NY - LISK Bodies found as of December 10, 2011 Thread #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
*If* Amber returned a phone call to the perp for verification purposes, it appears she would of called a disposable cell phone if LE is correct.

If it was a disposable phone, it needs a top-up card. That needs to be bought online using creditcard or at a shop. Then it needs to be topped up to that prepaid phone either online or using their automated phone line or through help desk of the phone service provider.

Don't really know whether LE dug all those details as to where the prepaid cards could have been bought (and then could use store cams to identify some customers). They wasted too much time when SG called and asked for help. So, i think they were either slow on responding to these investigative details or they did and got no leads.

Don't know how LE responded and what they investigated when Amber was reported missing. Could have been a terrible break if they had done it on time.

You don't need an ID or credit card to purchase a prepaid cell phone or top up cards. Both can be purchased with cash. There isn't a Federal Law in existence (yet) mandating retailers to keep identification records of people who buy the cards or phones. People often give fake names when registering their phones.

The New York Times
It's Not Just Drug Dealers Who Buy Prepaid Phones
By Jim Dwyer
Published: May 28, 2010
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/30/nyregion/30about.html

“From my years in the phone industry, I’d say that most of the people who want the prepaid phones without giving their names are drug dealers, or guys who say, ‘I want a phone but I don’t want my wife to know about it,” said Zeke James, who sells AT&T phones on the Upper West Side."

“We ask for their name, but if they say they are Abe Lincoln, that’s what we put down,” said Ricardo Tavarez, a salesman at a T-Mobile shop in Washington Heights. “Out of 10 customers, two will want to know why they have to give their name for a prepaid phone. It’s better to have it if they need to contact customer service.”

“Under the new bill, anyone buying a prepaid phone would have to give identification, and retailers would have to keep the records for 18 months. The sponsors, Senator Charles E. Schumer, Democrat of New York, and Senator John Cornyn, Republican of Texas, said that anonymous phones give an advantage to gangsters and terrorists.”

Wikipedia
Prepaid mobile phone
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prepaid_mobile_phone"]Prepaid mobile phone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

“A concern of police and security agencies worldwide is that prepaid mobile services allow the user to be anonymous and therefore facilitate criminal, or terrorist activities. Prepaid phone users can be anonymous for two reasons:”

“the prepaid SIM card can be sold in a shop like any other goods. There is no need to register them at point of sale, unlike postpaid phones who have to credit check the user before allowing them to purchase and enter into a contract.”

“Because prepaid services can often be topped up using cash and vouchers, there is no way to trace the payment and hence determine the identity of a prepaid phone user from payment records.”

In th Public Safety Committee of the Suffolk County Legislature minutes for May 5, 2011,
Long Island Gasoline Retailer Association discuss IR1266, a *Proposed* Local Law requiring all retailers of prepaid cellular phones in Suffolk County to collect and keep identifying information from a customer purchasing a prepaid cell phone.

Thanks to rodent69 for hooking us up with the link to the minutes!

http://legis.suffolkcountyny.gov/clerk/cmeet/ps/2011/PS050511.pdf

Prepaid cell phones and top-up cards can be purchased online. Some online retailers who sell these phones and cards also accept Paypal. I found retailers who cell prepaid cell phones and accept PayPal by doing a Google search.

Howstuffworks
How PayPal Works
http://money.howstuffworks.com/paypal3.htm

“However, PayPal's success quickly drew the attention of hackers, scam artists and organized crime groups, who used the service for frauds and money laundering.”

“Since 2002, PayPal has remained a steady leader in providing online transaction services.”

**In short, the LI perp could of used disposable cell phones without leaving any trail**

**In short, the LI perp could of used disposable cell phones without leaving any trail**

Misconception: No trail.

Not if they locate a store or associated paypal id (or CC). If they locate a store where top-up was bought (say within a month before the store records over again), it would have been a breakthrough.

The phone companies will definitely keep track of where their top-up cards being sold. It's all codes and they need to validate it and they store all the information (I presume with the place where its being sold because most of these top-up cards gets validated only at the counter (I think atleast thats how it worked when I bought. so anyone stealing it from stores could never use it without validating it first)).

May be a law should be in place for the phone companies to record all the activities for 6 months or so and also for the stores that sell these to have a copy of their camera videos for 6 months or so.

Pre-paid phones come preloaded with minutes. The perp may not of even bothered with buying a top-up card. He probably just tossed the phone after he was done with it.

Personally, I can't assume that the perp went to a store and bought a phone like normal people do. The perp is a serial killer. He is comfortable with breaking the law in the worst ways possible. Why would the perp all of the sudden break with his criminal traditions...do something via legit methods... just to acquire a disposable phone? For all I know, the phones he used could of been stolen. He might even collect phones that are accidently left behind by people at various places. Btw, there is information online on how to phreak a phone that was previously owned by someone else.

If he did go to an actual store to buy a phone, who is to say that the store he went to had working video cameras or any type of security system. It also can't be assumed that the place the perp might of purchased a phone kept accurate records of sales or any records at all.

LE hasn't come forward with any information regarding how the perp got the disposable phones he used. All LE has confirmed is that the perp did use disposable phones.

could the SK actually get his thrills by chasing the victim? After he meets them, he scares them, they run off on the beach, he chases them and kills them on the beach. Could he be a hunter of humans?

