NY NY - Michael Taus, 24, West Islip, 18 June 2010

I don't know how you came up with the correct corresponding 2019 article but Thank You DeepCover.

From the article you linked, the image is larger and more clear, so not likely Michael then.

I don't know how you came up with the correct corresponding 2019 article but Thank You DeepCover.

From the article you linked, the image is larger and more clear, so not likely Michael then.

No problem! Just did a Google reverse image search.

Erocity (now out of business), where Michael used to work, was an Adult Friend Finder - Dating Site (in 2010 was hacked and 1.4m accounts exposed in a data breach). Michael disappeared in June 2010. LISK investigation started with Shannon Gilbert's disappearance in May of 2010. Did he know something about the business that could have placed him in jeopardy? Might be interesting to know whose names might show up in the data breach. Just speculation, but have to wonder if Michael has the technical know-how to be responsible for the breach? Given that he seemed upbeat about his "date", new duds, etc, was he possibly recruited by the good guys for his inside knowledge of the dating site? IOW, spilling the beans on the industry or its clients, and ended up in witness protection. IMO, it's more likely that he was a liability to someone and was set up via his "date".

Hey, just wanted to correct some things about your statement here. Michael didn't work at Eroticy, he worked for them under their affiliate program as many other tens of thousands of adult webmasters did.

Additionally, any speculation about Mike being the leaker or his death having to do anything with it is false because it was leaked in between 2015 and 2016.

Have I Been Pwned: Pwned websites

A data breach investigation blow-by-blow

Wondering if anyone is following the missing person thread for Tom Kelsey, missing since July 10th. It was just made public that his phone last pinged in the West Islip area the night he went missing. He had left Katch at Venetian Shores after seeing a band with friends. His vehicle is also still missing.

NY - NY - Tom Kelsey, 45, Katch at Venetian Shores, Lindenhurst, 7 July 2019

Wondering if anyone is following the missing person thread for Tom Kelsey, missing since July 10th. It was just made public that his phone last pinged in the West Islip area the night he went missing. He had left Katch at Venetian Shores after seeing a band with friends. His vehicle is also still missing.

NY - NY - Tom Kelsey, 45, Katch at Venetian Shores, Lindenhurst, 7 July 2019
Picture of his truck should flood W Islip.
Including businesses and the LIRR station.
Someone must of seen his truck.

Hello, I just came across this site looking for any new information about Michael Taus.

As it seems I was probably one of the last people to see and talk to him besides his parents and I guess this mystery date. I actually worked a detailing job with him not too long before he disappeared and spoke to him right before this occurred. The phone call was nothing out of the ordinary and he was just asking me a question about his cellphone. During our detailing project though prior to our call, he was very upset about breaking up with his long-time girlfriend and college sweetheart. I could remember him talking about it a number of times. His gf broke up with him and then shortly after that she started dating another guy and quickly got engaged. He had a lot of anger toward that guy and mentioned wanting to "beat him up". Overall he was a nice guy but this definitely hit him the wrong way as I remember he was tormented by this.

He also seemed desperate for cash at the time as he had a recent falling out with his former detailing partner. I built websites and did online work with Michael and always felt he was into the gray areas of online business. He was super web savvy and was always looking to make a quick buck online somehow. He wasn't into any hardcore drugs as far as I know, although I do remember he smoked weed. I spoke to the police a number of times during this period. I also remember his Xbox profile going online a few weeks after this occurred. I then called police which they told me they were checking into his profiles. For the few years I knew him he lived in Lindenhurst which is where I met him, he then moved to West Islip a few weeks / months before this occurred. He moved after he broke up with his girl. Michael was 6'3" and pretty athletic, his dog was also a ball of energy and he would chain him with a fat chain in front of the yard, he was a tank. Neither he nor his dog would have gone down without a fight imo. This entire thing is odd and doesn't add up. Likely he split and doesn't want to be found I'm guessing. Sadly no real clues have emerged since.

Hello, I just came across this site looking for any new information about Michael Taus.

As it seems I was probably one of the last people to see and talk to him besides his parents and I guess this mystery date. I actually worked a detailing job with him not too long before he disappeared and spoke to him right before this occurred. The phone call was nothing out of the ordinary and he was just asking me a question about his cellphone. During our detailing project though prior to our call, he was very upset about breaking up with his long-time girlfriend and college sweetheart. I could remember him talking about it a number of times. His gf broke up with him and then shortly after that she started dating another guy and quickly got engaged. He had a lot of anger toward that guy and mentioned wanting to "beat him up". Overall he was a nice guy but this definitely hit him the wrong way as I remember he was tormented by this.

He also seemed desperate for cash at the time as he had a recent falling out with his former detailing partner. I built websites and did online work with Michael and always felt he was into the gray areas of online business. He was super web savvy and was always looking to make a quick buck online somehow. He wasn't into any hardcore drugs as far as I know, although I do remember he smoked weed. I spoke to the police a number of times during this period. I also remember his Xbox profile going online a few weeks after this occurred. I then called police which they told me they were checking into his profiles. For the few years I knew him he lived in Lindenhurst which is where I met him, he then moved to West Islip a few weeks / months before this occurred. He moved after he broke up with his girl. Michael was 6'3" and pretty athletic, his dog was also a ball of energy and he would chain him with a fat chain in front of the yard, he was a tank. Neither he nor his dog would have gone down without a fight imo. This entire thing is odd and doesn't add up. Likely he split and doesn't want to be found I'm guessing. Sadly no real clues have emerged since.
Did the new BF have the same anger toward Mike? Has his ex been active in his case? MOO

The area the car was found has alot of stores. That means cameras everywhere.
LE should have checked the cameras to see who was driving his car.
Pure lazyness on the part of LE.
Missed opportunities.

Michael shows an address on Hinton Ave in West Gilgo Beach from around 2006, wonder if this is accurate?

GREAT RIVER, NY — Suffolk police are investigating after human remains were found in Great River Tuesday morning.

Officers responded to West Brook Pond after a 911 caller reported skeletal remains found at 11:25 a.m.

The remains were transported to the Office of the Suffolk County Medical Examiner to be examined. The remains have not yet been identified.>>>>

Great River is pretty close to Islip. "Remains" sounds like its been there awhile. The only other south shore missing person case near by im aware of is Cynthia Constantine of Oakdale in 1969.

GREAT RIVER, NY — Suffolk police are investigating after human remains were found in Great River Tuesday morning.

Officers responded to West Brook Pond after a 911 caller reported skeletal remains found at 11:25 a.m.

The remains were transported to the Office of the Suffolk County Medical Examiner to be examined. The remains have not yet been identified.>>>>

Great River is pretty close to Islip. "Remains" sounds like its been there awhile. The only other south shore missing person case near by im aware of is Cynthia Constantine of Oakdale in 1969.
May today be the day

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back