NY NY - Michael Taus, 24, West Islip, 18 June 2010

He's been missing three years and six months today.
Thinking of Michael, Romeo, and his family and hoping for answers for his family.

3 years and 8 months now.

Where the heck is Michael? I am beginning to fear that, like the Gilgo bodies, this case may never be solved.

I came back looking for updates, but sadly I guess there aren't any. I really wonder if there was ever a blind date. Has it ever been proven that there was a blind date?

A couple of weeks ago I was listening to SCPD on scanner feed and a young woman was being reported missing by her friend.

She had left on a blind date. Her friend got a text from her saying "call 911" and then her phone appeared to be turned off.

There has been nothing in the news to indicate if she has since turned up.

It's sad to think these things never make the news.

Her name was Dalina, deleena... I don't know of the spelling. But I'm curious if anyone else had heard of this woman and if she has been found.

Oops. this woman lives in Babylon. It was 1st district handling the case

I lurk in here a lot & have never posted before but I just read about Michael on a reddit thread. It's so crazy to me that no info has come up about this case since it were first reported.

I hope I'm doing this correctly: Bumping.

I'm bumping this case up again. I'm a regular visitor to Websleuths and certain cases stick in my head and stay with me. Michaels is one. I wish it could be solved, it's like he vanished into thin air. A friend of mine moved to the area, so whenever he posts on FB I'm reminded of this case.

I remember when Michael first went missing and reading about it here. I thought something was very off about his case back then and I still do. Really hoping we get some updates soon!

Has anyone heard anything on this case? I am so mystified how some people can seemingly disappear into thin aire. So very strange.

Has anyone heard anything on this case? I am so mystified how some people can seemingly disappear into thin aire. So very strange.

This is one of the strangest cases I can remember. There seems to be no activity on it at all, anywhere. There's a FB group with 26 members and no updates - https://www.facebook.com/groups/142643139095291/?fref=ts

I can't help but feel that police have an idea where he is, but haven't shared it publicly.

Hi guys....just saw this......I don't remember hearing about this at all. There are alot of "angles" so to speak...the dog, car left running, internet date......My sister was living in that area at the time and would have heard something, seen posters etc.
EdinburghLass...I think you hit it.......I agree that LE may know the answers and have not shared with the public.

i think michael taus disappearance is related to the Long Island Serial Killer. Look at this;

The Suffolk County SPCA has increased a reward to $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest and conviction in the deaths of four pit bulls found mutilated in Manorville. Suffolk police found the animals in the woods near North Street last month. The two male and two female dogs were badly decomposed when found and one likely suffered a broken neck, Suffolk SPCA Chief Roy Gross said. Police...

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/crime/reward-in-dead-pit-bull-case-upped-to-5-000-1.1274903

These mutilated pitbulls were found at the same intersection as the 2012 unidentified males found in Manorville, North st and Wading River. He is the most recent of three unidentified males.

Mr. Samuel, who lives about 400 yards from where the body was found, went home and called his brother, a police officer with the Village of Freeport, to take a look at what he found.

The remains, Mr. Samuel said, appeared to be wrapped in a bed sheet, wrapped in a plastic garbage bag, and tied with duct tape. Weeds and leaves had buried most of the remains.

“It looked pretty bush league, how they did it,” Mr. Samuel said. Police couldn’t confirm if the body had been wrapped or tied with duct tape.

The torso discovered in Manorville in 2003 belonged to Jessica Taylor, whose head, hands and feet were discovered last March near Gilgo Beach. The body parts found in 2000, belonging to an unidentified victim, also connect with remains found near Gilgo Beach.

At least two other male bodies have been found in Manorville in the past dozen years, but they have not been connected to the Gilgo case. Police said it is not yet clear if the remains discovered this week are related to the Gilgo Beach incidents.

Mr. Samuel said he has found dead pets dumped by their owners in the area because the road is so secluded. But he’s never found human remains before.
http://riverheadnewsreview.timesrev...w-remains-found-in-wooded-area-in-manorville/

LindsayLohan6------IIRC about a month, or so ago a human skull was found in the woods near Ronkonkoma perhaps the train station. A man riding his bike found it. Have not seen any update on the news tho. It was first on News12 but I haven't seen anything new. I thought maybe Robert Mayer.

Could Michael Taus be the man who was found in Manorville in February 2012?

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11010

I spoke to a Daily News photographer who covered the crime scene in 2012. In a strange coincidence the photographer just happened to have worked at the Brookhaven Lab on whose property this man was found. He said the lab had done a bunch of work on that part of the property a few years before and it's very improbable the body was there for 5 years as the police have said. Two years would make sense with Taus. What's more is that s disappeared with his pitbull. The body in 2012 was found in the woods off North Street in Manorville. In 2009 a year before Taus's disappearance, garbage bags of mutilated pitbulls were found off North Street. So is there a connection between these 3 cases?

Since Taus lived with his mom she might know if he owned Eddie Bauer XL boxer shorts. I know the family was active on facebook in trying to find their son. The namus for the unidentified states: Spondylolysis of 5th lumbar vertebral body, Healed fracture of the right fibula (lower extremity)". So the family could confirm the specifics

Michael Taus is in NAMUS. No DNA, no prints, no dental and clothing unknown. SCPD is useless.

Is there anyway find out if Taus had ever fractured his fibula? Although I'm sure Michael Taus would be the first person SCPD would see when looking for missing persons who could be the John Doe, I do not believe SCPD is trying to identifiy the unidentified any more. Is the family aware? If he had the fractured fibula, it gives a lot more weight to the theory he is this John Doe.

I am a close relative of Michael Taus. I am glad to have found some activity online regarding his case. I have my own theory on all of what happened or is happening with Michael but I want to share with those interested in this case a piece of information, which I already shared with SCPD last year, that you might find interesting. I have periodically sent Michael messages on facebook, hoping that one day he would respond back. Well, one day I go to follow up with another message and sure enough, I can see that he viewed the message. In fact, I followed up with him a snapshot of the fact that I can see that my message was seen by him, and a few days later all of my messages were "unseen" by him. It was not the detectives, nor anyone else in his family. So who else would have seen the messages? Has to be him.

(modsnip)

Bottlenose - that's very interesting. I sincerely hope that he is out there somewhere and will come back soon. I have followed his case from the very beginning and it has always baffled me. Thank you for joining us. I'm really sorry about Michael.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back