Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do notice similarities. Especially the curly hair and frame of the face. Awfully far to travel from Mexico to NY though but you never know. I wish it gave more info as to what month she vanished.

Being from mexico would explain the tan. Cali's page at NYmissing talks about how she could have possibly been involved with a drug dealer, so she could be from one of the drug ridden areas of Mexico or what not. The faces to me resemble each other.

Her hair tells me she can't be the same girl though. Monica Castillo's hair is too dark to put highlights in and get the results that the Jane Doe had. It is possible though.

2sisters said:
Being from mexico would explain the tan. Cali's page at NYmissing talks about how she could have possibly been involved with a drug dealer, so she could be from one of the drug ridden areas of Mexico or what not. The faces to me resemble each other.

Her hair tells me she can't be the same girl though. Monica Castillo's hair is too dark to put highlights in and get the results that the Jane Doe had. It is possible though.
they do look similar in this picture.
which i believe is a picture of her from the morgue :(

http://www.nysheriffs.org/missing_persons.htm

scroll down- you'll see her.

the hair also does not appear to be all that frosted in this picture. it could really be the same person.

how could there be a 3 inch difference in height?

unless the people who reported her missing from mexico didn't know her exact height??? that's the only logical explanation right???

And why isn't there more information about the missing mexican girl??
I don't speak spanish!!!-- if I called them I would definitely need to speak spanish wouldn't I???

It's possible...but I doubt it's the same person. Not just the height, but the shape of the face. If you compare the actual autopsy photo, not the retouched version, the shape of the face is different, and the hair type seems to be different. Monica's hair is much thicker and darker. Can't really compare the hairlines.

Just a caveat: this site has some disturbing images, and I apologize for that, but it's one of the few places that features an unretouched photo of Cali.

Autopsy photo link: http://id-wanted.org/description.asp?caseNum=U-0247

Just my opinion, of course. It's certainly worth following up on...

I agree that there are some similarites, but there is just too little information to base any theory on. The girl in the autopsey photo seems younger and thinner in the face than the missing Mexican girl. A three inch difference in height might not be that much if one or both were only rough estimations.

The total lack of dental care might indeed indicate someone from a poor background - possibly from Mexico.

The write up mentions an Indian Bracelet, but I have only seen photos of the Necklace (silver and turquoise) and the two heart and key charms. Is there a link to a photo of the bracelet? How about photos of her clothing?

Thanks for the link Fronkensteen. It certainly helps to have an untouched version of the picture. She looks so young and beautiful. It is heartbreaking. It is hard to tell in the picture but her hair does look different, as well as, the fact that her face looks more heart shaped and there is a definite difference in the noses. I think that she (Cali) was in her mid to late teens. Monica looks older to me. Maybe in her early to mid-twenties. I can't believe that there is such little information on her.

Does anyone know how I can find a schedule for races (I don't know how long NASCAR has been around) that were held in '79? The jacket may or may not be a big clue. I know that some people are like NASCAR "groupies" (for the lack of a better word). She could have followed the circuit around the states for awhile (or was following a boyfriend that was big into it). It would be interesting if there were any races in the Florida region or somewhere in the South a few weeks before her murder. Mullins, you mentioned the Daytona 500. Do you know what day it was held in 1979? Is it held at the same place every year? Fronkensteen, you mentioned the Grand Prix was held in Watkins Glen just two days before the murder. I would be interested to see any media reports of that particular race. Especially pictures. I will search and see what I can find. Unfortunately, time is not on her side. It has been so long...I pray for justice for this angel.

Jenn said:
Thanks for the link Fronkensteen. It certainly helps to have an untouched version of the picture. She looks so young and beautiful. It is heartbreaking. It is hard to tell in the picture but her hair does look different, as well as, the fact that her face looks more heart shaped and there is a definite difference in the noses. I think that she (Cali) was in her mid to late teens. Monica looks older to me. Maybe in her early to mid-twenties. I can't believe that there is such little information on her.

Does anyone know how I can find a schedule for races (I don't know how long NASCAR has been around) that were held in '79? The jacket may or may not be a big clue. I know that some people are like NASCAR "groupies" (for the lack of a better word). She could have followed the circuit around the states for awhile (or was following a boyfriend that was big into it). It would be interesting if there were any races in the Florida region or somewhere in the South a few weeks before her murder. Mullins, you mentioned the Daytona 500. Do you know what day it was held in 1979? Is it held at the same place every year? Fronkensteen, you mentioned the Grand Prix was held in Watkins Glen just two days before the murder. I would be interested to see any media reports of that particular race. Especially pictures. I will search and see what I can find. Unfortunately, time is not on her side. It has been so long...I pray for justice for this angel.
Thanks for your post. I too am intrigued by the possibility that she and her killer were following the racing circuit. I wonder if those particular jackets were handed out at the Watkins Glen event.

The 1979 Daytona 500 was held on February 18th.

Here are a couple of sites about the 1979 Watkins Glen race: http://www.gpracing.net192.com/races/reports/328.cfm
http://www.grandprix.com/gpe/rr328.html
http://f1-facts.com/results/race/1979/Watkins_Glen

I've searched for photos taken of the crowd that day, but have not as yet found anything useful.

