NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That photo looks fake and the source seems like a clickbait account because it just posts the same things over and over. It looks fake because her hair would have been up most likely and not curly. Otherwise, it would have looked down and/or curly in the video. If she was ambushed, I don't see why she would put her hair down and she was most likely initially grabbed by her ponytail.

Also - was excited to see a police statement, but I'm wondering what the point of it is? They are saying what we are all hoping, yet it's no new news at all.

That photo looks fake and the source seems like a clickbait account because it just posts the same things over and over. It looks fake because her hair would have been up most likely and not curly. Otherwise, it would have looked down and/or curly in the video. If she was ambushed, I don't see why she would put her hair down and she was most likely initially grabbed by her ponytail.

Also - was excited to see a police statement, but I'm wondering what the point of it is? They are saying what we are all hoping, yet it's no new news at all.

I think it's her. The photo was taken after she arrived at the ME I'm guessing. They need to take her hair out of a ponytail before they begin the actual post mortem. Also, don't forget she was found in a marshy area. The curls could be from that or this may have been taken after the post when they rinsed her off. The person who took this photo was smart enough to not show any background so it's hard to tell when it could have been taken. It could be at the funeral home, but I'd like to think one of my fellow funeral directors wouldn't be so heartless and stupid. I'm leaning more toward it being a morgue worker since there's enough people in and out of those places. A funeral home knows very well the handful of people who have access to their prep room

Hey i found this site because i had been following the tragedy as well since i had family in that area of queens and after just looking at that pic i dont think its real due to the hairline. besides how would a miami based twitter page get it b4 a NY page ? Also ive had 2 people tell me since the tragedy that they are told by people in the know that her father was involved with maffia. just somthing to think about. Wonder what will happen to the money if killer isnt found, also there are several odd things about this case..Father reports her missing at 7pm after a 5pm jog? Jumping the gun dont u think? JMO.. a few other things as well dont seem right..

Interesting, I find things a bit odd too.. He was very quick to raise tons of money rather than letting nypd do their job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey i found this site because i had been following the tragedy as well since i had family in that area of queens and after just looking at that pic i dont think its real due to the hairline. besides how would a miami based twitter page get it b4 a NY page ? Also ive had 2 people tell me since the tragedy that they are told by people in the know that her father was involved with maffia. just somthing to think about. Wonder what will happen to the money if killer isnt found, also there are several odd things about this case..Father reports her missing at 7pm after a 5pm jog? Jumping the gun dont u think? JMO.. a few other things as well dont seem right..

I've always wondered if this crime revolved around punishing the dad more so then it was about Karina.

Some have shrugged off the idea that it could be a "mob hit" but I think if it was more to punish the father (i.e. Keep him inline), so they made it look like she was violated in the worst ways any father can imagine for his little girl.

Also the mob thing, with the jaw injury....could it be a message....as in "keep your mouth shut"?

A "business" connection might also be aware of his back injury and running schedule, they wouldn't have looked out of place in the neighborhood, and even if someone spotted them, who would speak?

Regarding the timing....could the dad have gotten a threatening phone call or text?

NYPD Confident Police Will Make Arrest in Rape and Murder of Karina Vetrano, Chief of Detectives Says
By NY1 News

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 05:11 PM EDT

[... according to]

NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce. I think we have twelve open that we're vetting right now, so we wanna keep this going as we go forward. We have alot of perseverance in this case, we do believe we'll make an arrest in this case."

[....]

Slain jogger Karina Vetrano case will see arrest, NYPD says
By Anthony M. DeStefano, Newsday

Sept 21 16 7:12 pm

A top NYPD official on Wednesday expressed cautious optimism detectives might be able to solve the slaying of Howard Beach jogger Karina Vetrano.

[...]

Queens detectives have been following numerous leads and canvassing the areas of Howard Beach, Lindenwood in Queens and parts of the East New York section of Brooklyn, investigators said.

[...]

Boyce called Philip Vetrano a “partner” in the investigation

[...]

“The reward is high enough,” Philip Vetrano said in a page posting. “I want to start a fund to catch the killer, that would be used to hire outside sources to track down and bring this person to justice.”

[...]

They are working extremely hard to follow leads,”

[...]

“I am in touch with police every day and they tell me what they can tell me. . . . they are optimistic.”

[...]

50 other runners plan to take part in Sunday’s Tunnel to Towers run wearing purple shirts embossed with the initials “KV” honoring his daughter.

