NY NY - Craig Frear, 17, Scotia, 27 June 2004

If drugs were involved, friends that age that use drugs, they stay true and will not tell on someone so it would be like pulling teeth to get the truth out of any of the friends that used drugs. The drugs out there today are not the same as the drugs in the 80's and 90's I had a rude awaking to how much stronger they are today even the weed has an addictive element to it today and may times it is laced with other drugs. It is really scary the drugs our kids are exposed to today.

Without further information, I think it is presumptious to think he was using drugs. Teenagers sometimes go through things on the path to adulthood; I myself had a really hard time from 18-24, and I was not using one lick of drugs. We do not know why he was fired, why he and his girlfriend broke up--there are just too many what ifs. For all we know, this is also the work of the smiley face killer...there are other boys to go missing in that area, as well as VT and NH, which are not too far away, or maybe his friend knows more than he is saying?

Does anyone know why he traveled to San Diego so frequently? Did he have family there? I wonder if he had a long distance relationship there? I am curious about the check cashing...was it a checkbook of his or a family member? Did they have anything on video?

There is an Alan Frear in Mission Hills, CA, which is about 1 1/2 hrs north of SD, and an A. Frear in Imperial, CA which is a suburb of SD.
==============================================
Craig F is listed in WS thread as one of many missing young men in the Smiley Face thread.
Teen years can be difficult without any use of drugs or alcohol.

I have read nothing about why he liked San Diego.

Frears in CA. Maybe a relative?
OR
Craig is using his middle name of Allen.
Hmm.
Wouldn't that be wonderful is he is alive and well?
He might have family mad at him, but he would be okay.

I wonder if Tim Miller would look at this case. I can't even wrap my head around the pain & worry the mother must feel.

I wonder if Tim Miller would look at this case. I can't even wrap my head around the pain & worry the mother must feel.

thankyou everyone for you insight, i live right in scotia and it really is a small place, i truly believe that if he committed suicide, they would have discovered him,,,I found out today that his parents are now divorced, i know that tends to happen in these type of situations, however there are so many things that really bother me, that i just cant shake....there are so many reports floating around saying that the girlfriends dad has refused to take a polygraph, also the same source told me that the craiq and his dad had an unusually bad relationship. see its so hard because there are no concrete details that I can look at to confirm these stories...I feel the local police are so tight lipped about everything...If this was my family member and as a mom I think and would expect the exact opposite than what has happened.....I will keep everyone posted and contact people, who are locally affiliated with the search....thanks everyone, this one is really eating away at me

Also, this is about the age where mental illness can sometimes be revealed...Perhaps he truly was depressed and ran away (if he did, he had to have had help from a friend(s). Maybe he has been gone so long now that he is afraid to come home. Did he have any siblings? I really have to wonder if he has contacted anyone-friends?

There is a local doe network contact for him, according to the facebook page:

Hi all,
My name is Tony Evelina, I am the Capitol District Area Director for the DoeNetwork.
I am active in the search for Craig.
If anyone would like to contact me, I'm right in Scotia.
Call: (518) 986-5299

Rosario or someone local may want to contact him and find out if there is more info, especially on the San Diego sighting?

thanks tony I will contact you..thankyou

LOL---I am not Tony, I just posted his info that I found on a blog about Craig that he posted on.

oh thankyou, i appreciate even anyone looking at my post because I feel like this huge "elephant is in the room" so to say when it comes to this missing person..we have a very small town, i have to ak why are the police not doing more....WHY?????

Hi i just need some more info on this case,,,i am a stayhome mom who knows quite clearly that somethingis not right with this,,,case:banghead:

thankyou everyone for you insight, i live right in scotia and it really is a small place, i truly believe that if he committed suicide, they would have discovered him,,,I found out today that his parents are now divorced, i know that tends to happen in these type of situations, however there are so many things that really bother me, that i just cant shake....there are so many reports floating around saying that the girlfriends dad has refused to take a polygraph, also the same source told me that the craiq and his dad had an unusually bad relationship. see its so hard because there are no concrete details that I can look at to confirm these stories...I feel the local police are so tight lipped about everything...If this was my family member and as a mom I think and would expect the exact opposite than what has happened.....I will keep everyone posted and contact people, who are locally affiliated with the search....thanks everyone, this one is really eating away at me
there has been not enough new evidence

He leaves a friends house at 2:30pm. He says he is headed for home.
It seems he took a short cut through the woods.
His parents do not report him missing for days, because they think
he is staying away, and they are giving him some time and space.

Dreamweaver,

I got to tell you that part just don't sit well with me. It seems he has stayed away before. I have a 17 year old son who has struggled with drugs so I kind of know the signs, but I would not let him stay away a night with out knowing where he was and especially when he was using. My son did the same things before he agreed to get help, lost the girlfriend, lost the job, new set of friends, he was selling drugs to make his money, played football and some how managed to graduate this year with good grades. I really hope this young man is alive and well.

His mom did report him missing that night, and they went out searching for him in the woods that evening. They did not publicize that he was missing for two weeks, but the police were on it from the start. It's just too bad that they didn't bring in a search team like Texas Equusearch from the start. There was a video on CBS news affiliates this past week that shows Craig 5 weeks before he was missing and interviews with mom and his brother. It is heartbreaking. What a sweet way this young man seems to have about him. As a parent of three young people and a high school educator this breaks my heart. His family has never given up on finding him and their love and concern show on this video. I hope that someone offers something soon - his family deserves to know, whatever the news is.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7370327n

Repost this video on your Facebook pages and keep publicizing it. Maybe someone's memory will be jogged along the way, or maybe someone will finally feel compelled to offer a crucial bit of information.

That links goes to a CBS slideshow about "Missing NY Teen."

New attention, but not new information, I don't believe.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10008219.html?tag=cbsContent;carouselBar

I think a key might be the rr tracks that run through the area. It may be, and this would be a positive thing, that Craig decided to LEAVE and start anew. Amtrak runs on those rails. The question is, which trains were running that night. I think the family should look at what cities the Amtraks stop at - cities that aren't near, but aren't days away.

It looks like the Empire might run through Schenectady (sp). If he decided to get on that train (it might have had a "slow order" and have moved slowly), he could have ridden to Buffalo, or NY, and then caught a connecting train (hopping one) and gone to quite a few points within 24 hours and begun anew. Amtraks rarely run on schedule on some routes - I don't know if there was an Amtrak or even a freight he could have jumped.

If need be, the family needs to get an attorney to move the investigation along and get more info about the visit to the ex girlfriend's apt, for a better idea of his mindset.

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Seven-years-still-no-answers-1751820.php

Seven years, still no answers

There is no trace of soccer standout Craig Frear, who disappeared one afternoon while going home.

By PETE IORIZZO Staff writer
Published 12:45 a.m., Sunday, August 7, 2011

Veronica and the family had been hosting a barbecue that afternoon. She figured Craig stayed away because he knew he was in trouble. Once the sun went down, she'd panicked. Veronica, her husband Bill and their two other children raced around town, beginning a search that hasn't stopped.

3 page article. 6 pictures that include his bedroom which his family has kept since the day he disappeared.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back