Identified! NY - Cattaraugus Co., Female skeletal UP6015, Sep'09 - Traci Douglass

Boots were brown suede with flowers on the front of them. I was trying to link a pic but some reason when I copy and paste...the link is broken...

I don't think you can do anything other than compile a list of potential matches (which is a start!). I was going to say if it was just a few bones, they might not be able to distinguish age, but they must have some teeth at a minimum, or they wouldn't have been able to eliminate anyone by dentals. I wonder if the boot manufacturing date is giving them the potential time frame for the remains.

Posted by huskiki
Remains were found in the Allegheny Reservoir in Cattaraugus County, NY on Saturday September 26th. As of today (10/21/09) they have yet to be identified. Here is what is known so far. The remains are that of a female, between the ages of 25 - 45, height between 5'1" - 5'8", the remains are to believed to have been in the water for 1-5 years. Corrie Anderson and Lori Ceci Bova have been rule out by dental records.

They do have the dentals for a dental comparison.

A lot of women missing in that age and date range also fit the possible height description, the thing that made me think it could be Theresa Waldron other than the height, age and date is the fact that she went missing in January and the UID was wearing boots... I actually have boots on now and it's October, but some of the missing people I was looking at were missing from the summer months...just a thought.

Posted by huskiki

They do have the dentals for a dental comparison.

A lot of women missing in that age and date range also fit the possible height description, the thing that made me think it could be Theresa Waldron other than the height, age and date is the fact that she went missing in January and the UID was wearing boots... I actually have boots on now and it's October, but some of the missing people I was looking at were missing from the summer months...just a thought.

I agree with your line of thinking- it's way too cold here for more "summery" footwear. You don't see too many spiked high heels here in the winter, that's why I was wondering what kind of heel and lining it had.

Here is the NAMUS list of rule outs:

Corrie Anderson
Michelle Benjamin 1972 Pennsylvania
Lori Bova 1970
Josephine Despard
Joey Offutt 1973 Pennsylvania
Arjanette Piotrowski
Leichia Reilly 1963 New York
Leicna Reilly

Thank You Mtrooper!

There is a picture of the boots in the NamUs report- They look like Uggs.

Attachments

• Boot.jpg
    Boot.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 101
More women missing from NY:

. Sue Carol Laimer: missing 3/1/2001
Sugarloaf, NY
Michelle Ann Harris; missing 9/11/2001,
Owego, NY.
....Jennifer M Hammond, missing Aug, 2003,
Ballston Spa, NY
..Yvonne Torch: missing 6/9/2004,
Newburgh,NY
... BAMBI MADDEN, missing 1/11/ 2006,
Binhampton, NY
.. Bethanie L Dougherty, missing 4/1/2008,
Killawog, NY
..,Elisha Vandermortel; missing 5/1/2008,
Geneva, NY

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
huskiki: I am wondering if I/we should email NY State police with our combined lists.
They probably already have the names, but maybe not?

note: Elisha Vandermortel: missing 5/1/2008, same day as Lutricia Steele..

Hi Dreamweaver, NYS Police probably have a list but I think we should send one to them anyway. It would make a statement of some sort that there are people who are paying attention to these cases.

What about this girl...http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/waldron_theresa.html

Theresa Waldron . Missing from Schenectady NY which is about an hour from where the UID was found...
Missing since January 10, 2005 ..Winter time..could have been wearing boots...
Said UID time frame between 1-5 years - fits
Age between 25-45 - Theresa was 26 when she went missing
Height is listed between 5'1 and 5'8 - Theresa was 5'2

What do you all think of her?

Hi Chaddylex, Schenectady is about 4-5 hours from where the remains were found but I wouldn't rule her out. I live about 30-40 minutes from Schenectady and haven't heard about Theresa Waldron. She fits the profile.

I'm somewhat familiar with that part of the state, and my guess is that it is most likely to be from someone in the immediate area -- rather than the eastern part of the state -- or from Pennsylvania. It's rather isolated and not an obvious destination. If you were from Pennsylvania and wanted to get the body out of the state, it would make sense to head for the Allegheny State Park area, drive over the border, and dump as soon as the road gets near enough to the reservoir to make it easy.

Corrie Anderson
Lori Bova 1970
Josephine Despard
Arjanette Piotrowski
Leicna Reilly

That's great that they have rule outs up on the site.

I hope she is identified soon.

I did email the NY state police with the combined list.
I have not received any feedback.

I tried to email the Cattaugus Cty Sheriff's office,
but the link is broken.
I have their phone number, but
I live on the west coast,
wanted to make sure they have the names
and also to tell them their link is broken.
Will try in am to call.

Boots were brown suede with flowers on the front of them. I was trying to link a pic but some reason when I copy and paste...the link is broken...

The photo was copyright protected or something....I tried that too!

Corrie Anderson
Lori Bova 1970
Josephine Despard
Arjanette Piotrowski
Leicna Reilly

Corrie and Lori have been ruled out already.

I'm somewhat familiar with that part of the state, and my guess is that it is most likely to be from someone in the immediate area -- rather than the eastern part of the state -- or from Pennsylvania. It's rather isolated and not an obvious destination. If you were from Pennsylvania and wanted to get the body out of the state, it would make sense to head for the Allegheny State Park area, drive over the border, and dump as soon as the road gets near enough to the reservoir to make it easy.

I agree. My idea was to start with Western/middle NY and then PA and then Ohio. I thought, until we have maybe more info, that I'd contact the websites for each missing female and provide the links. I think those boots are going to be a real help.
I know for sure that none of my friends or relatives has that pair of boots. I think alot of us could say the same thing. They are pretty unique. Let's hope this lady wore those boots everywhere, and lots of people noticed them!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back