~

as an aside: I read yesterday, didn't record the link, but it may have been in the Jersey press, an invitation has been extended to the Marine's who missed a the race at Shore to attend the Tunnel to Tower race

NYPD Confident Police Will Make Arrest in Rape and Murder of Karina Vetrano, Chief of Detectives Says

http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...karina-vetrano--chief-of-detectives-says.html

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...ano-case-will-see-arrest-nypd-says-1.12349426

Perhaps, they're thinking they may hit a familial match on the DNA to find a poss relative of the perp

Thank you, epiphany, for this news.

I think the timing of him thinking she was missing was "odd" to some because of how soon he started to worry.
I didn't find it odd at all. He ran with her, he knew when she should be back, he knew she would answer her phone if called, I believe she was coming back to their house to have dinner. I would panic as well even if it was only an hour that passed by.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think the insinuations that the father could have anything to do with this are absurd. This woman is on video running alone. He isn't there. She was an incredibly gorgeous and sexy woman, but that doesn't mean her own father would "want" her in that way. Could someone possibly have murdered her to get at him? Possibly I guess, but if that's the case I hope that only makes it more likely they'll catch the perpetrator.

Now father is going to try to raise more money in a separate funding to "Hire a Private Investigator".. <modsnip>

I think the timing of him thinking she was missing was "odd" to some because of how soon he started to worry.
I didn't find it odd at all. He ran with her, he knew when she should be back, he knew she would answer her phone if called, I believe she was coming back to their house to have dinner. I would panic as well even if it was only an hour that passed by.

Exactly. He ran that route with her and he knew when she started the run. He knew when his daughter should have returned home and he knew something prevented her from returning and from calling.

The father and his adult daughter were friends and running partners as well as being family. I agree that at first glance he seemed a bit too informed....but I don't think that at all now.

He knew her route. He was attached to his daughter. He is a retired fireman - those guys have it in their blood to rush into a situation on their own - he is not the type to sit home while others search. The fact that HE found her fits with his fire-fighter and rescue background.

Nothing I've learned so far from following this case leads me to believe that this has anything at all do to with the father. I do think he is misguided in thinking that money will bring forward a tip and I think insulting the perp like the mother did will not bring tipsters forward....but I don't fault them for attempts that differ from my opinion! They are doing what they think is right to catch the perp, and they are, of course, in mourning.

Thankfully we are a victim-friendly message board here at WS and the father is a victim.

jmopinion with what we know now.

The amount of the reward money is a reflection of both local and a broader community support for the family and for justice to be served.

Family is of Italian descent and being of Italian descent even if from HB

DOES NOT mean one is affiliated with the mafia!

In this specific case, it is only from ignorance that one would suggest the father is involved or is interested in any financial gain.

NYPD has long ago cleared him of any involvement

The amount of the reward money is a reflection of both local and a broader community support for the family and for justice to be served.

In this specific case, it is only from ignorance that one would suggest the father is involved or is interested in any financial gain.

Thank you, all my thoughts. Saved me time typing it out!

Interesting, I find things a bit odd too.. He was very quick to raise tons of money rather than letting nypd do their job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Part of the NYPD job is asking the public for help. The biggest fear the Vetrano family may have is the case going cold. Loose lips sink ships. This is where reward money comes in. Someone knows him.

I agree. If I know my kid usually goes running for an hour and he's not back after two hours, I would think something happened.
(I'm also on WS...so extra dose of paranoia is always added!)

Of course no one would think that just because he is Italian means he's in the mafia.

But what I will say is that in communities like that, where everyone knows everyone, it's likely he does know people who are in the mafia simply because he grew up with them.

Now I'm not familiar with HB. But I am familiar with Southie. And I can tell you everyone around whiteys age, had known whitey growing up. And I know even if you weren't part of the mafia, if you grew up with those guys and they asked you to do a small favor (like hold onto something), and handed you money, you did it and you didn't ask questions. That whole are us very interconnected because guys that grew up together as kids....some joined the mob, some joined the FBI but as we all know their true loyalties were still to each other and that neighborhood. Again that's Southie back in the day, which I don't know but would guess could be similar to HB in the closeknit we all grew up together regard.

That being said I don't think the father was in the mafia....but I think he was likely connected in some regards to people that were.

I also believe the father is a victim in this crime and I don't think he did anything wrong.

But I do think it's possible, knowing how close he is to his daughter, that if someone did want to send a message some how or punish the dad, they might just do it in a way that would hurt most of all...by go after his pride and joy.

IF daddy is a mafioso, I feel sorry for the killer, the killer's family, the killer's pets, the killer's friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean