NY NY - Denise Sheehy, 16, Woodside, 7 July 1970

The number 7 train has been on queens Blvd there since the 1930s. Which would be like 3 or 4 blocks from the apartments. Now there is a connection to the Long Island Railroad on 61st which is only 2 subway stops from the subway stop closest to her apartment. The thing is I don't know if that connection was there in 1970. Good thought though.!!!

As far as I could remember growing up we always took the train to the city (the opposite direction) and the people that ever went to Long Island went by car or bus I think.
I was thinking maybe she thought she would get on the subway and go somewhere just to make her mom worry because she made her mad. But then something happened. But, usually the case tends to always end up being closer to home, once we find out what happened. I hope they can figure this out!

I grew up literally couple of blocks away from here. We kids used to get on the subway all the time and sneak under the turnstile for free. Getting on the subway was almost like second nature to us.
One thing that actually Just crossed my mind while I was typing about growing up is that Calvary Cemetary 2 is like 2 blocks from where she lived. (I know we used to hang out in the cemetery all the time too. It was like the park for us urban kids) . I wonder if something happened to her there and there was a funeral with an open grave that day or the next day and she ws buried in it. That thought Just came to my mind..
I wonder.. Now thinking I just wonder if she never left the neigborhood. There is also the Jewish Cemetary which I don't remember the name but they are right on the other side of Calvary 2 And Calvary 1 is a little further away from her house but still walking distance also.

Last edited:
2 QUEENS DEATHS LINKED TO HEROIN

I came across this a while ago and I don't remember if I ended up pasting the link here or not but there was drugs and always has been but apparently according to the paper in 1970 1971 people were overdosing on heroin at that time..right here in the area. I actually know this family. . maybe she had an accidental death and was buried in the Cemetary? Crazy thought I know but I guess anything is possible.
Iam also looking at the addresses mentioned in this article to her address they are so close and back in the day everybody knew everybody. Iam not saying she did drugs But it ws just a crazy thought.

Last edited:
I’ve always thought that Denise had simply run away from home because their is nothing that supports the theory that she was killed or died or that she was kidnapped. But know I think otherwise.

I wonder if they ever considered this UID found in NJ to be Denise
668UFNJ

I wonder if they ever considered this UID found in NJ to be Denise
668UFNJ
Good find. A lot of things seem to match, except for her clothing and jewelry, although she could have changed. But I doubt she would have gotten rid of her ring?

Iam actually passing by the block right now. Posting a photo of the building and the block. Pretty much looks the same as when I grew up. Just more gates around the buildings.

Attachments

• IMG_1426.PNG
    IMG_1426.PNG
    803.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1427.PNG
    IMG_1427.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 34
I came across this article from 1971 mentioning numerous heroin overdoses in the neighborhood and how there was a heavy heroin presence in the neighborhood . If you read the article they even mentions the block that Denise lived in as one if them. This brings me back to my theory of accidental overdose in the cemetery. Narcotics Are Complicating Sunnyside's Problems

Captain Langan said “a lot of the kids in the area are on junk — hard stuff.” Sunny side's drug traffic is concen trated in two areas, on 48th Avenue between 44th and 48th Streets, and in and around an old, pitted park at 43d Street and Greenpoint Avenue.

Last edited:
I came across this article from 1971 mentioning numerous heroin overdoses in the neighborhood and how there was a heavy heroin presence in the neighborhood . If you read the article they even mentions the block that Denise lived in as one if them. This brings me back to my theory of accidental overdose in the cemetery. Narcotics Are Complicating Sunnyside's Problems

Captain Langan said “a lot of the kids in the area are on junk — hard stuff.” Sunny side's drug traffic is concen trated in two areas, on 48th Avenue between 44th and 48th Streets, and in and around an old, pitted park at 43d Street and Greenpoint Avenue.
Oh wow. Which is now an epidemic. I hope that wasn’t the case with her.
What’s weird is there’s a lady at work I first noticed yesterday that reminds me of Denise. But she is in her early 50’s maybe.

Denise is would be 64 if still alive
Oh is now an epidemic. I hope that wasn’t the case with her.
What’s weird is there’s a lady at work I first noticed yesterday that reminds me of Denise. But she is in her early 50’s maybe.
Yes it's true it's an epidemic again. The plague of drugs in the city seems to come in cycles.
Yes Mysteries1974 is right Denise would be much older than in her early 50s today.

Last edited:
I never realized denise sheehy was on the ruleout list for Annie Doe. I wonder how many other ruleout lists she is on.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back