grainy video from Cumberland Farms in which it appears that [Audrey’s] vehicle does leave her place of employment and basically turn left, going west on country route 23-B. That’s the last of any kind of technological evidence we had,” Senior Investigator Kusminsky said. “We can’t confirm it’s the vehicle -- but it appears to be -- because the quality of the video was very poor and very grainy, and it does appear to leave at the time she would have ended work.”
---
While they’ve had “well over one thousand leads” on this case in the sixteen years since Audrey disappeared, none of her belongings have ever been found.
----
“She has three children that have lived years and years not knowing what happened to their mom,” Shirley added. “It’s time, if anyone knew anything – and I think someone does – that they would come forward and help these children move on with their lives.”

Audrey May Herron would be 47 years old today. She is described as being 5’0” tall and weighing about 105 lbs. at the time of her disappearance. She has light brown/blonde hair and hazel eyes. She was last seen leaving work wearing dark green medical scrubs and a blue turtleneck. Her car, a 1994 Black Jeep Grand Cherokee, has never been found. If you have any information on Audrey’s whereabouts, please contact the New York State Police at (518) 622-8600.

Family believes ‘someone has to know something’ in case of missing New York mother

This case makes me think of the Foss Lake situation in Oklahoma, where six people were found in two submerged cars. The people had been missing for over forty years. The problem was that a road turned into a boat ramp more or less without warning. I wonder whether any side roads along Audrey's route led to bodies of water. It would be very easy to miss a submerged vehicle during a visual search. Audrey might easily have made a wrong turn or turned off the main road in order to make a phone call (or for any one of a multitude of possible reasons) and become submerged in her vehicle.

If Audrey didn't arrive home from work on schedule, one would expect her husband, Jeff, to call Audrey's cell phone before calling Audrey's mother. Phone records should indicate whether he did so. If he did not attempt to call Audrey's phone first, that would indicate that he knew that Audrey was permanently unreachable.

Finally, the question needs to be posed as to whether Audrey had been arriving home from work on time consistently. If she had been arriving home later than expected, that could indicate an extra-marital affair. When a husband and wife have different schedules, they often drift apart, and it is common for one or the other to stray. It would be very common for a woman working nights to become involved with a co-worker who shared her schedule. If she was having an affair but tried to end it that night, then her paramour might well have murdered her.

A final possibility is that Audrey might have been tricked by a predator posing as a stranded motorist. I wonder whether anyone noticed any cars parked on the shoulder along Audrey's route that night.

New to this case, but isn't it probably the husband?
When there's foul play, it's usually the husband or boyfriend (current, estranged, or ex-), but in this case, we don't know whether there was foul play. It would (I think) have been a challenge for the husband to get rid of her vehicle without an accomplice. If he drove a pick up truck, then it's possible he could have used his vehicle to tow hers somewhere and push it into a deep pond. If that wasn't an option (if he drove a Yugo, let's say), then he would have had to drive her car somewhere and walk home.

Around 11:00 p.m. on August 29, 2002, Audrey May Herron left work in Catskill, New York. She was supposed to pick her daughter up from her mother’s house the next day, but she never arrived. Police would later learn Audrey, 31, had never made it home from work. Neither Audrey nor her car, a 1994 black Jeep Grand Cherokee, have been seen since. Authorities suspect foul play in Audrey’s disappearance but add they don’t have evidence to prove that Audrey is either alive or dead.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmanlouie
Back