NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Scandi, thanks, as always! As noted by dcgrumpy, the call started at 2 p.m.

I think that this goes to the root of why Brewer wanted her to leave. I think that the "date" was contracted for two hours. I think that, for whatever reason (being high? being unhappy with the obligatory "tip"?), Shannan did not want to leave. He actually left his own house with this intoxicated woman inside.

By the way, none of this account makes Brewer seem like the meticulous, savvy serial killer of Gilgo Beach.

you have posted this once before about Brewer having left his own house....

where can I find that account?

So true Chanler. Also, Sherre did say the name of a Dr who Shannan had mentioned on her 911 call. I need to go find that link. I do remember it was about 27 min into the tape I listened to.

Hi, Scandi. I think that doctor Sherre mentioned was not from the 911, but from the weird phone call that she said that her mother soon after the disappearance.

Hi, MrsPC; he had to leave his house to get the driver at the gate. I'll try to find the link.

Hi, Scandi. I think that doctor Sherre mentioned was not from the 911, but from the weird phone call that she said that her mother soon after the disappearance.
I found this:

"the family said that:

""Her last phone call was 21 minutes to 911, when she was grabbed and pulled into a truck, the police missed her by about 5," said Mari Gilbert, Shannon's mother.

"She was basically running away, trying to leave, and it was her going 'get away from me, get away from me', running and knocking on neighbor's doors," said Sherre Gilberg, Shannon's sister.

"Screaming, 'help me, help me, he's trying to kill me," Mari Gilbert said.

Gilbert's family did not hear the 911 calls themselves, but say detectives told them about it and that Shannon, who was working as a prostitute, named her attacker."

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...rbs&id=7843812

Here is a post by our BettyP I saved:

"http://bayridgejournal.blogspot.com/...lgo-beach.html

The article at the above link has a great deal of information that answers a lot of questions:

* SG made the 911 call from inside JB's home, #8 Fairway, Oak Beach, NY

* SG told 911 the name of the person who was trying to kill her

* The "john", JB, was given a lie detector test and results were inconclusive

* JB drives an SUV, which was impounded, searched and released

* JB's family owns several rental properties around Suffolk County, including the Oak Beach house

* JB had been living apart from his wife and children. He lived at the Oak Beach family owned rental property while his wife and kids lived with his mother. After the SG incident, JB moved back into his mother's home in W Islip, NY. The Oak Beach house has been sold. Its on the market again, here's the listing

* JB's neighbors at Oak Beach were suspicious of him, recounting an incident when he and another man were seen loading something into a UHaul van next to his house at night, with no lights on".

REMEMBER THIS:

""It's unclear if police hunting for a possible serial killer consider the man Gilbert visited a suspect. A resident of the beachfront community described him as an oddball.
"That guy always gave me the creeps," the neighbor said. "One night about two months ago, he parked a U-Haul van on the side of the house. It was the strangest thing," the neighbor added.
"He and another man were packing the truck up in the dark. They moved real fast. It took about fifteen minutes. They didn't turn any lights on except one little light. That was the last time I saw him."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...#ixzz1IhilP3J8

PS: I think it is always good to review. Ya Ya

I think what you all are referring to is the interview given by Shannan's sister at HereWomenTalk.com wherein she gives the doctor's name as being on the 911 tape. She discusses the call he made to Shannan's mother claiming he kept Shannan overnight at his treatment center and she discusses how Shannan's two sisters went to Mr. Hyde's house to confront him, at which time he denied ever making the call.

I found this:

"the family said that:

""Her last phone call was 21 minutes to 911, when she was grabbed and pulled into a truck, the police missed her by about 5," said Mari Gilbert, Shannon's mother.

"She was basically running away, trying to leave, and it was her going 'get away from me, get away from me', running and knocking on neighbor's doors," said Sherre Gilberg, Shannon's sister.

Gilbert's family did not hear the 911 calls themselves, but say detectives told them about it and that Shannon, who was working as a prostitute, named her attacker."

Where does it mention the doctor?

It seems to me that SG ran from the driver (MP), not once, but twice. She ran from JB's home after MP showed up, and then she could have seen his SUV driving down in front of GC's home when she was hiding under the boat, but she ran again. There are apparently a lot of MP's in the various databases, but I did manage to find one who is from "Flushing, NY and Commack, NY", and has connections with "Kennesaw, GA", and some of the same relatives. There is also a "church" in Flushing, NY connected to an MP, who is a 'reverand' at this church. This church has advertised during the June-Aug 2010 time period for "Help in making phone calls to candidates and visit residences and invite them to vacation Bible school". This church is also listed as a "business" - which I would assume could give someone a good tax-exempt status. I hope LE has investigated the driver very well, and has spoken with other girls about how they connected and communicated with this MP guy. :twocents: It is also somewhat interesting to me that there is a "church" connection here since I am convinced the burlap means something more than a convenient disposal item.

Hi, Reannan. Shannan did leave after the driver arrived, but that misses the fact that she left the house after he returned to his car. As for Coletti's accounts vary, but I have seen none that say that Shannan ran off when he was in view. The driver (who as far as I know has no church connection, whatever that might mean) returned the next morning to talk with people who might have seen and they called police.

Hi, MrsPC; he had to leave his house to get the driver at the gate. I'll try to find the link.

I have never heard that JB left his house to let the driver in either. A local poster previously said the gates can be opened with a cell phone and I don't believe JB had to actually go to the gait.

I think what you all are referring to is the interview given by Shannan's sister at HereWomenTalk.com wherein she gives the doctor's name as being on the 911 tape. She discusses the call he made to Shannan's mother claiming he kept Shannan overnight at his treatment center and she discusses how Shannan's two sisters went to Mr. Hyde's house to confront him, at which time he denied ever making the call.

