GUILTY NY - Leiby Kletzky, 8, Brooklyn, 11 July 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you visit one of these communities in Brooklyn, it is almost a time warp to pre-World War II Poland and Yiddish is a common although not universally used languge among them.

as for their distrust of outsiders, does anyone think it was coincidence that there were that many surveillance cameras in so many different locations?

Completely and wholeheartedly agree. I think there is far more to this crime than has been reported yet. It seems that so many of these "stranger abductions" have a sexual component to them. :( Even crimes without overt sexual assault sometimes have a sexual undertone.

Frankly, I just can't see any other motive. But maybe I am jaded. Why else would a man pick up a vulnerable and unknown child and take him to his apartment. If there was even the slightest chance this being a well intentioned man, he would not have "panicked." He would have ran him home.
I feel he either sexually assaulted this precious child then panicked or he is simply a violent predator who chose to hurt this child for reasons of power like many serial killers. Judging by that report that other children have been offered rides by LA I am leaning towards the first scenario. so sad. so very very sad.

Also, There have been no reports of LA being mentally challenged. So IMO he had purely criminal intentions towards this child.

I'm gonna bet LE finds all kinds of evidence of child *advertiser censored* and perhaps other victims. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say LE will find evidence on this 's computer or some kind of photo's or video of him assaulting Leibby. just my gut. This perp is too sick not to have 'trophy's' allowing him to relive his past transgressions.

jmo

My friend tells her children if they are lost to go up to an older woman for help. Not a failsafe, obviously, but certainly lowers the odds. I can't imagine the agony his parents are in. I'm clinging to my no death penalty stance by my fingernails these days.

My fingernails are weakened with every case like this, so I am totally in the same same situation. Yet logic tells me it would not have stopped this strange misfit of a man from doing what he did. And if mental illness is a factor, no threat of any sort of punishment would have made a difference. This is tragic on so many many levels my head cannot comprehend it all. Leiby will not ever be forgotten.

SK grew up with Aron, has known him for 25 years. He says the past five or 6 years have been very stressful for the 35 year old. He said he death of Aron's mother was traumatic, but it's a long way from the loss of a parent to a vicious murder.

"He should get help. He should get lots of help," Kaplan said.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=8247399

GMAB. LA is not the victim here. He doesn't need help. He needs to be locked up and permanently kept from society so he never harms an innocent child or person ever again. LA is as sick as John Wayne Gacy or Jeffrey Dahmer, there IS NO HELP for these kind of people.( and thanks to the state of Wisconsin we all know the DP isn't always necessary. )

I personally do not believe people like LA exist without demonstrating yellow flags that people choose to explain away. People need to pay more attention to those warning signs and listen to them. Just like when something looks too good to be true it probably is; when something just isn't right, it probably isn't.

The people who need help are those who will now live with the tremendous pain and greif over losing an innocent child. I will continue to pray for Leiby's family, his community and all who knew and loved him as they face the road of trying to put their lives back together after this terrible loss.

I know little about the suspect other than what few details are out there.

at the risk of stating the obvious to those familiar with the Orthodox community, a 35 y.o. unmarried man is an oddity in and of itself and begs the question why he was not married. Two reasons come to mind - one he was gay but even within that community they often marry to conform or two he really was a mental case and no one would have him.

I wonder what the neighbors really thought of him prior to this crime but another cultural quirk is that they are supposed to avoid gossip, but you know full well there is plenty of it in a contained community.

Ask a Mom with small kids for help if you get lost.

This is what I tell my kids too... It's a sad world we live in when I have to tell my kids to only choose a mommy if they ever need help.

at the risk of stating the obvious to those familiar with the Orthodox community, a 35 y.o. unmarried man is an oddity in and of itself and begs the question why he was not married. Two reasons come to mind - one he was gay but even within that community they often marry to conform or two he really was a mental case and no one would have him.

I wonder what the neighbors really thought of him prior to this crime but another cultural quirk is that they are supposed to avoid gossip, but you know full well there is plenty of it in a contained community.

