NY NY - Corrie Anderson, 36, Jamestown, 28 Oct 2008

I cannot believe that TES pulled out of the search. That's crazy. Here's another article from the local paper:

Texas EquuSearch Withdraws From Corrie Anderson Search
Family Says The Search Will Continue This Weekend

By Robert Rizzuto
POSTED: April 15, 2009
Save | Print | Email | Read comments | Post a comment
Email: "Texas EquuSearch Withdraws From Corrie Anderson Search"
*To:

<--TO Email REQUIRED!

<--FROM Email REQUIRED!
Article Photos
Ms. Anderson was last seen at about 1:10 p.m. on Oct. 28, 2008.

Family members of Corrie Anderson, the missing mother of three from Busti, will hold a community search this coming weekend despite the fact that the non-profit search group, Texas EquuSearch has withdrawn as of Monday evening.

The family released a statement saying "Although this news is disappointing to the family, they would like the public to know that all search plans and the schedule will remain the same and they still need community support. It will be a more local effort, not as grand-scale, but still the mission is the same - to search for Corrie. The hunters, farmers, firefighters and citizens that make up our community, they know this land and we need their help. We truly value and appreciate their support."

The search will begin Saturday, April 18 at 7 a.m. at the command center, the Ashville Fireman's Training Grounds, in Ashville. The search is expected to continue all day Saturday and Sunday, April 19.

Anyone interested in participating in the search is asked to sign up at www.findcorrie.com or send the family an email at findcorrie@gmail.com

A full report can be found in Thursday's edition of The Post Journal.

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/528186.html?nav=5018

My son and the rest of his Explorer group will be there for the Criminal Justice case. I'm hoping hubby will go get our 4 wheelers registered so we can help.

I'm going to personally print a bunch of posters tomorrow and put them everywhere I go. I've contacted a couple of Volunteer Fire companies outside of the immediate area, and asked them to ask their members to come. I'm going to email everyone on my email list and ask them to come.
We have to find Corrie!
Would those of you who are close, ask anyone you know, to spread the word, make posters, etc?

Search for Corrie Anderson scheduled this weekend

The search for missing mother Corrie Anderson is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday.

Organizers are hoping for more than 1,000 volunteers to help search.

Searchers will meet at the Ashville, N.Y., fire department training grounds, 2118 Magnolia Ave.

The search is being organized by the search and rescue group called Texas EquuSearch.

Along with searchers, organizers are asking for donations including bottled water, snacks and office supplies.

Donated items can be dropped off before the search at the Salvation Army in Jamestown or Saturday at the command center.

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090414/NEWS02/304149889

Folks
TES will not be onsite for this search this weekend.
I hope TES is sharing all the info with Corrie's family -
Too bad we waited since last Fall - to be on our own.
Waiting waiting waiting for the tracking dogs, the special equipment and the donations to come in to TES.

Folks
TES will not be onsite for this search this weekend.
I hope TES is sharing all the info with Corrie's family -
Too bad we waited since last Fall - to be on our own.
Waiting waiting waiting for the tracking dogs, the special equipment and the donations to come in to TES.

TES left NOTHING with the family! No volunteer info, no email info. nothing!That really SUCKS! Can I say that on here? I believe if there are enough searchers, this can be done... without TES. You are right Karen, too bad this had to wait until now when it could have been done much sooner. A lot of waiting... for what? Lets get it done for this family! They deserve some peace after all this waiting!!

There has to be a way to get the information from TES. I don't believe that this organization would just pull out and leave us all high and dry. I will do what I can. Perhaps David Lohr can help? At least, he'd be a trusted person to give the search info to.

Here's what I did today:
I posted messages on freecycle WNY, warren, and catt county. Buffalo would not allow the message (can you believe it???). I also posted to chautauqua and erie craigslist. My posts said something like this:
"Can you help search for Corrie Anderson this weekend? If you can't search, can you donate food/water/coffee, pray or at least spread the word?" Then I posted the link to the article in the Post Journal today, and the link to Corrie's website.
This is something that others who are not local can participate in. You can find other places to post this information.

Another idea is for someone to visit the OTHER sleuthing sites and ask interested local people to come over here and post on this thread. Perhaps by "harvesting" from ALL the websites, we can come up with a large enough local group to spend time out searching for Corrie.

LE is doing NOTHING to find Corrie. They are USED to women turning up missing in this area. It's time for locals to step up to the plate. Since we have such a problem in this area, maybe we need to start our OWN search group like TES. I'm only 1/2 joking.

