GUILTY NY - Leiby Kletzky, 8, Brooklyn, 11 July 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the woman that gave him directions contacted police? I mean, I am west coast right now and know about this. I am assuming that everyone in walking area of where this child was does as well.

This is too scary...he should have been found and/or reported by some adult last night, if he was walking around alone much after the last sighting...or by LE or transit police, someone should have seen him...:(

did he have a phone????

Not that I am aware of. I meant anyone he asked for directions would likely have a cell phon. My son in that situation would likely ask a stranger to call our house or his grandma's....... He'd be thinking along the lines of what he is taught in school. Call 911 give them your telephone number and address. A lost child might not think to call 911 because they could not provide 911 an address. (I'm just learning that with my son).

Not that I am aware of. I meant anyone he asked for directions would likely have a cell phon. My son in that situation would likely ask a stranger to call our house or his grandma's....... He'd be thinking along the lines of what he is taught in school. Call 911 give them your telephone number and address. A lost child might not think to call 911 because they could not provide 911 an address. (I'm just learning that with my son).

oh how I wish he had a phone... he seems to have been wandering all over the place!

#BPboy is the hash tag they are asking people to use. (I'm very new to reading tweets, usually just read what is posted here.)

so raise your hand if you think this little fella got lost out of his mind? ((I am leaning that way))

so raise your hand if you think this little fella got lost out of his mind? ((I am leaning that way))

Lost out of his mind. Praying whomever he asked for directions has contacted LE.

Where could he be in such a huge city without being found?

I just wish he would sit down in one place... note to self: to tell ds that if he is ever lost to sit down and don't move! this is so skeery!

sort of OT.. but we lived in Germany with the army for six years and took a trip to berlin with friends... one friend had a young daughter this age with downs syndrome... well to make a long story short... she took off running in the bahn haus (train station) and got on a train to an unknown location!!! We turned our backs for a second and she had run off and boarded another train (and we did not know which one)... it took us all day to find her.. she never quit moving. We finally found her at a kinder school.. she was chatting it up with the teachers and having a good time..

lost in a big city: big trouble.. I am glad LE is on this right away

I think it is hard for city kids unless they learn the numbering system. The buildings and homes look so much alike it is hard to distinquish between land marks.

Looking at the locations he was seen on survellience it appears he walked about 3 miles. that is a lot for a child his age, especially one used to taking the bus.

I am now wondering if he might have gotten on a bus trying to get back home. Is there anywhere to hide on a train in the subway or on a bus?

[video=youtube;1ianYeVy2-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ianYeVy2-s&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

18th ave video from twitter

“He normally took a bus down, you know, like every child, he wanted a little bit of independence, wanted to do a little bit of walking on his own,” said Brooklyn Assemblyman Dov Hikind. “So they had decided that they were going to — instead of walking all the way home, the mother was going to meet him just two blocks or so away from the day camp. The day camp is at 12th Avenue and 44th street, and the mother was meeting him at 13th Avenue, just one street over. Never arrived. Never showed up.”

http://brooklyn.ny1.com/content/top_stories/142729/surveillance-video-shows-missing-brooklyn-boy

7 blocks... 1 block... walked with a friend... walked alone..

color me confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member