I can't add a link right now, but if you have read the links in this thread LA's ex wife describes their relationship more like "brother and sister". Giant clue right there! She describes being shocked that he could do this, but her father, LA's ex FIL states there was always something just creepy (paraphrased) about AL.

jmo

BBM. This is what pizzes me off to no end these days. People are so wrapped up in themselves they fail to see when someone like Leiby is in need, or they are simply in too much of a hurry to be bothered. Reminds me of a thread I read, forget where it occured but people literally stepped over a dead body on the sidewalk and some stopped to take pictures on their cell phone before continuing on. grrrrrrr

It only takes a few moments for kindness. think of all those who saw Leiby, did not stop to offer assistance and later learned of his demise. I'd be beside myself. I know those of us at WS would stop and help, even if it meant funny stares, angry comments from someone who misunderstood, or even the police being called.

God Bless Leiby's family and may he rest in peace.

Sadly, I don't think Leiby had a chance. This monster stalked him. He didn't just happen to be there. I think it's unfair to blame the public. The blame should be where it belongs.......at the evil disgusting who did this to Leiby.

I think being divorced in this community is a flag as well, but we don't know how observant the suspect is-wow, that sounds stupid even typing it, obviously he was not observing any sort of religion if he could commit this horrible act.

I'm sure more and more will come out about AL. I would not be surprised to read of his harming and torturing animals as a child or teen. People don't just start dismemberment at 35 on a child.

jmo

He was divorced.

I think being divorced in this community is a flag as well, but we don't know how observant the suspect is-wow, that sounds stupid even typing it, obviously he was not observing any sort of religion if he could commit this horrible act.

not as much as you'd assume. divorce is frowned upon but not unheard of. a key element of a Jewish wedding, even more so among the observant is the Kotuba (I probably misspelled that) which is a religious marriage contract. it does comtemplate the possibility of divorce.

I'm gonna bet LE finds all kinds of evidence of child *advertiser censored* and perhaps other victims. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say LE will find evidence on this 's computer or some kind of photo's or video of him assaulting Leibby. just my gut. This perp is too sick not to have 'trophy's' allowing him to relive his past transgressions.

jmo

Exactly. And, I would bet this wasn't a first time act/caught. What are the odds. You have to be pretty brazen to snatch a kid off the street in broad daylight. No the MO of a novice. IMO of course.

who takes a little lost boy back to their apartment?

who kills a little boy when he finds out everyone is looking for him?

we all know why... this guy was a predator waiting to happen and decided to act that day... (moo)

eta: oh yeah.. and forgot to add: who goes to work the next day like nothing is wrong?????

I only know of one other person who went on with their life shortly after they murdered.

In case it hasn't already been posted, here is the Twitter feed for Hatzolah, which is the emergency response organization run by Orthodox Jews:

http://twitter.com/#!/HatzolahNYC

I notice one tweet saying that a healthy 60-year-old woman was watching the news and heard about this case and had a heart attack and died! :(

He was divorced.

they can remarry so his being unmarried, albeit divorced is still uncommon. it is easier for Orthodox men to remarry as the man has to give the ex-wife permission so to speak for her to remarry. it is called a "get". an ex-wife cannot remarry in that community unless the husband gave a get.

Sadly, I don't think Leiby had a chance. This monster stalked him. He didn't just happen to be there. I think it's unfair to blame the public. The blame should be where it belongs.......at the evil disgusting who did this to Leiby.

I'm not blaming the public. I'm just saying in general people are so busy with their lives we need to as a society keep our eyes and ears open for those who may become victims. We need to get past the it's someone else's problem, someone else will take care of it. What are the odds a lost child in a community of how many million becomes the target of one sicko at a busy intersection in the middle of rush hour traffic?

All of us here at WS know stranger abduction is far rarer than a child being abused by someone they know. So, we NEED to as a society ensure our youngest and weakest are not ignored allowing the odds for stranger abduction to increase. Not just to predators like LA, but to all types of crimes or accidents those who are weakest in society may encounter.

JMO respectfully (not venting at you n/t, venting in general. )

My thought is he was not an observant orthodox Jew. He lived there (in the Hasidic part of Brooklyn) recently, but in the past had been to TN. And he's divorced. And he doesn't wear the religious clothing in his pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201