Miss Uber-organized wonders what you can do to help?:blowkiss:

Locals can also make up some kind of poster with search info on it, and hang them far and wide. It kills me that I ran errands for hours today and never saw a single Corrie search poster.
It was also NOT on the front page of the Post journal. Anyone know anyone at the Post Journal or other local newspapers? Any of the radio stations? I don't listen to radio and don't know if they've been publicizing the search? How about the news stations in Buffalo and Erie?

This is very upsetting news! And it also seems rather odd that TES would withdraw from the search without providing any explanation for that critical change.

Just a suggestion- Torsade, what about putting posters up at JCC, The Prendergast Library (spelling may be off; it's been awhile[late 80's] since I lived in J-town), and Chautauqua Institute?

I could post a message on our school reunion website, if y'all think that might be of help. One of my closest friends still has most of his family living in Jamestown/Bemus Point; he's mentioned a large group of his J-Town friends are on that Facebook (think that's the one he said) "thingy"--I could ask him to post a message for volunteers on that site, as well.

Wish I could be there to help y'all "physically"; I will "pray without ceasing" that Corrie is found, that her family may find peace, strength and comfort, AND that the low-life scum who did this, is brought to justice swiftly. I truly hope he never again sees the light of day; I have great issue that he's walking about, LIVING his life, unpunished for his crime. I have prayed that his deeds will be brought to light and the police will have the evidence needed to prevent him from ever having another opportunity to kill again.

Please tell Corrie's family that they have many, many people praying for them, all over this country.

And a HUGE "THANKS" to all of you giving of your time to help in the search for Corrie! The hearts of His people can be found in their actions; may God be with each and every one of you!:blowkiss:

In His service,
Mish :twocents:

Locals can also make up some kind of poster with search info on it, and hang them far and wide. It kills me that I ran errands for hours today and never saw a single Corrie search poster.
It was also NOT on the front page of the Post journal. Anyone know anyone at the Post Journal or other local newspapers? Any of the radio stations? I don't listen to radio and don't know if they've been publicizing the search? How about the news stations in Buffalo and Erie?

MY emails to TES people - came back to me. Sweet ....
The WIVB, WGRZ news stations ... I would send a "contact us" message and ask what was new with the Corrie search. They would always put it up on their website and run it on the news.
I'll work on that later. But if you guys could do the same, it might get more attention. The Post Journal - Dunkirk Observer ... I can try. The Buffalo New was once cooperative.

So, all the grids and the mapping that TES - did - that is all lost?
Some one needs to contact Greta or Nancy Grace or someone and get some heat on TES imo.

Furious, I have to go get some work done. Back later.

Torsade-

What about the Topix websites/forums for Lakewood/Jamestown? I've read the posts over there; they have a group of people that sound like they would help,if asked.

Just a thought? This really isn't good timing, trying to scramble help at the last minute. Again- this doesn't sound like normal TES protocol; something has to be going on that we just aren't privy to at this time.

-Mish

Live2Ride-

Any clue as to WHY TES would back out of the search at the last minute?

Wonder if I could leave a message (question) on their website? While it won't change anything, y'all might at least have access to their search info? I'm reaching in the dark here, I'm so upset this is happening. Makes no sense!:mad:

-Mish

I am going to call the local TV stations and a few Buffalo radio stations. Not sure if it will do any good but I'm going to give it a try. I don't know if the request to ask for volunteers needs to come from the family, but the media needs to get the word out there, that VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED. There are only 2 days left until the search and the family needs help!

And Karen:blowkiss:...

IIRC, didn't you find one of the local news stations helpful in the Fall with keeping Corrie's story in the news? Did you ever speak to a actual person? (was thinking if you did, you might have recalled their name and could call on them for help now?)

The Internet is a big place; there must be some way we can spread the word that Corrie's family is in need of volunteer searchers.... [think,think,think...]

-Mish

Mish... I have an idea why they backed out but I would rather not post it.

If anyone signed up with TES in the past and still wants to search this weekend, we need to sign up again on findcorrie.com so the family has our (the volunteers) contact information.

I pray the search this weekend will be productive. If not, I am with Torsade... lets plan some future searches!

It's killing me that I cannot search this weekend. I can't find a sitter on Saturday that will take the extra kids I have and Sunday my grammy's birthday party at the nursing home in Westfield.

My oldest son will definitely be there though. I'm calling around everyone I know. I am also going to check with my next door neighbor to see if they got the go ahead from their Bishop to help search.

The good news is that I live in Dewittville and everywhere I go in Mayville has a poster of Corrie where everybody can see.

If there is anything more I can do then please let me know.

Carmen

And Karen:blowkiss:...

IIRC, didn't you find one of the local news stations helpful in the Fall with keeping Corrie's story in the news? Did you ever speak to a actual person? (was thinking if you did, you might have recalled their name and could call on them for help now?)

The Internet is a big place; there must be some way we can spread the word that Corrie's family is in need of volunteer searchers.... [think,think,think...]

-Mish

Mostly, I sent emails to all the news desks ...
This is the 2nd time the search was called off.
But TES kept asking for donations and for this search and then everything faded. TES people who sent me emails - new messages to them are just returned.
Last time, 1000 people signed up. There may be huge numbers of people coming. Not knowing that once again there is a hitch.

Making Progress

The late night Buffalo Channel 4 news is carrying Corrie's search.
They also have it listed on their website.
I sent emails to the News Desks at several other stations, etc.
TES does not have any "live' links that are not being returned. So, I don't think that we can get a wedge in there. So disappointing. Out of courtesy for all of us that they sent applications and things to - you'd think they would send us a heads-up.
Nonetheless, there may be so many people that show up. Let's hope so and hope that there are good maps and areas identified for us to search.
I'll try Crime Stoppers tomorrow. They have reward money set-up, I think.

I sent out posts on the Jamestown Topix forum- hoping all the folks that have said, "I'd help if someone would tell me where to go and when" will now pull-thru by volunteering their help...now that they have the "where and when" info posted!:rolleyes:

Great job Karen with holding the news station's feet to the fire! Way to Go!:clap:

Well it's past 6 am now...off to grab a few hours of sleep, then back to posting on any and all Western NY forums!

In His service,
-Mish :crazy:

Good Morning everyone
7 AM is the time they are asking people to show up if they can on Saturday. Its been stated before. But originally, it was a little later.
Just trying to reconfirm what family members are saying.

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/528227.html

The search for missing mother of three Corrie Anderson will continue this coming weekend, with the assistance of two nationally known search and rescue groups and without non-profit group Texas EquuSearch.

According to Ms. Anderson's family and Tim Miller, Texas EquuSearch founder and director, there were a number of issues that couldn't be resolved in time for the group to participate, although they did lay the ground work for the upcoming operation.

'' As a family, we are remaining upbeat and positive as we are all focused on finding Corrie,'' said Vicki Acquisto, Ms. Anderson's mother. ''It's disappointing that they will not be here, but we decided to continue on and take advantage of the day.''

Ms. Anderson was last seen at about 1:10 p.m. on Oct. 28, 2008, when she visited her boyfriend, Mike Samuelson, at the Lake County Dodge dealership on Washington Street in Jamestown.

Her mother reported her missing about 3:45 p.m. that day, when Corrie failed to show up at her son Zack's school for a meeting.

The search will take place on Saturday around 7 a.m. at the Ashville Fireman's Training Grounds and everyone who has pre-registered through Texas EquuSearch as well as those who have not yet signed up are invited to come out and participate. Volunteers will be guided by team leaders, including off-duty law enforcement personal and other trained residents.

On Saturday evening, Ms. Anderson's family is inviting the volunteers to stay for a meal, as they will be providing a spaghetti dinner to show their appreciation.

''We are so thankful to everyone in the community for all the love and support they've shown us,'' Mrs. Acquisto said. ''We are looking forward to a good turnout this weekend and plan on using some of the money we've raised to give a donation to the two teams that will be working with us.''

Since Texas EquuSearch is no longer participating in the search for Ms. Anderson, landowners who have previously given their consent are asked to contact the family through their Web site, www.findcorrie.com or by calling 397-8306 and asking for Mickey.
Still no reason why TES pulled out. My mom is married to Jamestown's Police Chief's brother....they won't let me ask him any questions. They think the last time I grilled him I was a little too hard.

I have been trying to contact another member of the same LE but haven't heard back from him.

Is it my imagination or does Jamestown ignore the people that go missing there? First Lori Ceci-Bova then Yolanda Bindics, and now Corrie Anderson. It's really sad how people are handling the missing here.:(

For all the locals, here is a form on findcorrie.com to sign up for the search.

http://www.findcorrie.com/Ways_to_Help.html

And can anyone from Chautauqua County tell me why the DMV said they can't register ATV's? I'm totally confused because the search site wants 4 wheelers to be registered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back