Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks I am one of the LE's working this Jane Doe case. We will look at any information that we get and try to develop leads. Feel free to e- mail me with any thoughts or ideas. We have explored most of the thoughts that have been mentioned here, but we still need that one bit of information that can help identify her.

Welcome to WS! Glad to have you here!

Do you have any current theories? Mullins mentioned that there are similarities with this murder and a convict currently serving a sentence for other murders by the name of Roy Clifton Swafford. Has he been ruled out as a suspect?

Sgt Smith said:
Hi folks I am one of the LE's working this Jane Doe case. We will look at any information that we get and try to develop leads. Feel free to e- mail me with any thoughts or ideas. We have explored most of the thoughts that have been mentioned here, but we still need that one bit of information that can help identify her.
Welcome!! Glad to see that you finally signed up :)

-He's the real deal you guys :)

Did she have pierced ears?
The description of her does not say.
Also- when it said she had no identifying marks,
does that mean no scars?? no birthmarks??

The thing about missing persons, especially with her age,
is that she could've been a runaway- and not reported right away..
or never at all??

Also- I'm 25, but I look about 18- this could be the case for her as well.
couldn't they tell by x-rays of her bones just how old
she is? or at least if she had reached adulthood yet?

Also- I was searching through the different states
missing persons clearinghouse. Is there a more
consolidated place of missing persons?

if these questions have been answered elsewhere I'm sorry :)

mere said:
I'm sure the doenetwork has been researched completely, don't you think?
And I went through www.ncmec.org and did a search for females between the age of 10 and 25 with brown eyes who were reported missing from 1970-1980
and the few that I thought looked remotely similar- or didn't have any scars that would identify them, I mentioned here.

I didn't put brown hair in the search because that's more likely
to be subject to personal interpretation (sp?)

She looks so young and innocent!! She deserves to have at least a name, and Justice. But at this point I'll at least settle for a name.

I've also tried looking through Canada's missing persons websites- and I have to tell you, what I've found so far isn't well organized.
Any help on that would be great.

Mexico doesn't really have a nice missing persons website... so I hope she's not from there! We may never find out who she is then!

*** Also- That person's website that has nicknamed her "Cali" he had this theory about some drug related thing down in florida I believe. Anyhow- I tried to e-mail him, because he thought that our Jane Doe in question could've testified at a trial. This could easily be clarified if I could get ahold of him or at the very least find out the dates and place of the trial.
http://www.nymissing.com/modules/tinycontent0/index.php?id=6

He has some facts wrong on some of the pages, might just be a mix up.
Also- why would the LE allow (if they did) crime scene photos to be published??? I understand publishing her picture. but the actual photos of the crime scene?!!

Thanks for reading this long post

Sgt Smith said:

Welcome, I hope someone here is able to give you new ideas. I understand that you are limited in the info that you are able to give out, but please feel free to correct any info you see here that is incorrect. We get most of our info from news sources (and occ from neighbors or such if available). Any info you can give out, can be tossed in with what is known and used to open other avenues of search. Otherwise, we need to keep in mind that you have limitations too.
I just wanted you to know that you have gotten into a good, intelligent group of volunteers who will be willing to help in any way possible. So welcome to WS!

sharon25 said:
Is it normal for a girl in Mexico to have two last names if she is not married?

Monica Gonzalez Castillo

To me that sounds like two last names..

Also- why isn't there more information on her? If she was reported missing by someone you would think they would have her birthdate and the day and circumstances of her disapperance.
It is the custom of most South and Central American Countries, and probably of Mexico as well, for a child to have two "last names". The first "last name" is usually the father's last name, and the second of the two names is usually the mother's maiden name. This is not always the case, however. If no father is listed on a birth registration, then the two last names could be the same as the mother's. There are some who have only one last name, and it might be either the father's or the mother's.

When adopting a child from Colombia (South America), the birth registration is changed and the new certificate will - by Colombian law - have two last names; the adoptive father's last name, followed by the adoptive mother's maiden name. This often leads to confusion in the US, because of our practice of normally recognizing only one last name. Often, a person will be registered under his or her "second" last name.

Looking someone up in a Bogota phone book can be an interesting chore. You have to look up the "first" last name, then the "second" last name, and then look for the given name that the person usually goes by - and that could be a first OR second given name!

i went to google i went to yahoo i went to excite, looking for info on auto sports inc. I even did auto sports inc 1970s, auto sports inc jackets.. and i came up with nothing all i got was a bunch of websites that had nothing to do with auto sports inc.. does ayone know anything about the company and if they are still around?

