NY NY - Janice Fullam, 17, Smithtown, 30 Oct 1981

To compare. It looks like Janice had straight hair to me, and if she was on the road, she probably would not have been doing the "curling iron & hair spray" think you needed to get the Farrah flip her hair style required in these pics. I could see a guy describing her hair as long and straight.

The last pic is a forensic reconstruction via Investigators hope facial reconstruction leads to murdered woman's identity Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 8.51.43 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 8.52.56 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 8.57.21 AM.png

I have insomnia, so put the most recent UID pic through Artbreeder to try changing the hair & eyes to brown. I'm not skilled at this, but hmmm? Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 8.51.43 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 8.33.08 AM.png

Possibly the Cheerleader in the Trunk? I don't know if this match sounds good or not but she went missing only 4 hours away which is not much. This is my first time working on this case so I'm not perfect at finding matches for her yet so this may be good, may be bad. She also isn't excluded to my knowledge.
431UFMD8_LARGE.jpg
Original

Here is a table:
Cheerleader in the Trunk (1982) UP7477Janice Fullam MP4535Possible?
SexFemaleFemaleMatch
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/CaucasianMatch
Age17-45 (Likely 17-27)17Match
Height5'2 - 5'65'7Match/Possible
Weight100-130lbs120lbsMatch
DLC/DODSpring 1982 - 1972October 30, 1981Match
Hair ColorDark-Reddish BrownBrownMatch
Eye ColorUnknownGreenUnknown
Distinguishing FeaturesSpondylolysis which may be asymptomatic, previous injuries to back and feet.OverbitePossible
CircumstancesFound in a trunk.Missing walking to meet with her brother.Possible
DistanceHauppauge-Frederick289 miles (4hr 42min)Possible/Match
Sorry if she has been mentioned or considered before! Here is the Doe's thread:

Janice does not appear on the list of exclusions in NAMUS. I would go ahead and submit her. Nothing to lose!

Submitted her about a week ago. She has not been considered.
It can take a really long time, if ever. Hopefully someone will take a look.

Edited: not to be discouraging. Just that it is the holiday season, and response time, and so on really varies. I've submitted and received a response along the lines of "will look into this and let you know if _" literally within a few minutes, and also have felt I sent things into The Void.

It can take a really long time, if ever. Hopefully someone will take a look.

Edited: not to be discouraging. Just that it is the holiday season, and response time, and so on really varies. I've submitted and received a response along the lines of "will look into this and let you know if _" literally within a few minutes, and also have felt I sent things into The Void.
I know. I have received the same copy-paste email many times. It's not their fault though, they're busy people and the match will eventually get looked at! I have come to accept that and I'm happy I learnt that when I started.

I sent a match between the Valencia Jane Doe (The one on my profile) and Andria Bailey on August 31st. The match was sent to LE on September 30th and that is the latest update and it has been about 2 months. I'm not bothered about it, it just means I have more time to look for other matches! Janice will take longer though as Andria and this Doe have DNA available but one is not in CODIS or any database as why would they send the match?

Janice has no dentals while dentals are the Cheerleader's only identifier. Luckily, Identifiers has expressed some interest in trying to extract DNA from the remains or her belongings and DNA is something that will either help or partially solve this case.

I heard back and it's probably not her, due to dental inconsistencies. They also said "Janice's case reads more like foul play closer to home". Not sure what that means.

I heard back and it's probably not her, due to dental inconsistencies. They also said "Janice's case reads more like foul play closer to home". Not sure what that means.
Oh that is Interesting… for so long they were saying she was a runaway or fugitive.

Oh that is Interesting… for so long they were saying she was a runaway or fugitive.
Janice’s activities related to drug dealing and her previous trouble with the law in regards to it are what’s believed to have caused her disappearance. She tried to act as a police rat to get a lesser sentence for the charges since she got caught selling to an undercover cop three times. It’s believed her “friends” or others she knew killed her to silence her so she wouldn’t rat them out.

On Long Island, many of the youth are involved in marijuana and other recreational drugs. Back then, much of that stuff was illegal and considered immoral. A lot kids/teens got super angry at whoever ruined their reputation in the small town setting nightmare that is Long Island. Talking from experience because I live here and it can be dreadful.

This was recent. But unfortunately there is no follow up or any other guy there informations do we don’t know how old or anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back