Hi, Redbird, and thanks for the note which adds specificity. To my memory (and I did hear the interview), it's accurate about all but one point: I don't believe that she claimed that his name was on the 911 call. (And since the mother said that Shannan knew the person named on the tape, that would have been one heavily smoking gun.)

Yes, that's it. I just found I had saved the link in a post here at WS:

"http://herewomentalkradio.com/home/archives_details/650

26 minutes in - interview with Shannon's sister - she talks about the doctor, about talking to JB, finding the earring, the police finding Shannon's coat and then losing it, and more..." Snapdragon

Hi, Redbird, and thanks for the note which adds specificity. To my memory (and I did hear the interview), it's accurate about all but one point: I don't believe that she claimed that his name was on the 911 call. (And since the mother said that Shannan knew the person named on the tape, that would have been one heavily smoking gun.)

This is a fine point, and I think you are right, Chanler, or is Scandi right? I only listened to the tape once and I thought she did not actually say the doctor was the person named on the tape, but she was talking about the fact that a person had been named and then she immediately started talking about the doctor, so that it would be easy to think it was the doctor that was named. But if you have listened to it more closely Scandi I would love to hear that she actually named the doctor as the person.

I found this:

"the family said that:

Here is a post by our BettyP I saved:

"http://bayridgejournal.blogspot.com/...lgo-beach.html

The article at the above link has a great deal of information that answers a lot of questions:

* SG made the 911 call from inside JB's home, #8 Fairway, Oak Beach, NY

* SG told 911 the name of the person who was trying to kill her

* The "john", JB, was given a lie detector test and results were inconclusive

* JB drives an SUV, which was impounded, searched and released

* JB's family owns several rental properties around Suffolk County, including the Oak Beach house

* JB had been living apart from his wife and children. He lived at the Oak Beach family owned rental property while his wife and kids lived with his mother. After the SG incident, JB moved back into his mother's home in W Islip, NY. The Oak Beach house has been sold. Its on the market again, here's the listing

* JB's neighbors at Oak Beach were suspicious of him, recounting an incident when he and another man were seen loading something into a UHaul van next to his house at night, with no lights on".

PS: I think it is always good to review. Ya Ya

As always, Scandi, you're a joy. As I have noted, Shannan's family have said both that they have heard the 911 call and that they haven't. That somehow the tape renders not only Shannan's capture, but the vehicle in which she was taken seems to me unlikely. Also, even the very vocal Mr. Coletti has not mentioned that Shannan was on her cellphone; if she had been, it seems unlikely that he would have reentered the house to call the police.

We have been over this territory some pages back with links provided and I am too tired to find more links again. What I said and provided links for was that in about the first two weeks of the media reporting the family had not heard the tapes. Then it was later reported that they were allowed to hear the tapes. So there is not really a contradiction, just an update.

I have never heard that JB left his house to let the driver in either. A local poster previously said the gates can be opened with a cell phone and I don't believe JB had to actually go to the gait.

I was looking at zoomed in maps of the gate area the other night & if I'm not mistaken - the gate is something very similar to just a simple barrier gate - depicted in this unrelated photo

http://www.secureaccessservices.com...ommercial/Barrier/Commercial-Barrier-Gate.jpg

and if I'm correct, that means a person could easily enter/exit by slipping under

Hi, MrsPC, I found the link. I believe that another link specifically mentioned the gate.

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/gilbert-vanishing-reaches-one-year-mark-1.2849214

"She went to the bathroom for some time and emerged acting erratically. 'She was starting to freak out,' he said.
Brewer went outside to Pak, asking for help in getting her to leave.
Inside, Pak said Gilbert was standing near the kitchen holding her cellphone, a police dispatcher on the line.

Hi, MrsPC, I found the link. I believe that another link specifically mentioned the gate.

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/gilbert-vanishing-reaches-one-year-mark-1.2849214

"She went to the bathroom for some time and emerged acting erratically. 'She was starting to freak out,' he said.
Brewer went outside to Pak, asking for help in getting her to leave.
Inside, Pak said Gilbert was standing near the kitchen holding her cellphone, a police dispatcher on the line.

disclaimer in that article:

Portions of some accounts by witnesses have been corroborated by sources familiar with the probe, while others could not be independently confirmed.

I don't think SG sat in JB's house for 23 minutes making the 911 call with the people she was afraid of in the room. I do believe she was running along with the cell phone in her hand. Have you made any 911 calls lately because someone was after you? I have. A month ago someone tried to break into my apt. at 3:30AM. At first they tried the front door then proceeded to remove the screen on my bedroom window and try to open the window. I grabbed my phone, ran for the bathroom and tried to whisper into the phone with the operator saying "Stay on the line, don't hang up..." I was so scared I could barely force any words out. But I hung onto the phone, keeping the line open until the police arrived. I think that is what SG was doing, running along with the phone in her hand.

Redbird, thank you for the frightening, yet realistic perception of how things might have happened for Shannan. I'm glad you are okay and hope that the intruder in your case was caught.

we just truly don't know what transpired at Brewer's home...

but from the various accounts of Gilbert's behavior...it sort of reminds me of the LSD "trips" of the 70's....I still believe she was drugged there.

We have been over this territory some pages back with links provided and I am too tired to find more links again. What I said and provided links for was that in about the first two weeks of the media reporting the family had not heard the tapes. Then it was later reported that they were allowed to hear the tapes. So there is not really a contradiction, just an update.

Oh I hadn't read that before. I know that they say they heard the tapes but I had never seen it confirmed by LE or anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member