GUILTY NY - Craig Rideout, 50, found murdered, Penfield, 19 July 2016

http://www.whec.com/news/camera-removed-rideout-trial/4545476/

Craig Rideout's sons Colin and Alex are both charged with murder along with Rideout's estranged wife Laura and her boyfriend Paul "P.J." Tucci. On Tuesday, the defense lawyer for Laura Rideout turned the tables on the oldest son, Colin, and said he's the more likely killer and that Laura just went in afterward to clean.

“There is no direct proof she was involved in the murder,” said defense attorney David Pilato. “Was this more the case of a mother helping her child or children?”

Rideout trial: What is the jury thinking?

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/07/20/rideout-trial-what-jury-thinking/496307001/

Was a late-night shopping trip to Walmart evidence of planning a murder?

Can blood-spatter evidence prove who was present when that murder was committed?

Does participating in the cover-up effort implicate the defendants in the commission of the murder?

Those are three of the key questions that jurors appear to be considering as they weigh a verdict in the Craig Rideout murder trial.

Mother, son found guilty of murder in Rideout Trial

ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- After four full days of deliberations and then some, but the jury has rendered its verdict in the murder trial of Craig Rideout.

The jury found Craig's estranged wife Laura Rideout guilty of second degree murder, tampering with evidence and burglary. Craig's son Colin Rideout, was found guilty or second degree murder and tampering with evidence. Alex Rideout, also Craig's son, was found not guilty of murder, but guilty of tampering with evidence. Paul Tucci, Laura's boyfriend, was found not guilty of both murder and tampering with evidence.

and PJ got off scot free, was it worth it Laura? Dragging your kids into your shady plans.

anyone know if PJ is still with Laura?
They seemed to mostly come & go together, and hang with each other... so, I'm guessing they were. Though I'd be willing to bet that any visits he makes to her will taper off quickly. Frankly, I do not think any of the four have good judgement, so behavior surprises would be few and far between IMO.

My understanding is that in the Rochester area, the overwhelming popular opinion is that Tucci was nothing short of simply lucky by not being convicted in the legal system. Right or wrong, I think his "conviction" will be at the hands of the community should he choose to remain (which I doubt).

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/2...killing-husband-pouring-acid-on-his-face.html

Mom and son convicted of killing husband, pouring acid on his face

A New York woman and one of her sons were found guilty Tuesday of killing her estranged husband and pouring acid on his face to make identifying him more difficult before the body was dumped in the woods.

A Rochester jury convicted Laura Rideout, 46, and Colin Rideout of second-degree murder in the slaying of 50-year-old Craig Rideout. The mother and son were also found guilty of evidence tampering.

"This was definitely one of the most heinous cases I’ve seen in my more than 30 years in law enforcement," Monroe County Sheriff Patrick O'Flynn, who investigated the murder case, said, according to the Democrat and Chronicle. "To see someone so horrendously murder their own flesh and blood is unbelievable."

This was premeditated, as shovels and gloves were purchased the day before so why only second degree murder? I don't get this.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/2...killing-husband-pouring-acid-on-his-face.html

A New York woman and one of her sons were found guilty Tuesday of killing her estranged husband and pouring acid on his face to make identifying him more difficult before the body was dumped in the woods.

A Rochester jury convicted Laura Rideout, 46, and Colin Rideout of second-degree murder in the slaying of 50-year-old Craig Rideout. The mother and son were also found guilty of evidence tampering.

"This was definitely one of the most heinous cases I’ve seen in my more than 30 years in law enforcement," Monroe County Sheriff Patrick O'Flynn, who investigated the murder case, said, according to the Democrat and Chronicle. "To see someone so horrendously murder their own flesh and blood is unbelievable."

This was premeditated, as shovels and gloves were purchased the day before so why only second degree murder? I don't get this.

"In New York, first-degree murder is now largely reserved for special circumstances, such as: the killing of a police officer, other peace officers, firefighters or judges; mass killings; murder-for-hire; or murder during the commission of another crime, such as robbery, kidnapping or rape."
- G Craig, Rochester Democrat & Chronicle. [ http://www.democratandchronicle.com...-answers-craig-rideout-murder-case/473453001/ ]

were they out on bail?

They seemed to mostly come & go together, and hang with each other... so, I'm guessing they were. Though I'd be willing to bet that any visits he makes to her will taper off quickly. Frankly, I do not think any of the four have good judgement, so behavior surprises would be few and far between IMO.

My understanding is that in the Rochester area, the overwhelming popular opinion is that Tucci was nothing short of simply lucky by not being convicted in the legal system. Right or wrong, I think his "conviction" will be at the hands of the community should he choose to remain (which I doubt).

it was explained up thread. difference in state law. page or so back.

were they out on bail?
Yes, they were. Came & went freely. During deliberations, the sat in the lobby with spectators, reporters, etc. It seems that may be Alex, Colin, and Laura's last experience of 'freedom' for at least a while.

Ugghh...these people make my skin crawl. Glad the evil manipulative mother and oldest son convicted, but looks like Tucci got away with murder (possibly more than one -- wife's death quite questionable (alcohol??) -- esp. considering the affair had probably started before her death, given the speed with which Laura moved in with him (less than a month). How did the jury manage to overlook the fact that he went to Walmart with Laura to buy that stuff just before the murder, AND his DNA found inside blood-stained gloves, and I believe drops of Rideout's blood on his clothing.

Interesting that Colin mentioned younger sister also being involved in cleaning up blood in basement, but investigators apparently didn't pursue a case against her. That just makes my skin crawl...how that mother got at least one of her children to help her kill their father, and then 3 of them to help clean up his blood. And now all the children left without any parents at all.

Ugghh...these people make my skin crawl. Glad the evil manipulative mother and oldest son convicted, but looks like Tucci got away with murder (possibly more than one -- wife's death quite questionable (alcohol??) -- esp. considering the affair had probably started before her death, given the speed with which Laura moved in with him (less than a month). How did the jury manage to overlook the fact that he went to Walmart with Laura to buy that stuff just before the murder, AND his DNA found inside blood-stained gloves, and I believe drops of Rideout's blood on his clothing.

Interesting that Colin mentioned younger sister also being involved in cleaning up blood in basement, but investigators apparently didn't pursue a case against her. That just makes my skin crawl...how that mother got at least one of her children to help her kill their father, and then 3 of them to help clean up his blood. And now all the children left without any parents at all.

Pure scum.

I'm from that area, originally. This case makes me want to puke, and I blame the DA's office for not getting a conviction for Tucci. He comes across as your garden variety dirt ball from the East Coast. Slippery, knows "how to work the system", owns a shady small business, etc.

He even said in the WHEC interview that he was with Laura the day of the murder.

Sure they were together. At Hudson Ave. Wal Mart, Laura smiling away, a manipulative control-freak who had to get rid of the husband so she and Tucci could move to North Carolina.

Several people back home believe he was the killer, while the son (who was convicted of murder) helped.

I blame the DA's office. Each defendant should have been tried separately. Anyone who has been a juror during a trial would understand this, and I've been a juror in Monroe County, NY. The DA's office royally screwed up on this one.

yes it id rather awful. bad enough to off your kids dad, but to involve the kids as well is really effed. and yea idk how Tucci got off. because im sure laura couldn't have killed him herself. I dotn want to think about her son helping :( what a betrayal.

Ugghh...these people make my skin crawl. Glad the evil manipulative mother and oldest son convicted, but looks like Tucci got away with murder (possibly more than one

ugh I really feel for this guy. my husband went through this with one of the three kids, I cant imagine all of them scheming and lying for their mom. it was tense and awful having this brainwashed kid in the house spying on us and reporting back our every move and lying about us to court, police, CPS. the court saw through it thankfully and dad and the one kid go to therapy weekly. poor Craig.

"...paperwork says Colin then advises his sister to, "wipe your phone of all texts to Mum,""

http://13wham.com/news/local/new[/QUOTE]

In his interviews, it sounds like he is. I wish he were in jail with the rest of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back