NY NY - Michael Taus, 24, West Islip, 18 June 2010

Thanks for your post, Chris. We still post Michael's Internet poster online every so often. I hope someone with information will come forward. He has been missing for too long:(

Excellent first post, WI1987, and welcome to WS.

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

This case is just bizarre and hopefully one day it will be solved but unfortunately we need Newsday and News12 to put the SCPD to task, and to keep reminding the public that Shannan Gilbert is not the only missing person on Long Island.

Hi. I am also from LI and have been following this case too. There is hardly any follow up on it. I check out his memorial FB page I think run by his mom but there is never any updades. Why hasnt Newsday followed up? Its been a year! I cant judge because I have never been in this situation and hope to never be, but if I were, I can guarantee that I would do my best to make sure everyone on LI and the surrounding areas knew the name and photo of my missing family member, posters would be EVERYWHERE, I would plea to news programs, newspapers, local stores, police departments, etc. Why is there no news about him????????

September 10th 2011 - still nothing new in the case as far as I know. Has anybody heard anything new? Im tempted to call SCPD Missing Persons and ask if he is still missing.

I have never heard of this case till now.
It is so bizarre how he just disappeared.

The fact that his car was abandoned makes me think foul play.

I havent heard anything new about the case. Im surprised Newsday or News12 didnt do a follow up this past June, the 1 year anniv. I havent checked the FB page in a while. I was a friend of the page, but then I deleted it bc no one was ever updating anything. I would really like to know more about this.

I am so sorry that there is no more news about this young man.... I still hope that he is still alive and well....

What makes me wonder is how can a car still be running 6 days after disappearing... Did LE look for prints and details when the car was found... was food bowl and dish still there from his dog..... In my opinion he was still alive than or someone else was using the car.... Did LE ever give out some answers to that.?

I pray for him to be home soon.....

Blessings

Micci

I keep wondering what happened to Michael too. I hope he is safe somewhere - there's just not a lot of information about him anywhere that I look.

Sorry new to the case, i didn't see, did they say who he had met on the internet via email search or date site info? also couldn't they have track the persons ip address or just debunk the who internet date if there is no evidence?

I think he might alive and is in Chicago IL.I found him here and names match up.Read the bio,age ,and family members.I looked up the Zealous Restaurant and there is a owner named Michael Taus.This could be wrong,but worth a try.http://www.peekyou.com/michael_taus/293607752.Maybe the family members didn't notify anyone,he was found. Look at Michael R Taus 26

I just can't believe it.... It seems that not many people care what happened to him.... Would anyone here have the chance and ability to check with LE....?

There are just to many unanswered questions..... Car, dog, date, website, and so on....

I just hope there is not more going on like it was in the craigslist killer case.....

I pray that he will be found, brought home.....

Blessings

Micci

--- On Tue, 9/27/11, PIO, <PIO@suffolkcountyny.gov> wrote:

Subject: NY - Michael Taus - 24 years old - West Islip - 18 June 2010 - Missing aft Blind Date
To: <redacted>
Date: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 9:08 AM

Hello,

Michael Taus has not been found and the investigation is continuing.

Thank you,
Public Information

Today (Saturday, October 15th) there is a pitbull awareness gathering at Gardiners Park in West Bay Shore aimed at educating people about the breed.

If I were a detective in the SCPD, I know I would be there just to see if I could find any information on Michael Taus's disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back