GUILTY NY - Cheyenne Cherry for killing kitten in hot oven, Bronx, 2009

I think the place she is going to end up in is far hotter than a 500 degree oven and I think she will rue the day she ever did this cruel cruel thing to a dear little kitten.
I completely agree with you but my worst fear is little Tiger Lily won't be the only victim before she gets there. :furious:

I'm pretty sure jail will be most unpleasant when the other inmates find out what she's in for.

I'm pretty sure jail will be most unpleasant when the other inmates find out what she's in for.
I can only hope so, but I'd think it would only be amongst the non-violent offenders there. And she's only going to be in jail, not prison, correct? MOO

I can only hope so, but I'd think it would only be amongst the non-violent offenders there. And she's only going to be in jail, not prison, correct? MOO

I think her actions and words might make her in danger of violence even if she was sentenced to a Quaker Meeting. :behindbar

Little question this girl needs to be placed in some institution for a very very long time. I would not trust her to watch her own child. She will not find this form of crime entertaining enough for long and will want to notch up the thrill and harm or kill a human.

I fully believe that anyone that could do something like this has no hope of becoming anything even remotely close to a human being. There is no therapy for what she is.

Little question this girl needs to be placed in some institution for a very very long time. I would not trust her to watch her own child. She will not find this form of crime entertaining enough for long and will want to notch up the thrill and harm or kill a human.
I feel the same way. One year in jail isn't enough and when she gets out, more animals will be killed or will she have to kill a human in order to be properly punished and kept away from society? :furious: MOO

I feel the same way. One year in jail isn't enough and when she gets out, more animals will be killed or will she have to kill a human in order to be properly punished and kept away from society? :furious: MOO

Sadly the answer is yes she will have to kill a human. Alot still dont see animals as having feeling and see past that animals feel pain. I personally will never understand it. I think there should be more punished for these inhuman acts of cruelity.Regardless whether its animal or human torturing anything and causing a painful death should get more then a slap on the wrist.

I will never ever be able to comprehend the evil in this world. :(

Sadly the answer is yes she will have to kill a human. Alot still dont see animals as having feeling and see past that animals feel pain. I personally will never understand it. I think there should be more punished for these inhuman acts of cruelity.Regardless whether its animal or human torturing anything and causing a painful death should get more then a slap on the wrist.
I completely agree. Anyone who could do this to a helpless little kitten and think it's funny needs to at least be in a psychiatric institution and not allowed a chance to kill anyone else ~ animal or human. The sad thing here is when she gets out of jail, she'll probably get pregnant, and end up killing her baby. :banghead: MOO

If it is any small consolation to anyone here, I am doubtful that this sicko waste of oxygen will become pregnant anytime soon-

The ASPCA arrested a 17-year-old girl for killing her ex-roommate's kitten by putting the feline into an oven and leaving it to die. The Post described it as Cheyenne Cherry's "heartless attempt to get revenge on her lesbian lover." Cherry and a friend broke into the Mott Haven apartment of Valerie Hernandez, planning to trash the place.

http://gothamist.com/2009/06/05/bronx_teen_kills_kitten_in_oven.php

And, believe me, the ASPCA and Animal Control will be watching on her release..

If it is any small consolation to anyone here, I am doubtful that this sicko waste of oxygen will become pregnant anytime soon-

http://gothamist.com/2009/06/05/bronx_teen_kills_kitten_in_oven.php

And, believe me, the ASPCA and Animal Control will be watching on her release..
I don't know if it's a consolation now or not after reading the "quote" ~ it seems the "motive" was to get revenge on her ex-lover so she sadistically killed little Tiger Lily. I just hope it isn't excused as some sort of temporary insanity due to the breakup. :furious: MOO

If this was done as revenge or whatever against a former lover, then she's also guilty of domestic abuse imo, I wonder if she could be charged with anything else? Domestic abusers often seem to target pets of the ones they want to terrorise.
We can't forget about the 14 yo in this either, it seems to be they were the one to actually put the kitten in the oven, my god what is wrong with the world?

VB

This is sick. This girl has a long criminal future ahead of her. How do people get like this?? That poor kitten. So very sad.

Ok, I had been avoiding this thread for days. However, awareness is adamant; so I read the article. Unfortunately, if she is not going to be handled differently than a slap on the wrist; this is only the beginning. She has been given a free pass to do as she pleases…there will be more victims (people and animals); I am sorry to say.

I didn't even read the articles and probably won't,the title of the thread was enough.I will be banned if I even start commenting :furious: :furious:

And yeah I agree with all the posters who say that this &*(#($*& will have no problem hurting a human being one day .

There's absolutely NO excuse for what she did.

PLAIN EVIL.

Too bad they don't have people-sized microwaves in prison. I bet she'd have a date with one once her prison-mates found out what she did.

As a mom here with 4 cats, 1 dog, guinea pig and rabbit, I cannot bring myself to read the article either. She should get at least a year for breaking and entering.

My only hope is that there are animal and cat lovers in prison.

What is this world coming to??

As a mom here with 4 cats, 1 dog, guinea pig and rabbit, I cannot bring myself to read the article either. She should get at least a year for breaking and entering.

My only hope is that there are animal and cat lovers in prison.

What is this world coming to??
I still have a question as to where she's going to be serving this slap-on-the-wrist sentence. Usually one year sentences are in county jail, but I don't know how it works in NY.

And you're right, in state prisons, there are many convicts who adopt the stray animals around the prison. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back