NY NY - Corrie Anderson, 36, Jamestown, 28 Oct 2008

Great idea about the prayer lists!
Also, although I do NOT like to bash LE, in two of the unsolved local disappearances, LE were the suspects! Yolanda Bindics and Lori Bova, if I remember correctly.
And we should have been out there with organized searches immediately. My teens went out into the woods, and I told them to stop, because I was afraid they'd destroy some key evidence at a crime scene. Now that I think about it, I had wayyyy too much faith that LE would find her.

I'd heard (read) about the LE officer allegedly involved in the other cases too, Torsade. Doesn't sound as though there was ever any "official" resolution concerning his personal involvement; does seem like the "Court of Public Opinion" feels he was involved and/or knows more about..something ??

My frustration lies in the announcement that due to the snow, searches will be placed on hold until Spring. !!! Spring? My goodness! That is too long to wait and it also sends out (inadvertently) the possible message that officials either know a LOT more than they are saying, OR they don't think time is of the essence as they feel she won't be found alive.

While the Internet has allowed important information to reach millions of people everywhere, within seconds... it also has desensitized our society as we are inundated with 24/7 news, most of it tragic. And before we know it, another, 'newer' missing person 'case' hits the news wires...and another... causing families to feel that their loved-one has been forgotten, AND still missing.

That may be "just the way it is" anymore, but that doesn't mean it's right. Compassion, caring and concern for others will hopefully never become a thing of the past; for reaching out to others in need defines the very premise and objective for the WS Board/Forum.

I've added Corrie and her family to one of our local prayer lists; we are blessed to have some great prayer warriors in this group as I really feel this family needs to be lifted-up in prayer right now. Holidays bring out the best and worst of emotions. (my father died in Dec, long ago and it took many years before I had peace replace pain in my heart, and memories)

Torsade--As you live close-by and know the family, what's your 'take' on any new developments? Are the local media keeping-up with developments and making sure this 'case' isn't forgotten, or has it slowly faded from view?

From what I've read, it seems that Corrie is VERY well-liked in the community, as a mother, friend, and helper (classroom/church, etc); the only possibilities I could theorize a person wishing her ill, would be the ex-husband or past ex-boyfriends. I haven't heard much on ANY ideas, from anyone.

Anyone here have an idea for a possible "motive"? Corrie's family seems very sure she would never just up and leave due to her love for her 3 children; that leads to someone being involved. But why? :waitasec:

Mish, I'll respond privately. We don't know who reads these boards...... Would you all say a prayer tonight for Corrie and her family?

Torsade, I have researched Corrie's case extensively, may I post what I know?
I do not want to post anything that might upset the family, but it also may progess the case.

It would be nice if someone would post something. I live in this area and no one seems to be talking about this or know how to help. There was a news items about a missing person billboard in Erie PA - but then I wondered why Erie and what's up with that?

Drivenon, I'm not family, and can't say what can be posted here. I am afraid to post much because if the perp reads here, I don't want to give anything away. I'd love some guidance! I really don't know what to say or not say!
I don't know why the billboard was erected in Erie, except the Erie papers seem to have retained interest, and we're a little closer to Erie than, say, Buffalo.

Bumped, for Corrie's family

Hi Mish -- if you (or anyone else, maybe David Lohr?) have a contact with this family and can get Corrie's date of birth, location of birth and possibly time of birth (if available), as well as that of her ex-husband the suspect, the WS AstroSleuths would possibly like to do a chart and see what it reveals about her disappearance and possible location.

They need his full name too, if possible, and a timeline of the day of her disappearance, if you have it (i.e. the last person to talk to her or see her...where...what time, etc.) Any information you can provide would be helpful. I'm searching the net and haven't found much that isn't a repeat of known info.

Thanks!

Drivenon, I'm not family, and can't say what can be posted here. I am afraid to post much because if the perp reads here, I don't want to give anything away. I'd love some guidance! I really don't know what to say or not say!
I don't know why the billboard was erected in Erie, except the Erie papers seem to have retained interest, and we're a little closer to Erie than, say, Buffalo.

Torsade -- If you don't feel comfortable posting family info here, can you PM the information to Soulscape regarding what I posted above to Mish? I think the AstroSleuths can be helpful in this case. They are interested in trying, if you or someone can get the necessary information they need. Thanks!

Guys we have the birth info on both now, and Soulscape is going to try to look at the charts this weekend. If you'd like to participate or check out what is discovered, you can visit the Corrie L. Anderson thread in the Forensic Astrology Forum under 'current events'. It should be opened soon.