It seems to me if LE even remotely think it could be a police officer who is the SK why not get each and every one to record a sentence using exact words that the SK called the one sister. Then let this sister listen to each one. It could at least rule many out if not find the SK!

could the SK actually get his thrills by chasing the victim? After he meets them, he scares them, they run off on the beach, he chases them and kills them on the beach. Could he be a hunter of humans?

Lera213, I have considered this possibility esp after reading inspectrgadget's duck hunter theory.

Lera213, I have considered this possibility esp after reading inspectrgadget's duck hunter theory.

I think its doubtful. Some would have escaped.

Note:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hansen
It has never been confirmed that Hansen would "hunt" his victims although in the cases of Sherry Morrow and Sue Luna both women were shot in the back while running, leading some to suggest this. However, Hansen was clumsy and often underestimated the extent his victims would go to survive. When in doubt, he shot to kill, but didn't necessarily seem to hunt his human victims.

I work 40 hours a week now so unable to read much. And didn't read that theory. Thank you for pointing it out to me.

Lera, inspectrgadget provided us impressive research to back up his duck hunter theory. Here is a link to help you catch up:)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161555"]Jane Doe 2000 (Manorville & Cedar Beach) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

wm

Lera, inspectrgadget provided us impressive research to back up his duck hunter theory. Here is a link to help you catch up:)

Jane Doe 2000 (Manorville & Cedar Beach) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

wm

Thank you I just read the thread and I'm like OMG too many coincidences. Has Jane Doe #6 ever identified? If not they need to identify her because if she was his first kill then she wasn't a stranger. MOO

I have no idea who the POI is and not savvy nor time to go to the other sites to read up. I'm amazed at all who have uncovered a lot of leads and only hope that LE is looking seriously into it. With the hunter theory, my worry is that LE won't even give the tip a second read because they are convinced AC is not connected.

Thank you I just read the thread and I'm like OMG too many coincidences. Has Jane Doe #6 ever identified? If not they need to identify her because if she was his first kill then she wasn't a stranger. MOO

I have no idea who the POI is and not savvy nor time to go to the other sites to read up. I'm amazed at all who have uncovered a lot of leads and only hope that LE is looking seriously into it. With the hunter theory, my worry is that LE won't even give the tip a second read because they are convinced AC is not connected.

Good point, that's why I also submitted all this info to the Atlantic County, New Jersey police....along with the picture of them at the NJ show, sitting at a table with a burlap tablecloth.

That's kind of creepy PC. I have no idea who posted the video but noticed some misspelled words in the text.

Perhaps someone trying to put pressure on CPH?

People oughta be careful about labeling someone as a SK on the www who hasn't even been named by LE as a POI in the lisk case. But that's just me.

There was one 'opinion' expressed in the text that I tend to agree with....that Pak pulled SG into his SUV and 'delivered her somewhere in OB'. I'm just not sure if she was delivered to CPH or back to JB. Then Pak booked before LE arrived. MOO

wm

There was one 'opinion' expressed in the text that I tend to agree with....that Pak pulled SG into his SUV and 'delivered her somewhere in OB'. I'm just not sure if she was delivered to CPH or back to JB. Then Pak booked before LE arrived. MOO

wm

What I don't understand is why is the police not taking appropriate actions?? Put this lowlife Pak inside bars for trafficking and arrest JB for soliciting. Enough proof already present. I bet if JB is a crackhead he is bound to cooperate more inside bars.

Very interesting video, who would post it?

1) Somebody who believes PCH is the SK; (and maybe knows something, but I doubt it)
2) Somebody who wants to cause trouble for PCH; (he has a few enemies I would think)
3) Somebody who wants to divert attention away from the real SK; (like the real SK)

I hope that LE follows this you tube post.

Notice the big role MP has in this poster's theory.

MOO

1) Somebody who believes PCH is the SK; (and maybe knows something, but I doubt it)
2) Somebody who wants to cause trouble for PCH; (he has a few enemies I would think)
3) Somebody who wants to divert attention away from the real SK; (like the real SK)

MOO

add to the list:
Also some mean people who make fun of websleuths and thrive on serialkillers letters They are born cunning and cruel and I guess 5% of population are like that.

What I don't understand is why is the police not taking appropriate actions?? Put this lowlife Pak inside bars for trafficking and arrest JB for soliciting. Enough proof already present. I bet if JB is a crackhead he is bound to cooperate more inside bars.

There has to be a reason BelieveinUFO. If it were you or I we would be in jail now!

BTW, :wagon:

MOO

My guess would be 2 & 3. It appears that the perp is loosing it and is having a serial killer temper tantrum. If the perp hasn't been able to murder anyone in a while, I could see him resorting to internet trolling as an outlet for his bullying behaviors. MOO.

The possibility that the perp could be attempting to contaminate potential jury pools for his eventual trial also comes to mind. MOO.

MOO

Hi WINDSOR, In the Kyron Horman case a similar thing happened with a Youtube video, trying to say they knew who took him. It had the same provocative music as this one which catches the viewer so he watches till the end.

It was different in that it was all video of the area, showing cars driving, the church and school, etc ~ much more professionally done than this one. They popped out 3 videos altogether and we found out who was making them. T'was allot about nothing although it got us going for awhile. Ya Ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona