NY NY - Irondequoit, WhtFem 14-23, 122UFNY, skeletal in shallow grave, front teeth overlap, Jul'88

Original
NCMU1106805c1.jpg

Irondequoit Jane Doe UP2607Janice Kathryn Pockett MP2555
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age14 - 237
DLC/DOD1958 - 1978 (Likely before early 60s)July 26, 1973
Height4'10 - 5'54'
WeightUnknown65 pounds
Hair ColorUnknownBlonde
Eye ColorUnknownBlue
Distinctive FeaturesUnknown/NoneUnknown/None
CircumstancesFound in a shallow grave in the back yard of a home.Left home on bicycle, which was found near a wooded area.
DistanceIrondequoit - Tolland351 miles

I can't see this being Janice. I feel that investigators would be able to tell a 7-year-old and 14 - 23-year-old apart fairly easily. Also, Irondequoit Jane Doe was nearly a foot taller than Janice. Distance also isn't favourable. I think we can safely rule out Janice on the inconsistencies alone.
Janice looks to have very distinctive teeth. I know she is young, but that is a big, uneven gap with angling between her adult front teeth, that I can't imagine would have closed completely and straightened with other adult teeth growing in. If they have dentals on both, it could be an easy rule out.

MOO

Janice looks to have very distinctive teeth. I know she is young, but that is a big, uneven gap with angling between her adult front teeth, that I can't imagine would have closed completely and straightened with other adult teeth growing in. If they have dentals on both, it could be an easy rule out.

MOO
While the teeth of Janice do make an eyebrow raise for a minute, Jane Doe had extensive dental work performed including gold foil restoration on many of her teeth. I don't imagine at 7 that Janice not only had all of her adult teeth, but also to the point where dental work was necessary on them? I am always open-minded, and don't put too much stock in age ranges, but between the teeth, distance, and year Janice went missing, I agree with @SimsGuy67 and would also confidently rule her out.

If you go back a few pages in this thread, you'll see that a Irondequoit Town Board meeting in March 2022 greenlit funds for genealogy testing for IJD, and she would be most likely be worked on by NCMEC and Parabon Nanolabs.
Found another Irondequoit Town Board meeting agenda, -this one from October 2022- where "the Irondequoit Police Department would like to use the resources of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) to upload a DNA profile to attempt to identify a Jane Doe case from 1988 (...) NCMEC has a working relationship with Bode Technology which allows it to facilitate DNA testing and genealogy at no charge to the law enforcement agency submitting the sample to be tested."

It basically says the same as the March Town Board meeting agenda, except it's Bode Technology instead of Parabon Nanolabs (NCMEC is partnered up with several FIGG services).
The issue is described on page 72.

https://www.irondequoit.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_10182022-94

NCMEC has also narrowed down her estimated age to 15-19 years old.

Found another Irondequoit Town Board meeting agenda, -this one from October 2022- where "the Irondequoit Police Department would like to use the resources of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) to upload a DNA profile to attempt to identify a Jane Doe case from 1988 (...) NCMEC has a working relationship with Bode Technology which allows it to facilitate DNA testing and genealogy at no charge to the law enforcement agency submitting the sample to be tested."

It basically says the same as the March Town Board meeting agenda, except it's Bode Technology instead of Parabon Nanolabs (NCMEC is partnered up with several FIGG services).
The issue is described on page 72.

https://www.irondequoit.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_10182022-94

NCMEC has also narrowed down her estimated age to 15-19 years old.

Good find! That's encouraging that an additional agency is being used as another resource in this case! Answers are coming..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back