NY - Christopher Porco - Another Menandez situation? - sentenced

I watched the Lifetime movie about this horrible thing that Chris did to his parents last night and have spent most of my day reading this entire thread...along with newspaper articles. I am so glad that Chris is getting the punishment he deserves.

I pray and hope for continued healing and peace within for the other family members. Peter sounded like a wonderful husband, father, friend, brother, etc. All the things I read about him were positive, and he sounded like a great "salt of the earth" person. I am so sorry this event happened to your family.

I saw an episode of something on ID the other day with this case. I was not at all convinced he did it . BUT I had a hard time trying to decide who else might want to do this. I'm going to be back tracking.

I saw an episode of something on ID the other day with this case. I was not at all convinced he did it . BUT I had a hard time trying to decide who else might want to do this. I'm going to be back tracking.

They have his bright yellow jeep on two different surveillance tapes- leaving the parking lot in the middle of the night and crossing the toll bridge. He did this and his mother is an idiot for sticking by the son who tried to kill her and killed her husband/his father!!! All for their money.

I guess his Jeep could have been in the driveway at 4 and still given him enough time to get back to campus by 8 when he's shown on campus video.

I wonder about any physical evidence, I'm sure you can't murder two people with a firemans axe and not be covered with blood.
I can't see him raceing up the thruway speeding back to campus covered in gore.
If they had any blood evidence from his jeep they would have him locked up by now.
I'm sure they checked his dorm room shower drains etc.
It's hard to commit a bloody crime in this day and age without leaving something they can use to link you to it.

Right to all of this. The lack of blood anywhere is my stumbling block.

Right to all of this. The lack of blood anywhere is my stumbling block.

So he was good at cleanup. That proves nothing. He probably wore a jumpsuit and maybe a shower cap and booties that he disposed of before he drove back. This was premeditated.

Amazing Sudzi all the links and stories. From psychology class 20 years ago, I seem to remember that psychopaths can appear to be normal people; even social people who can be fun at parties, but they also can be completely lacking in human emotion; completely lacking in care for anyone but themselves. If Chris Porco fits this mold; then it really wouldn't be a big deal to him to borrow his moms car, because he would have no conscience. To me or anyone else here; it would be unbearable; but not to a psychopath. Sad but true. Coming on 4 months...lets hope something breaks soon.........

He was very flat during his interviews on the ID show.

I fully believe that the son harmed his parents.

Just the fact that the mother was injured in her face and head leads one to believe that the injury was done out of anger.

Another person would have just stabbed a person in the body, but in the face area with a hatchet, that indicated a person who has a personal relationship with the victim and a great deal of anger towards the victims.

Agreed. If anyone else wanted them dead, why not just shoot them and be done instantly ?

So he was good at cleanup. That proves nothing. He probably wore a jumpsuit and maybe a shower cap and booties that he disposed of before he drove back. This was premeditated.

I like physical evidence. I don't think I could convict anyone on a circumstancial case myself. I hope I'm never on a jury. I am always weighing both sides.

I like physical evidence. I don't think I could convict anyone on a circumstancial case myself. I hope I'm never on a jury. I am always weighing both sides.
Circumstantial cases can be very strong. He had the means, motive, and opportunity. Did you miss the part about seeing his bright yellow jeep on the surveillance tapes??? Clearly he was on the move and didn't stay in his dorm/frat house all night.

I almost was on a criminal jury trial about a year ago, until I got excused. I took one look at the defendant and saw cold-blooded gang member(even though they dressed him up in a sweater) the way he looked back and grinned at me/us. Sure enough, they convicted him of murder without me!

Circumstantial cases can be very strong. He had the means, motive, and opportunity. Did you miss the part about seeing his bright yellow jeep on the surveillance tapes??? Clearly he was on the move and didn't stay in his dorm/frat house all night.

I did see about the yellow car. I just cannot get past not one drop of blood........ it just defies logic. Like I say I cannot think of anyone else who would want to do that . Like if they had a beef with someone, that person surely would have not used an ax . I just wish there was some blood somewhere on him or his car and I'd feel a lot better.

The Forensic Files episode is quite compelling. I'm convinced he did it.

Can you believe that it's been 11 years next month (Nov. 15, 2004) since Christopher killed his father and tried to kill his father. He has been in Danamora (Plattsburgh, NY) for the last 9 years. He has exhausted all avenues of appeal...
including accusing his lawyer (the famous (infamous) Terry Kindlon) of an incompetent defense. He has been denied redress at every appeal. He is still in protected quarters and, until the escape of the 2 prisoners this summer, had it pretty easy as the "errand" boy....delivering mail, books, snacks to other prisoners. Things have changed since the escape happen. The rules have tightened so I don't know his situation now. He still proclaims his innocence and is still searching for a way out of prison.
Just an update.
Sacandaga Captain

The Christopher Porco Case, 15 Years Later

Nov 4, 2019 • Fifteen years after the brutal crime that gripped the Capital Region, attorneys from both sides discussed the case against Christopher Porco with Times Union state and investigations editor Brendan Lyons on Oct. 30, 2019, in the Hearst Media Center in Colonie, N.Y.

3/5/21--Forensic Files (HD) - Season 13, Episode 25 - Family Ties - Full Episode

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back