NY NY - Audrey Herron, 32, Catskill, 29 Aug 2002

Hello All:

The Montel Show w/ Sylvia Brown did not air yeaterday...It is in fact airing next Wednesday, September 17, 2003. You can check listing of airtimes for your area on Montels site: http://www.montelshow.com/featured_promo/index.htm

We recieved the call today. We are hoping with the airing of the show it will lead to more attention to Audrey's case.
Sylvia did not give us much insight as to what happened to Audrey. I hope those able to watch will post their comments here as well as on Audrey's site.

I'll be watching hon, and I'll make sure to bump this thread up when we get close. I really wish you all the best!

Bump, Audrey's story will be on Montel this morning.

Searching for Audrey, WOW! They just went to commercial during Audrey's segment. You guys are seizing this opportunity. Rock on, everyone should be blessed with friends like you.

Sylvia thinks there were two people involved in Audrey's murder - she said Audrey is no longer alive. She said the two people bumped her vehicle from behind on purpose when Audrey turned right on the side road to home, just 12 miles from her work. She said Audrey got out of her vehicle when she was bumped and walked back to their vehicle - a blue van, the woman held a gun on her, Sylvia said she was killed by a gunshot and the man hid Audrey's car. Sylvia said it has been stripped down and is gone. She said the woman thought Audrey was messing around with her man and that Audrey knew her, the woman was wearing a flowered hat. She said the woman has a police record. She said Audrey's body is close by where the crime was committed, she died that night and she is by or in a pond.

Searching for Audrey, was Jeff at the wedding Audrey was in shortly before she went missing? Was it a big reception?

Could this person have come into contact with Audrey at the wedding, somehow connected to that, maybe the reference to the flowered hat.

I think I owe a public apology to Searching for Audrey. Audrey is loved dearly by her friends and family, obviously. They maintain hope that Audrey is alive, as they should. I think Sylvia's 'thoughts' have hurt them and I greatly apologize for contributing to that.

Mindy,

Please do not apologize. You are & have not offended anyone to my knowledge. Everyone asks, talks & states many of the things that you have. Everyone is looking for an answer.
Hopefully with the buzz from Montel we will smoke out those responsible for this nightmare.
In answer to your questions: Jeff was with Audrey at my wedding & yes we anylized the guest list but no, there was nothing connecting. There are so many people asking the very same questions & desperately searching for any clues. There just are not any, yet. That is the toughest part of this for many of us. You just don't take a person, much less, their vehicle & make it disappear- Something happened & someone knows something.

As for Montel Update for Doyle & others....

(Posted by me the day of the show on Court TV Message Boards)

Today's airing of Audrey's story was long awaited for all of us. It was a chore to even get there...

There are so many things that run through your head when you are given the chance to say or ask something about Audrey that will be publically aired, seen or read about. Watching today's show was like that again. So many things you wish you had said or asked...

My opinion of Sylvia? Well, I am a believer of the gift given to her & others like her but for us & Audrey she was no help. She has solved a few cases and has a very large fan club to which lead us to her in the first place. But a very wise man, Doug Lyall, father to the missing Albany Collge Student, Suzanne Gloria Lyall...
You can talk to many of them & be taken on many a wild goose chase if you choose to but, that is really what they are...goose chases, that can put you on an emotional roller coaster. We have talked to several & each one has a different theory...If we chose to believe each one we would literally go insane.

Do I believe what she said? No. None of it. I, as well as Audrey's father, step-mom & Corrina all feel as though everything she said was too far from being anywhere near what could have happened to her. When I asked her about the flowered hat it was in reference to another scenario given to us that involved a man & woman- I made the mistake of giving information to her, which you are not supposed to do. She is supposed to give you information.