Thanks and I hope this produces some information to help solve the case!

Hi Mish -- if you (or anyone else, maybe David Lohr?) have a contact with this family and can get Corrie's date of birth, location of birth and possibly time of birth (if available), as well as that of her ex-husband the suspect, the WS AstroSleuths would possibly like to do a chart and see what it reveals about her disappearance and possible location.

They need his full name too, if possible, and a timeline of the day of her disappearance, if you have it (i.e. the last person to talk to her or see her...where...what time, etc.) Any information you can provide would be helpful. I'm searching the net and haven't found much that isn't a repeat of known info.

Thanks!

Try the corrie website. findcorrie.org

Sorry Beckaroozie (your call sign makes me grin each time I see it:)) for the delay in responding. Just saw your questions today; Karen answered them as well as (if not better) I could have, especially since she is geographically much closer to this tragedy.

I e-mailed Torsade after reading this thread and the other that Soulscape is working on; she hasn't replied so I gather she hasn't logged on WS OR her pc e-mail. While this is my own personal "guess", I think she (Torsade) is probably the closest person here, to this case. If anyone could find out the birth date of the ex, I think she could; I do know she is wary of posting information that could be read by....well, by people that don't have Corrie's best interest at heart, if 'ya know what I mean. I'm sure she'd feel more comfortable sending that info via PM, I just don't think she's been online lately to know her help is needed.

Anyhoo... just wanted to clear up any misconception over my lack of response on the other thread. With all that's been going on with Caylee's case, interest in other cases (like Corrie's) just isn't there right now, IMO.
I'm thrilled to see Corrie's case has some increased traffic.

It's frightening to realize that none of us are truly guaranteed a "tomorrow", at least not here on earth. It should cause all of us to reflect more on our priorities, for 'some' type of good to come from such pain and tragedy. Someone made a choice that day, a choice to harm another individual. And that choice forever altered the way this family will live out their days; Corrie's three children will carry this pain forever and I imagine it will have long-term ramifications unlike anything we can comprehend......

I pray that whoever harmed Corrie, is brought to justice.:behindbar ..soonest.

The Buffalo and Jamestown announced a couple hours ago that her van was found near her house. They are investigating. There have been MANY women who disappeared from this area - some found murdered, some still missing and many many inappropriate searches and suspects.

This is in my neck of the woods. Almost all the missing women have had ties to one of the local LE agencies. Pretty sad actually, since my mami is married to the police chief's brother. Nothing ever will actually ever be done about it. Most of the women that are found are still "unsolved".

There is a prayer service tonight in Panama, NY for Corrie. Her family keeps saying that they think someone is holding her. Almost like someone told them something. Maybe it is just hope. Due to the bad snow storm on the way - I did not go to the service. Was pleased though that the two local Buffalo TV stations covered the story today. I did send them emails - from their news home page. So maybe if people keep asking for updates - this story will stay in the news. WIVB.com and WGRZ.com.
The claim about Le is even worse than you said. Its so odd. Plus the way the locals handled the Bucky situation last year was awful. No one had to lose their life over that situation. You'd think after 911 in New York State we'd be able to find a missing person with all the resources put into LE. Sad, too sad.

There is a prayer service tonight in Panama, NY for Corrie. Her family keeps saying that they think someone is holding her. Almost like someone told them something. Maybe it is just hope. Due to the bad snow storm on the way - I did not go to the service. Was pleased though that the two local Buffalo TV stations covered the story today. I did send them emails - from their news home page. So maybe if people keep asking for updates - this story will stay in the news. WIVB.com and WGRZ.com.
The claim about Le is even worse than you said. Its so odd. Plus the way the locals handled the Bucky situation last year was awful. No one had to lose their life over that situation. You'd think after 911 in New York State we'd be able to find a missing person with all the resources put into LE. Sad, too sad.

I missed the prayer vigil. I have looked on Buffalo's web pages but they haven't updated yet...I'll look again later. Thanks for letting us know.

Bolded by me:

It is much worse than I said. I wasn't sure of how much I could post and not be banned. No one outside this area will look into this LE agency and it needs to be done. It's scary to think you cannot call them if you need help for fear of what will happen to you.

