NY NY - Audrey Herron, 32, Catskill, 29 Aug 2002

I have been looking at an UID case in Massachusetts from 2005. Turns out they believe the woman was there since 2002. She was wearing a Jolie Jolie Intimates bra which I found is likely from a store in Buffalo NY, and 'Cherokee' brand pants. I decided to look at cases in NY from 2002, and came across Audrey who went missing after leaving Columbia Greene Long Term Health Care Facility. I googled around to see if I could find out what the nurse uniform might be there. Came across a company 'Medshop' that may or may not have supplied their uniform?. Medshop appears to sell a brand of pants called 'Cherokee'. Looked up Cherokee and it is a manufacturer of 'medical uniforms'.

Is this a coincidence worth further research?
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
535UFMA
Welcome to Cherokee Workwear

NOT sure if this link is on this thread but I found it and saw it had a lot of information

Cold case: Upstate New York nurse disappears into the night without a trace
Rbbm. Any chance a tow truck (or transport truck? came along and scooped up the car with Audrey in it?
"In the days after Audrey Herron went missing, New York State Police scoured every inch of the road she traveled that night.

"Nothing ever came up," said New York State Police Sgt. William Fitzmaurice. "We've probably re-searched it a dozen times just to make sure that somebody didn't miss something. Each body of water along that route, even a route that she may have taken as a detour or change for some reason."

At what point did you say this is not a typical missing-person case anymore?

"Probably a few days into it when we didn't come up with the car," said Sgt. Fitzmaurice. "That is one of the most frustrating parts and most unusual parts of this missing-person case. The majority of missing-person cases, you will come up with the car dumped somewhere or in a parking lot somewhere."

And since everyone was convinced Audrey never would've just left on her own, all signs were pointing to foul play."
"Where do you think the vehicle is?

"There's a good question," said Ron. "The only thing you can come up with with the vehicle after all this time never been found, it was either crushed, shredded, crushed, or her and the vehicle were put into a container someplace and shipped someplace."

Police do stress that until they get the right piece of evidence, nothing is off the table. But now they need the public's help.

"Probably the worst part of the case for me is not finding that car, that would at least give us another jump start into maybe where this case leads," said Sgt. Fitzmaurice. "It's a '94 Jeep Cherokee, black, it's a Grand Cherokee, it was a New York Liberty Plate and it's X233UV."

A fifteen minute drive. A fifteen-year-long mystery."

I have been looking at an UID case in Massachusetts from 2005. Turns out they believe the woman was there since 2002. She was wearing a Jolie Jolie Intimates bra which I found is likely from a store in Buffalo NY, and 'Cherokee' brand pants. I decided to look at cases in NY from 2002, and came across Audrey who went missing after leaving Columbia Greene Long Term Health Care Facility. I googled around to see if I could find out what the nurse uniform might be there. Came across a company 'Medshop' that may or may not have supplied their uniform?. Medshop appears to sell a brand of pants called 'Cherokee'. Looked up Cherokee and it is a manufacturer of 'medical uniforms'.

Is this a coincidence worth further research?
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
535UFMA
Welcome to Cherokee Workwear

I don't think the UID woman you found is white.

NBC News article from 8/10/2018. First part of article posted below and the rest at the link.

Family believes ‘someone has to know something’ in case of missing New York mother
In August of 2002, Shirley Olmstead was driving her RV from Florida to New York with her 10-year-old granddaughter Sonsia Court. The pair were on their way home from a long vacation in the Sunshine State.

Sonsia told Dateline that, while she’d enjoyed the vacation, she was looking forward to seeing her mother, Audrey May Herron, after being away from her for over a month. Audrey, 31 at the time, had stayed at their Catskill, New York home with Sonsia’s stepfather, Jeff, and Sonsia’s two younger half-siblings.

“While I was gone, my mom and I would talk often. If not every day, then every other day,” Sonsia told Dateline. “She was always in contact with my grandmother, and I talked to her while we drove home.”

When Shirley and her granddaughter arrived home, they went straight to Shirley’s house. Since Audrey was a full-time nurse working evenings at a nearby nursing home, it would be too late when she got off work at 11:00 p.m. to pick up here daughter, Sonsia.

“I called Audrey and she said she had a doctor’s appointment the next morning, but she would pick Sonsia up after that,” Shirley told Dateline.

But early the next morning, around 6:00 a.m., Shirley got a call from Audrey’s husband Jeff.

“Jeff called and asked if Audrey was at my house. It would not have been unusual for her to stay over with me, but normally she would call him and let him know,” Shirley said. “I said she wasn’t there, but I didn’t think anything of it. So I dozed back off.”