I know that Sylvia is well known by thousands & that Montel swears by her as do many of us...but in this case she did not give us anything of use to bring us any closer to finding Audrey. I feel as though I asked her too many questions & she could not keep her story straight. One minute Audrey did not know her supposed murderers, the next she did. Her Jeep is in a "Chop Shop"- really, you think so? For everything I asked, I was given a "quick" response that meant nothing & had no relevance to her. The only thing that made any sense was the 3 roads to the right...if you want to believe in something bad enough you can connect anything she said to it. Is the possibility of the scenario something that could have taken place? Not in my eyes. Anyone who knew Audrey would not ever "think" she was having an affair with her husband...if that were the case why would this woman go to that extreme without confronting Audrey in someway before taking an extreme measure like murder? Would you? I think if this happened there would be evidence of some kind. I/We have looked for Audrey in all possible places surrounding the area...I do believe that Sylvia is right in saying that she is near here. I feel most times that she is where we have already looked but it is very hard to get a search done without just cause as to why you want that area searched. If that were the case I would have every man, woman & child, shoulder to shoulder covering every inch of the earth until we found her. It is just not done like that. I believe the police or even the hunters would have found something if she was just murdered spur of the moment like that.

I am very glad to have had the opportunity to talk to Sylvia about Audrey, please don't get me wrong, but she really just did not do much for the case. Maybe like you said, things take time- maybe if we are fortunate enough to find her, we will look back & compare to see if she was right about any of it. For now, I must say- I did not take stock in much of anything she said. I feel as though she felt that I didn't...That is why she moved on so quickly to the next guest.

We accomplished a big part of what is just the tip of the iceberg for a family who is searching for a missing loved one...National air time for her face & story. It has taken a lot to get here & it will take a lot more to get to the next one if we are fortunate enough to get someone else to air her story. I am hoping that with the airing of Montel it will further us in our journey to find answers & that someone who knows something...anything...comes forward.

I hope that I have answered any questions & I apologize for running on...Today was a hard day for me & many of Audrey's family & friends who have long awaited the program to air. My heart is a little heavier now though because when Sylvia stated that Audrey was dead & the manner to which she supposedly died...well, my heart relived that moment again. It makes it hard to keep hope both with the time that has passed with no word & the lack of knowing anything to get us closer to finding her.
I just want closure. I need to know what happened to her. I miss her.

It is an awful feeling...the not-knowing.

I will forever search for my friend, Audrey....Marie

Hi Searching for Audrey,

This has really intrigued me. I see there is a lake/river pretty close by. Has this area been searched? Is there any new information on this case?

I've read one account where it says the authorities were not notified until 9:00 am and another that said 6:00 am. Do you know which one is correct?

Did her husband not wait up for her. It seems if she was home by 11:30 pm then it is not that late.

Was her husband having an affair? How was their marriage? How does he behave now a year later? How did he behave at the candlelight vigil?

What is your opinion?

I feel very sorry for all family and friends and will keep all in my prayers.

Originally posted by turbosleuthing
Hi Searching for Audrey,

This has really intrigued me. I see there is a lake/river pretty close by. Has this area been searched? Is there any new information on this case?

>>>>There are many lakes & ponds throughout the area as well as the Hudson River very near by where Audrey worked. Divers were sent out about 3-4 weeks after she disappeared. Nothing was found but I do not believe they were searched very well, especially the Hudson River. From what I was told they searched parts of the water areas that were drivable, meaning that a car could drive in that area.

I've read one account where it says the authorities were not notified until 9:00 am and another that said 6:00 am. Do you know which one is correct?

>>>I am not sure where you retrieved your times from but this is the correct time frame...The authorities were not called until Jeff, Audrey's husband, called her father, Ray & his wife Jeanne on Friday morning at approximately 9:00 a.m. Jeanne was the one who made the initial call to them. Jeff called the hospital at approximately 6:00 a.m. Friday morning to see if Audrey had left work the night prior. They told him at that time that she left at 11:00 p.m. Why he waited to call is unknown.

Did her husband not wait up for her. It seems if she was home by 11:30 pm then it is not that late.

>>>>To my knowledge, Audrey called home to Jeff at approximately 9:30 p.m. Thursday night to tell him about a long awaited raise she recieved. By all accounts of the nurses who worked with her that evening, Audrey was in good spirits. Whether Jeff was in the habit of waiting up for her? I cannot answer that.

Was her husband having an affair?

>>>>Not that anyone knows & in my eyes I would not thinks so, he loved Audrey.