Agree with you too about LE in this area. Upper management people.
buffalonews.com carried the vigil and reported it on their website yesterday as well. It was a very snowy day yesterday - while watching for school closings - two of the three TV stations in Buffalo that I watched carried the vigil. For some reason the family keeps mentioning that someone may be holding Corrie against her will. Nothing more said.

Just a note to say that there is a billboard in Jamestown about Corrie. Also there was a great newspaper article in the news the other day (Dunkirk Observer). I don't know if it was in the Jamestown paper or not (I don't subscribe to any papers...just read them on-line).
I agree about the LE comments made here. Has anyone heard anything about the forensic results? They should be back by now. No sunshine law like Fla. so I doubt we will hear a thing.
The snow & cold here is just too much to endure for searching. I have snow piled up to the top of my lamp post here. The snow won't melt until June the rate things are going. :-(
Keep the faith.

http://texasequusearch.org/2009/01/spagetti-dinner-benefit-for-corrie-anderson-search/

Spagetti Dinner Benefit for Corrie Anderson Search

Posted on 15. Jan, 2009 by B Tarr in Calendar of Events
March 15, 2009
12:00 pm to 4:00 pm

On Sunday, March 15, 2009, there will be a Spaghetti Dinner and Chinese Auction held at the Ashville Firemen’s Training Ground, Ashville, NY. The event will be held from 12:00 noon until 4:00 pm, Proceeds go to help with the upcoming search effort and to add to the reward for finding Corrie.

Corrie has been missing since October 28, 2008. She was last seen in Jamestown, NY.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

It's really disheartening that there has been no local news about this case. When I've asked anyone from Jamestown PD they just tell me there is nothing new.

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/523771.html

With heavy snow hampering further searches for Corrie Anderson, the missing Ashville woman's family has decided to take advantage of the weather for their loved one.

Ms. Anderson's family and friends have organized a snowmobile dice run which will take place Saturday, with all proceeds going toward the family reward fund as well as a planned donation to the non-profit search group Texas Equusearch, which will return to the area this spring to officially begin its search.

Ms. Anderson, a mother of three, was reported missing on Oct. 28. The New York State Police are investigating her disappearance, and report that new leads from the public come in frequently.

Pre-registration and a pancake breakfast is offered from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Chautauqua Lake Snowmobile Club's clubhouse on Hannum Road in the town of Chautauqua, for anyone interested in participating.

The cost is $15 to enter, and at each of the five stops, riders will roll five dice and the scores will be recorded. You can buy an extra roll or an extra hand, where you play like two people and double your odds, for $5. The highest and lowest hands win both prizes.

The stops include any five of 10 selected establishments, including The Backyard, Pine Junction, the Bemus Point Golf Course, The Sherman Hotel, Cassadaga Country Club, Stockton Hotel, French Creek Tavern, Toms Tavern, Lakeview Hotel and the Witch Kitch

Ms. Anderson's mother, Vicki Acquisto, said if the weather is not suitable for a snowmobile run, the dice run will take place in cars along the route.

The run concludes at the Maple Springs Volunteer Fire Department's hall, 5385 Maple Springs- Ellery Road. From 4 to 8 p.m. at the fire hall, the band Disorderly Conduct will be playing and there will be several 50/50 drawings, giveaways and door prizes. Pizza and wings will be served at 6 p.m.

''You don't have to be a snowmobiler to come out and support the family,'' said Marilyn Morningstar, a family friend who, along with Lori Carson and others helped organize the events Saturday. ''The whole day is guaranteed to be a good time and even if you don't want to participate in the dice run, everyone is invited to come down to the fire hall to enjoy the band.''

Members from Texas Equusearch will also be at the fire hall Saturday evening to register volunteers for the search this Spring. All volunteers are welcome and requested, but the group specifically needs team leaders. If you have leadership experience from any service organization, such as the military, law enforcement or a fire department, you may be ideal to lead a team of volunteers during the search.

Anyone interested in supporting the family who can't attend the events Saturday has a few options. Donations can be delivered to Cheryl Swart at the Jamestown Community College Hultquist Library's circulation desk or sent directly to Affinity One Federal Credit Union (formerly MRC), 545 E. Second St., Jamestown, NY 14701. Checks should be made out to the Corrie Anderson Family Fund.

On March 15, from noon to 4 p.m at the Ashville Fire Department's station, Ms. Anderson's family is holding a spaghetti dinner which will feature a Chinese auction.

For more information on upcoming events and updates directly from the family, visit www.findcorrie.com.
My family had received invites to this event through our local snowmobile club but could not attend.:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back