NY NY - Michael Taus, 24, West Islip, 18 June 2010

I can not believe this young man is not getting anymore media attention then this. That picture of him with his dog should be plastered everywhere, including vet offices and animal pounds and shelters in case this dog shows up...

I think we need to send this over to NG or Jane Valez and see if we can't get some coverage for him and his family......This is terrible

I totally agree Mystic. I know the area he lived in and its a nice area, however the further west you go on the island, the closer to the city, the less desirable the area is the usual rule of thumb. However that is a very busy area where the car was found, so hmmmm...... perplexing. The fact he brought the dogs dishes really make me think he was going to someones home.

I totally agree Mystic. I know the area he lived in and its a nice area, however the further west you go on the island, the closer to the city, the less desirable the area is the usual rule of thumb. However that is a very busy area where the car was found, so hmmmm...... perplexing. The fact he brought the dogs dishes really make me think he was going to someones home.

Yes I agree about the dog dishes, he was planning on staying away for the night .....

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/west-islip-man-dog-reported-missing-1.2152448

Michael Taus, 25, and his dog, Romeo, a 2-year-old pit bull, were last seen June 18 at their home on Everdell Avenue by his father, Russel Taus.

The older Taus said he went to his son's home and spent the afternoon looking at new clothes his son was showing off.

"He seemed upbeat . . . and happy," said Russel Taus, 53, of Speonk. "He said he was going out on a date with a girl he met on his computer."

Since that afternoon, friends and family have not seen or heard from Taus, who ran a business detailing cars and boats, and who also built websites on a freelance basis.

And Suffolk police said Thursday that they are mystified.

Michael Taus' car, a 2004 black Volkswagen Jetta, was found running in Elmont on June 24, police said. His bank accounts have not been used since his disappearance and police have no leads on where he may be, according to Suffolk Police Deputy Insp. Gerard McCarthy. Taus' cell phone has also been disconnected.

I brought this post from the support thread because it had good info in it and I can't access the full article. I colored the important parts red.

Could have been disconnected for non payment or maybe he was switching carriers, I just don't see someone else disconnecting it. I just don't see that he walked away either and left his life, his car and his family.

Could have been disconnected for non payment or maybe he was switching carriers, I just don't see someone else disconnecting it. I just don't see that he walked away either and left his life, his car and his family.

He has his own business, so I can't see him disconnecting his cell.

Since that afternoon, friends and family have not seen or heard from Taus

So no one knows if he even went out on his date. He could have dashed to the store for a quick errand, he could have received a call from someone related to his business, etc.

Since that afternoon, friends and family have not seen or heard from Taus

So no one knows if he even went out on his date. He could have dashed to the store for a quick errand, he could have received a call from someone related to his business, etc.

That's what I was thinking too. It's possible that he got sidetracked on the way to his date..

Michael, I hope you're safe.

I can not believe this young man is not getting anymore media attention then this. That picture of him with his dog should be plastered everywhere, including vet offices and animal pounds and shelters in case this dog shows up...

I think we need to send this over to NG or Jane Valez and see if we can't get some coverage for him and his family......This is terrible

bbm

Yes, that is a very memorable dog.

I just emailed Nancy Grace, CNN, Jane Velez Mitchell, America's Most Wanted, and Fox News. I'm also tempted to start calling around animal shelters in the West Islip area to see if they have any brown pit bulls come in recently, and alert them about this case. Thoughts if that's a good idea?

I hate to say it, but based on where his car was found (not a great area), I'm going guess he met with foulplay, whether or not the white male body is his.

A few scenarios come to mind:

- match.com person lured him into a robbery
- drug deal gone bad
- carjacking

I just emailed Nancy Grace, CNN, Jane Velez Mitchell, America's Most Wanted, and Fox News. I'm also tempted to start calling around animal shelters in the West Islip area to see if they have any brown pit bulls come in recently, and alert them about this case. Thoughts if that's a good idea?

fwiw: I think it is a good idea. Maybe even email pics of the dog?

Just for your info, try calling to the "little shelter" and also "north shore animal league" they are two big shelters on the island. One is not far from where he lived "the little shelter" and one is notorious on the island and closer to where his car was found , "north shore animal league". I grew up on the island.

It is a great idea!

Ok, in the morning I'll start calling the shelters (may need to be Monday morning, actually, since I don't know how many are open on Sundays..). I'll also email pics..great idea dreamweaver, thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back