Found Alive NY - M. H., 25, Cortland, 26 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

the missing poster is in a word doc & I can't figure out how to share it here.

Prayers to you and your family and I pray you get your daughter back.

bumping again because there is nothing in the news at all in the last 10 days or so. This case needs help. I hope M. is safe but someone needs to find her.

The media loss interest when the Cortland PD posted their bizarre FB post. I've asked for it to be removed. It was based on absolutely nothing. It said that she had posted a relationship status on her new FB. (She did not have a new FB & it was from early Friday morning the day she went missing - there's been no social media activity at all since the morning of 8/25) then they claimed she might be traveling with Jon Turner. Based on what? They have no explanation for that since Jon Turner has been seen by at least two people who know him personally in Elmira since 8/25 and has not been reported missing. I've asked them to remove it, and they "fixed" it once by de-emphasizing the "new" in quotes FB. I suspect it's because the "soon to be step-mother" (her introduction attempt to me) called Cortland PD and told them SHE believed they left for CA. Why would she do that? Because that is what his sketch friend with 10 different stories said. She lives in Waverly and told the police he routinely goes off into the woods to live with no contact with anyone. We know that M. was with Jon Turner on THURSDAY. We know she was in Cortland on FRIDAY. We don't know that she was with Jon Turner on Friday. The only person that puts them together is the one friend. So if she never made it out of Cortland now we may never know because some lowlife in Elmira told a bunch of people some bs stories. I can't even....

My heart goes out to you and your family. This JT guy sounds like bad news, especially since heroin may be involved. I truly hope she turns up soon. Can you post the missing person flyer here so those of us on social media can share it and get her face out there? Do you know her vehicle's license plate #? It really sounds like she would never leave her children.
The vehicle has been recovered in Big Bear C.A. with a note stating it was out of gas. Witnesses claim the car had been at the location where it was discovered for 12 days. There have been 2 sightings of the couple (M. and Jon) but nothing confirmed.

Hasn't LE said this whole time that JT has been missing too, yet M.'s mother disputed that based on what she heard when questioning people? As far as I can tell, if JT has been officially reported missing it has been very recently done.

The Find M. Facebook page just posted a photo of her and a guy walking out of a Los Angeles Walmart on August 30.

The Find M. Facebook page just posted a photo of her and a guy walking out of a Los Angeles Walmart on August 30.
NM. I found the image in comments.

She looks happy. Possibly pregnant? If her car ran out of gas and she is with someone, I hope he is taking care of her. Being lost in the mountains is no bueno.

I hope San Diego pd has been notified about this case.

Looks like we go back to... picked up and left for a new beau?? Maybe, she is starting anew in CA! Does she have a history of mental health issues? Or, is that just someone's theory?

The problem for me with this case is if the car was abandoned because of no gas that has to mean they don't have money. 18-19 days is a long time to make it without money unless there are shelters to feed people around there. And I can't figure why they would go from LA to Big Bear to end up with no gas likely due to no funds. They couldn't have done it the other way gone from Big Bear to LA because it would cost money to get from Big Bear to LA unless there are people that pickup hitchhikers.

I am stuck on trying to figure out how it is they are surviving almost 3 weeks on nothing. From the Walmart capture you don't see them with much - certainly not a cart with bags in it. I guess the important question is what did they buy there?

LE had to hit on a debit or credit card in order to be able to know exactly the store and time frame in order to come up with them on video. And that also means they have a transaction time and that, in turn, means Walmart can tell LE exactly what was purchased. Naturally, LE could then track any purchases along the way to CA and any after the 30th. It would be nice to know for certain if or more likely when they ran out of cash.

Unless there are friends or help in CA or someone generous among either of their friends bankrolling this CA escapade they have to come up with cash another way.

Unless there are friends or help in CA or someone generous among either of their friends bankrolling this CA escapade they have to come up with cash another way.

That is what I was thinking. Maybe they had someone in CA they were actually heading towards and either they were helping them out or they were able to make a few quick bucks along the way? Strictly speculation!

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindMaryHelmsBartholomew/?ref=search I believe missing FB pages are allowed to be linked here. If I'm wrong, please delete and I apologize.

This is the walmart photo from the missing page. All I can make out is a loaf of bread, but as they are almost out of frame, it's hard to say what else they might be carrying.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1asocial.jpg
    1asocial.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 629
Wonder if that is her shopping list she has in her hand? Shopping for more than themselves??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back