Found Alive NY - M. H., 25, Cortland, 26 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

The problem for me with this case is if the car was abandoned because of no gas that has to mean they don't have money. 18-19 days is a long time to make it without money unless there are shelters to feed people around there. And I can't figure why they would go from LA to Big Bear to end up with no gas likely due to no funds. They couldn't have done it the other way gone from Big Bear to LA because it would cost money to get from Big Bear to LA unless there are people that pickup hitchhikers.

I am stuck on trying to figure out how it is they are surviving almost 3 weeks on nothing. From the Walmart capture you don't see them with much - certainly not a cart with bags in it. I guess the important question is what did they buy there?

LE had to hit on a debit or credit card in order to be able to know exactly the store and time frame in order to come up with them on video. And that also means they have a transaction time and that, in turn, means Walmart can tell LE exactly what was purchased. Naturally, LE could then track any purchases along the way to CA and any after the 30th. It would be nice to know for certain if or more likely when they ran out of cash.

Unless there are friends or help in CA or someone generous among either of their friends bankrolling this CA escapade they have to come up with cash another way.

Is there a way to send you a private message on websleuths?

Is there a way to send you a private message on websleuths?

there is and I hope you've been pointed that way already but if not, there is actually a tab way up top, under the "forums", "blogs" and "chat" tabs, right under the WS banner that reads, simply, "Private Message". (of course, I'm on a PC, so I am sure mobile versions look different.) You can also click on the poster's name and that will take you to their profile and you can PM from there. I hope that makes sense and helps!

https://www.facebook.com/bigbearsheriff/

M. A. B. (H.)
21742938_1595060530545864_2806611410633544195_n.jpg

Jon W Turner II
21740276_1595060603879190_6140370345172472011_n.jpg

I wonder if they thought they would find somewhere to camp (thinking it would be free). Because if you're short on money, the mountains is not the place to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could have run out of gas due to poor planning, and nothing more. However, they are missing now so the fact that they set out on foot and haven't been seen again is concerning. They could have gotten lost in the woods.

They could be holed up in an empty vacation cabin. Some people buy them for the summer vacations, others for the winter vacations. Owners might rent them out when they are not in use. They would be fully equipped with electricity, plumbing, canned goods, firewood.

I saw a comment on Facebook that mentioned that Jon might have family in southern California. Does anyone know if that's accurate? If so where are his family in socal?

They could be holed up in an empty vacation cabin. Some people buy them for the summer vacations, others for the winter vacations. Owners might rent them out when they are not in use. They would be fully equipped with electricity, plumbing, canned goods, firewood.
This would be best case scenario IMO. Well other than the obvious of returning home.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Anyone know if anything is going on in this case? M.'s mother completely locked down her FB and the Let's Find page for M. has all commenting locked by Admin.

Anyone know if anything is going on in this case? M.'s mother completely locked down her FB and the Let's Find page for M. has all commenting locked by Admin.

M.'s mother has been trying to bring resolution to this constantly and she seems incredibly dedicated. I'm guessing we have big news coming soon, or M.'s mom just needs a break from the immense stress (which is completely understandable).

The problem for me with this case is if the car was abandoned because of no gas that has to mean they don't have money. 18-19 days is a long time to make it without money unless there are shelters to feed people around there. And I can't figure why they would go from LA to Big Bear to end up with no gas likely due to no funds. They couldn't have done it the other way gone from Big Bear to LA because it would cost money to get from Big Bear to LA unless there are people that pickup hitchhikers.

I am stuck on trying to figure out how it is they are surviving almost 3 weeks on nothing. From the Walmart capture you don't see them with much - certainly not a cart with bags in it. I guess the important question is what did they buy there?

LE had to hit on a debit or credit card in order to be able to know exactly the store and time frame in order to come up with them on video. And that also means they have a transaction time and that, in turn, means Walmart can tell LE exactly what was purchased. Naturally, LE could then track any purchases along the way to CA and any after the 30th. It would be nice to know for certain if or more likely when they ran out of cash.

Unless there are friends or help in CA or someone generous among either of their friends bankrolling this CA escapade they have to come up with cash another way.
Fact: They were able to track the Burbank Wal-Mart purchase, because of receipts found in the vehicle. No debit cards for either of them, as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I saw a comment on Facebook that mentioned that Jon might have family in southern California. Does anyone know if that's accurate? If so where are his family in socal?
Apparently there is a grandfather in the vicinity. That would be Jon's. Not verified on my terms.

Apparently there is a grandfather in the vicinity. That would be Jon's. Not verified on my terms.

Thanks. Do you know near what city?

Both aren't locked down.

Why are there 2 Facebook pages for M.? Ms. H. is the admin on both.

Has there been a WS thread started for Jon?

Why are there 2 Facebook pages for M.? Ms. H. is the admin on both.

Has there been a WS thread started for Jon?

I'm not on FB but it looks like from the links one is a "page" and one is a "group"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back