*** Also- That person's website that has nicknamed her "Cali" he had this theory about some drug related thing down in florida I believe. Anyhow- I tried to e-mail him, because he thought that our Jane Doe in question could've testified at a trial. This could easily be clarified if I could get ahold of him or at the very least find out the dates and place of the trial.
http://www.nymissing.com/modules/tinycontent0/index.php?id=6

He has some facts wrong on some of the pages, might just be a mix up.
Also- why would the LE allow (if they did) crime scene photos to be published??? I understand publishing her picture. but the actual photos of the crime scene?!!
[/QUOTE]
Hello, I am the webmaster of www.nymissing.com.

-The images of the crime scene were published in a early 80's edition of a detective magazine(as noted on the page). It was common for those types of magazines to have various crime scene photo's on the cases.

-The only information I have on the identity of the drug dealer & the trial were from the same article.

-The local info is from hand searching local newspaper archives
(I live in the area).

-The information on Christopher Wilder not being in NY in Nov of 1979 is from reasearching his locations/crimes. As far as I can tell, he was in florida at the time. He did travel frequently for racing, but all racing in Western NY was done for the season several weeks before her death.

-The information on the promo jacket she was found wearing was from a news article or the magazine (would have to dig to see which).

-The information about the order of the wounds, the witnesses who claim to have see her just prior to her death were also from published articles.

Information on this case (7 pages) starts at http://www.nymissing.com/modules/tinycontent0/index.php?id=1

Some information came from other sources thru-out the years I have researched this case. My initial interest in her was during my search for a cousin who I started searching for (no contact since 1979).

If you need to contact me, feel free to at owner@nymissing.com or nymissing@earthlink.net I will be more than happy to post any of your ideas on the case on my site.

-The information on Christopher Wilder not being in NY in Nov of 1979 is from reasearching his locations/crimes. As far as I can tell, he was in florida at the time. He did travel frequently for racing, but all racing in Western NY was done for the season several weeks before her death.-

This jives with what I know about Wilder as well. He was certainly living in South Fla at the time. traveling? Who knows? Not with racing though I believe.

Hi :)

I do have a question-
did the original article tell what city or county the trial was in???
the dates of the trial???

thanks

they look simalar, it says her disaperance was involentery what does that mean? that she left on her own free will?

smile22 said:
they look simalar, it says her disaperance was involentery what does that mean? that she left on her own free will?
i think they look really similar.
involuntary means -left Against their own free will.
but at this point how do they really know anything you know.
i still think they look really similar

They have almost identical noses except schulte's seems longer but that could just be the lighting or whatever on the picture. The way her eyes are set anso looks the same. On Charleyproject.org she is listed an endangered missing. It is worth a shot to give this info to the police investigating this.

2sisters said:
They have almost identical noses except schulte's seems longer but that could just be the lighting or whatever on the picture. The way her eyes are set anso looks the same. On Charleyproject.org she is listed an endangered missing. It is worth a shot to give this info to the police investigating this.

I really think the similarities are there.
Even the fact that our Jane Doe was said to have
had some tooth decay and Diane also appeared
to have some dental problems.

I e-mailed Sgt. Smith.
Who knows! Maybe we can finally put a name
on her headstone.

wow - it does really look similar. what really jumped out at me were the eyebrows!!

annemc2 said:
wow - it does really look similar. what really jumped out at me were the eyebrows!!

that would be so great, to finally have a name for her after all these years.

I have a feeling though that they've already looked into this, but
who knows!

If not I am going to make up some fliers with our Jane Doe's picture and information with the heading "IS THIS YOUR DAUGHTER??? SISTER??? COUSIN?? FRIEND??" to maybe catch someone's attention, and put them all over rochester and caledonia.

what do you think?

sharon25 said:
that would be so great, to finally have a name for her after all these years.

I have a feeling though that they've already looked into this, but
who knows!

If not I am going to make up some fliers with our Jane Doe's picture and information with the heading "IS THIS YOUR DAUGHTER??? SISTER??? COUSIN?? FRIEND??" to maybe catch someone's attention, and put them all over rochester and caledonia.

what do you think?

Sounds like a great idea to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members