An hour later, Jeff called again. Audrey still hadn’t come from work, and he was concerned. Shirley says a family member who used to work in law enforcement got in touch with authorities and reported Audrey missing.

Yes, that is almost certainly not Audrey.
Just imo, given how varied recreations can be for the very same Doe, and evidenced by how different many of the recreations ended up being to the actual person in many many solved cases, writing a comparison off due to the visual comparison alone is probably one of the worst things you can do when trying to solve these cold cases,

Just imo, given how varied recreations can be for the very same Doe, and evidenced by how different many of the recreations ended up being to the actual person in many many solved cases, writing a comparison off due to the visual comparison alone is probably one of the worst things you can do when trying to solve these cold cases,
I zoomed in on the faces of Audrey’s family members in the photos on the links I posted. I don’t see the bone structure of the UID lady being the same as Audrey. I think the eye socket bones are too pronounced and the bridge of the nose too wide. It’s always possible the recreation is off of course like you mentioned. The UID lady appears biracial possibly German / African. Do you know if they used DNA to build the recreation? Audrey appears more English/Irish. Just my thoughts tho.

I'm just looking at the NamUs listing which describes the Jane Doe as "Race/Ethnicity: Other."

Around 11 p.m. on August 29, 2002, Audrey May Herron left work in Catskill, New York. She was supposed to pick her daughter up from her mother’s house the next day, but she never arrived. Police would later learn Audrey, 31, had never made it home from work. Neither Audrey nor her car, a 1994 black Jeep Grand Cherokee, have been seen since.

Authorities suspect foul play in Audrey’s disappearance, but add they don’t have evidence to prove that Audrey is either alive or dead.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

audrey_may_herron_12e55981a385ba1c25bf6a4f27cddd6e.fit-360w.png

This case makes me think of the Foss Lake situation in Oklahoma, where six people were found in two submerged cars. The people had been missing for over forty years. The problem was that a road turned into a boat ramp more or less without warning. I wonder whether any side roads along Audrey's route led to bodies of water. It would be very easy to miss a submerged vehicle during a visual search. Audrey might easily have made a wrong turn or turned off the main road in order to make a phone call (or for any one of a multitude of possible reasons) and become submerged in her vehicle.

If Audrey didn't arrive home from work on schedule, one would expect her husband, Jeff, to call Audrey's cell phone before calling Audrey's mother. Phone records should indicate whether he did so. If he did not attempt to call Audrey's phone first, that would indicate that he knew that Audrey was permanently unreachable.

Finally, the question needs to be posed as to whether Audrey had been arriving home from work on time consistently. If she had been arriving home later than expected, that could indicate an extra-marital affair. When a husband and wife have different schedules, they often drift apart, and it is common for one or the other to stray. It would be very common for a woman working nights to become involved with a co-worker who shared her schedule. If she was having an affair but tried to end it that night, then her paramour might well have murdered her.

A final possibility is that Audrey might have been tricked by a predator posing as a stranded motorist. I wonder whether anyone noticed any cars parked on the shoulder along Audrey's route that night.

I think this is an excellent summary of all the different possibilities in this case.

I feel like that by this point, LE would've researched phone records, and Jeff hadn't called Audrey first, we would know about it. Then again, could this be part of the reason they wanted him to take a second lie detector test?

The "accidental submersion in a lake" theory makes the strongest sense to me, though. According to the Doe Network, "the night she vanished, it was raining and foggy." I'm sure the route was familiar to her, but anything can happen in rain and fog. That would explain why her car hasn't been found, and why nothing substantial has come up in 17 years.

I really hope there are answers soon!

I think this is an excellent summary of all the different possibilities in this case.

I feel like that by this point, LE would've researched phone records, and Jeff hadn't called Audrey first, we would know about it. Then again, could this be part of the reason they wanted him to take a second lie detector test?

The "accidental submersion in a lake" theory makes the strongest sense to me, though. According to the Doe Network, "the night she vanished, it was raining and foggy." I'm sure the route was familiar to her, but anything can happen in rain and fog. That would explain why her car hasn't been found, and why nothing substantial has come up in 17 years.

I really hope there are answers soon!
Maybe going on Google Earth and scanning the route? Perhaps there are some lakes, ponds, etc. that are not too deep. They may show something in an aerial view.

Maybe going on Google Earth and scanning the route? Perhaps there are some lakes, ponds, etc. that are not too deep. They may show something in an aerial view.
A very small pond can hide a car. Cars have been lost for years in tiny retention ponds on farms. Moreover, a car down in the muck might be completely invisible even from an aerial view directly above.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back