How was their marriage?

>>>>For me & what I saw of them both, their marriage was good. They just moved into their new house to which Jeff built himself. It is a beautiful home & Audrey was doing alot to furnish it & very happy to finally be in it.

How does he behave now a year later?

>>>>For me that is a hard question to answer. I thought Jeff loved Audrey so very much, still do. But it has been a very odd year. Jeff is not active like one would think he should be in the search & stays very much to himself & his family. From what I understand it is because of the two little ones. He is trying to shelter them. I cannot understand it. It breaks my heart & his actions have lead many to believe he may be guilty. I do not keep in close contact with him like I did the first weeks. I just do not know what to say to him. When I do talk to him he is very cold, withdrawn & seemingly ignorant to everything going on around him. I do not know how to help him nor do I want to at times because of it but he is Audrey's husband & until there is evidence to prove otherwise he is innocent & I will continue to search for her without him. Who knows, they say tragedies such as this are dealt with in different ways by evryone. What we think he should be doing he may not be capable of emotionally. I try very hard not to suggest any thing on his part. I want to focus on her & the vehicle. It maddens me to think that many have just stopped at him & choose not to look any further. What if he is not guilty? And until it is proven otherwise he is not.

How did he behave at the candlelight vigil?

>>>>As I said before, he is cold & withdrawn. I spoke to him even though we are not on the best of terms from all of this turmoil. I cannot say much else more but I will tell you he did not shed a tear & for that I felt fear & anger towards him.

What is your opinion?

>>>> I have said it numerous times...In my heart of hearts I just cannot see Jeff harming Audrey, he loved her to death in my eyes...With rumor & speculation it makes it hard, for you need someone to blame...I have not crossed over that line...yet. He should be doing more but it is not mine nor anyone else's place to judge his actions. Who knows how they would react in his situation. It does not make him guilty. I wish he would voice more his wishes to find her if indeed he does wish it.

I feel very sorry for all family and friends and will keep all in my prayers.

>>>>Thank you for your prayers & I hope I have answered a few of your questions for you. It has been a long year...I just want to find her & bring her home. I miss her terribly & to see the heartache in her fathers eyes & to know her mother is so very much lost without her...& the children...no words can say how muy heart breaks a little bit each time for all of them as each day goes by with still no word.
:dontknow:

Searching for Audrey, you can hire your own diver's. Contact the guys at this website, email them, some even do it on a volunteer basis. They go down and look, videotape and forward any info then to Law Enforcement.

First try here:
http://www.urbandivers.org/

Also this one, you can email them and get info on who they might know that can do it, if they can't themselves. There is a strong network amongst Certified Divers:

http://www.champlaindivers.com/index.html

Thanks Mindy:

I e-mailed both of them. Maybe we will get a response. The waters are an area that were not well searched in my opinion. If we could get them searched further...Thanks for the tip.

Searching for Audrey, I really think the time is NOW, before winter comes again. I'd do anything to help you guys and especially Audrey, to get her back home.

Who controls how the donated money is used - whether some could be used for new searches in the water?

Audrey's Reward/Donation Fund was intially created by myself & Corrina in hopes that a reward offer would help to bring forth anyone with answers or clues. Since it's inception we have raised over $17,000.00. It has been stipulated by Audrey's father that in 3 years, if nothing is found, the monies remaining will go to her 3 children. He is the controlling factor of how the money is used.

We in fact, purchased a billboard campaign from the monies raised back in April of this year & were going to look further into other possibilities of what we could do to help locate her but due to such different opinions by Audrey's family we have chosen not to use any of the monies toward anything else. Any fundraisers we do are stricltly paid for from sponsors & those of us willing, out of our own pocket.

The reward stands at 15,000.00. Recently, we were contacted by a Private Investigative Company that is willing to work for that reward. We are hoping that they find something to help. As for using the monies for a new water search, I just don't think that is possible. I wish at times it were but it is not.

Audrey's son Quinn will turn 3 tomorrow. He needs his Mommy.

Audrey's 33rd birthday is on Saturday.

Please say a prayer for both of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph