GUILTY NY - Craig Rideout, 50, found murdered, Penfield, 19 July 2016

I do think he killed his first wife to be with Laura. The two couples were good friends.

Anyone know if there's been any revelation about really how long Paul Tucci and Laura Rideout were "being together"? I know she moved in with him right after his wife died, but it sure seems like there must have been something going on before that.

Juror on Rideout trial: Why we couldn't convict Paul Tucci

"On his sweatpants, there were streaking marks, then there were drops of blood on his shoes, then on the road," he continued. "It looked like he helped take the body out of the trunk."

However, the jury could not put Paul Tucci at the scene of the murder in Penfield, where the charges for tampering with evidence were written.

"We just couldn't do anything about it - that's how the law is, and what the evidence was showing us," the juror said. "Tucci's going to walk free, and that's not okay."

The sentencing date has been pushed back to October 13th.

classic... it looks as if Laura thinks the cameras are only at the exits and check out. she seems to separate herself and the girl (is that another of her kids?) when Colin pays and leaves and even sends the girl out the other door.

thee is no way Laura strangled Craig her damn self.

Never heard of this case before last night's Dateline. Poor Craig, betrayed by so many :(.

Never heard of this case before last night's Dateline. Poor Craig, betrayed by so many :(.

His own kids. My husband was on the receiving end of some parental alienation from one of the kids and it really hurt him. This was multiple kids w much worse PAS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rideout family gets max in murder case

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/10/13/rideout-sentencing-laura-colin-alex-craig-rideout-murder/722782001/

"Depending on who you listen to, Craig Rideout was either one of the most wonderful people ever put on this Earth ... or he was evil; diabolical," Moran said just before sentencing the two brothers and their mother. In the end, he decided, neither view was likely correct, and it didn't much matter anyway.

All three defendants received maximum sentences on every charge they faced, as Moran rejected their attorney's pleas for leniency.

It brings to a close — pending appeal — what Moran called "one of the ugliest things I've ever seen." Laura and Colin Rideout were convicted of strangling the victim with a homemade garrote, disfiguring his face with acid and dumping the body in a field, with Alex Rideout participating in the cover-up.

Also:

Family of Jennifer Tucci, late wife of Paul"P.J." Tucci, says her death was from liver disease

The family of the late Jennifer Tucci, who was married to Paul "P.J." Tucci at the time of her death, wants to bring a halt to the rumors that Tucci may have killed Jennifer.

"Jennifer's death, in August of 2014, was the result of liver disease from battling alcoholism," a statement from the family says. "She is one of the 88,000 people in this country who lose their long-fought battle with alcohol each year."

Laura Rideout to appeal murder conviction

http://www.mpnnow.com/news/20171017/laura-rideout-to-appeal-murder-conviction

"Those arguments reiterated the defense contention that the four defendants — Laura Rideout, her sons Colin and Alex, and her boyfriend Paul Tucci — should have been tried separately and that trying them together muddled the evidence and the arguments, keeping each defendant from being tried solely on the facts of his or her case without contamination by evidence that should apply only to other defendants."

Craig's mother says in her interview that she only speaks to one of her grandchildren and it's been that way since her son's murder. It's still remarkable to me that a mother could poison the thoughts (IMO) of her adult children so severely that it would conclude with murdering their father. Family is completely fractured due to selfish individuals.

Tucci now lives near the prison and visits Laura every other day.

Paul Tucci on anniversary of Rideout murder: 'We still don't know who killed the guy'

A year later, Paul Tucci maintains his innocence, but during the interview with the Democrat and Chronicle said he wouldn't discuss any details of the case. He doesn't want to say anything that might jeopardize the appeals of the three people who were convicted. Since there is no statute of limitations in a murder case, he also worries that prosecutors might go after other people who hadn’t been previously charged at some point in the future.

Tucci says he can't understand why the jury reached the conclusion they did, based on the facts that were admitted into evidence.

"It was not their job to, quote, 'figure it out'. The jury's job is to weigh the evidence that's presented, not to speculate on what happened, but that's what they did," Tucci said.

<snipped>

"It's still beyond my comprehension that they thought this was the only way out," Craig's sister, Robbyn Drew, said in an interview last week. "The ends didn't justify the means. They all are paying such a steep price."

Craig's mother, Agnes Rideout, echoed those sentiments.

"It was totally senseless," she said. "Colin's life is ruined, and Alex, too. When he comes out he'll have a criminal record."

<snipped>

Alex is eligible for parole in 2020, but because he has had no disciplinary infractions while in custody, he could be eligible for merit time. According to a spokesperson for the NYS Department of Corrections and Community Supervision, this means he could make his first appearance before the parole board in the summer of 2019.

Convicted of second-degree murder and two counts of tampering with physical evidence, Colin received a sentence with a minimum term of 26 years, four months and a maximum term of life. He'll be eligible for parole in 2043, when he's 50 years old.

Laura was convicted of murder and tampering as well as second-degree burglary. Her sentence will run a minimum of 37 years and 10 months. Her first parole date will be in 2055, when she'll be 83 years old.​

Sheesh. Paul Tucci. I respect his apparent devotion to Laura Rideout... no matter the reason. But, really, his ongoing "availability" to press leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

BTW, the Tucci residence is now showing "offer pending." Assuming that most of the proceeds will go to attorney fees(?).

Interesting that the D&C's Sean Lehman didn't cover what Tucci is doing other than the prison visits. Employed?

While sad & unfortunate, I am not at all surprised that there's no contact or relationship with the "grandchildren."

My stars! This case is revolting. I feel like Paul Tucci had to be involved by virtue of how he has defended Laura in spite of so much evidence. This story incites all of my mom ire about her. There is no reason why I would I involve my children in a murder plot. I mean, apart from the obvious, such as, I would never ever murder someone, just think about the damage she has done to her children, both those in on the plot, and those who are left behind. No mother with a heart would expose her kids to this kind of malignant thinking and life without their dad. Especially troubling are her instructions to Collin via the texts that were not admitted. Those texts were inappropriate on so many levels. She sounds like she's got some symptoms of BPD and NPD. I am left with the horrible feeling that she removed the one person who truly had their best interests at heart. I hope they come to realize what a foul person she is.

The Rochester Democrat & Chronicle has published a story that Laura Rideout has filed her appeal. From the story:
  • Laura Rideout denies killing her estranged husband but admits cleaning up the murder scene.
  • She points fingers at her sons as likely killers.
  • The appeal alleges the decision to try her and her sons together denied her a fair trial.
  • She asks for the conviction to be overturned or to be granted a new trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back