Fronkensteen said:
Thanks for your post. I too am intrigued by the possibility that she and her killer were following the racing circuit. I wonder if those particular jackets were handed out at the Watkins Glen event.

The 1979 Daytona 500 was held on February 18th.

Here are a couple of sites about the 1979 Watkins Glen race: http://www.gpracing.net192.com/races/reports/328.cfm
http://www.grandprix.com/gpe/rr328.html
http://f1-facts.com/results/race/1979/Watkins_Glen

I've searched for photos taken of the crowd that day, but have not as yet found anything useful.
You make an excellent point about the jacket. From the looks of it, it appears that Cali was living a somewhat transient lifestyle. Knowing that she had recently been staying somewhere warm and sunny, then suddenly finds herself in the colder climate of NY in the fall, it is very likely that she wasn't prepared (clothing wise) for this shift in temperature and likely either bummed the jacket from someone or purchased it from the area (or event) in which she had traveled to. Most likely, especially if she had only been in NY briefly (as I suspect because tan lines fade quickly if not in the sun regularly), this jacket is possibly from one of the last places she visited before her death. However, if she was a hitchhiker (as per the truck driver who says he picked her up) she could have easily borrowed it from any number of persons she encountered along the way. I am also curious about the waitress that reported seeing her the night before her death. Does anyone know the name of restaurant? Is it along major highways or high-traffic trucking areas?

Is it normal for a girl in Mexico to have two last names if she is not married?

Monica Gonzalez Castillo

To me that sounds like two last names..

Also- why isn't there more information on her? If she was reported missing by someone you would think they would have her birthdate and the day and circumstances of her disapperance.

Fronkensteen said:
Do you have details on this individual on death row?

It's interesting to note that the Watkins Glen U.S. Grand Prix was held on October 7th, 1979, 2 days before her body was discovered in the field. She was wearing a man's racing-themed jacket. Watkins Glen is roughly 2-2 1/2 hours southeast of Caledonia. She had recently spent some time in a sunny climate, based on the fact that her skin was tanned. Just a thought.

Serial murderer Christopher Wilder was considered a possible suspect in this case. He was into racing, and was known to have been in the area at the time. He was killed by police before anyone had a chance to question him about this case.
Her body was discovered on Nov 9th, with her being killed on Nov 8th. The Watkins glad us grand prix was on Oct 7th.

Hello everyone :)

Just spoke with a very nice detective that will look into our thoughts about Jane Doe !!

Maybe it will lead to her identification!

thanks
sharon

sharon25 said:
Is it normal for a girl in Mexico to have two last names if she is not married?

Monica Gonzalez Castillo

To me that sounds like two last names..

Also- why isn't there more information on her? If she was reported missing by someone you would think they would have her birthdate and the day and circumstances of her disapperance.
I had a friend in high school who was from Peru. They do have two last names (unmarried). It is something like the use the fathers last name and the mothers maiden name. My friend had a different last name from her mother even though her parents were never divorced.

sharon25 said:
Hello everyone :)

Just spoke with a very nice detective that will look into our thoughts about Jane Doe !!

Maybe it will lead to her identification!

thanks
sharon
Very interesting! Keep us posted!!!!

sharon25 said:
Her body was discovered on Nov 9th, with her being killed on Nov 8th. The Watkins glad us grand prix was on Oct 7th.
You're right. Thanks for the correction! I need a vacation...:doh:

Mullins said:
http://www.racingarchives.org/collections/PROGRAMSbydate.htm

Here's a list I've been using. I still think checking into the racing circuit might be worth a look....
I informed him of the two different ideas.
He knows how to reach me.
Also if anyone thinks that they have more clues or information
feel free to post it or sent it to me.
He told me to e-mail him anytime with any information.
I think they would really love to at least ID this girl as well.

It just amazes me how people could just go missing
and some people don't even notice.

i have a theory on the jacket.. didnt someone post that they le or someone looked into the jackets and were told they were like one shot gimmicks like freebees or like sold one time only.. does the company at least know where they sent the jackets out to ex companys, maybe they were offerd on a cereal box. could u get them at a nasscar event? i know it was mentioned that it was hard to track them down i think beacuse they were not sold or something. they have to at least know what places got the jackets. what companys they sent them to im sure they have a record somewhere or someone knows something about those jackets did anyone try and do a search on them. worth looking into

I've been looking around the web
and found some of these to be interesting
it's hard to tell though.

Tel me what you think

Megan Emmerick 17 years old
http://www.dps.state.ak.us/ast/cib/graphics/Emerick.jpg

also- when they say that this Jane Doe has no distinguising marks- that means she doesn't have a birthmark- moles- or scars right? or tattoo's

also- Bonita Bickwit bares some resemblence as well. I'm sure she was ruled out since she was traveling to the Watkins Glen area for a concert with her boyfriend.

sharon

i thought i read somewhere that she was thought to be of the green river or bundy killings i could be wrong i also think someone mention on the doe guest book that she resembled a jane doe or something. we cant rule anything out. also im going to check on the jacket theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther