Found Alive NY - Rachael Mattice, 24, Wells, 22 June 2016

Search continues for Johnstown woman missing from Hamilton County
Search_continues_for_Johnstown_woman_missing_from_Hamilton_County-syndImport-053548.jpg

The sheriff says Mattice had been living at the camp temporarily because she had gotten a job as a home health aide for the county.
Her car was found in front of the cabin where she's been staying, but there's been no sign of her.
http://wnyt.com/news/search-continu...from-hamilton-county-rachael-mattice/4183642/

Has there been any word on Rachael's phone? Was it in her purse and therefore left in her car? I'm interested to hear what, if any, tracking information they have been able to retrieve from it.

Thanks for the link. Per the comments, her phone was found in her car. That's a terrible shame because cell phone pings are often the biggest clues in missing persons cases.

Sounds like service there is sporadic too 😕

Katelyn Eldredge says “her car and camp door were found wide open.

Snipped by me for emphasis. Her camp door was also found wide open? Camp door meaning the door the house she was living in? Whoever mentioned a possible robbery may have hit on something. Perhaps there was a burglary in process and she arrived during and so they felt they had to "do away with her" to avoid a witness?

Additionally, I think someone mentioned perhaps she was just running in real quick to grab something which would explain why her car may have been left running. She felt she was in a desolate enough location to make this safe.

...or someone waited in the house for her to pull in and ran out when she was exiting her car...:crying:

Hernandez rd.jpg

A map showing Hernandez Rd. and the immediate surroundings. It is not directly on the lake but it is almost directly parallel to the West Sacandaga River. As expected, the area is heavily forested. If traveling by car note there is one way in and one way out (cul-de-sac at end). There are a few other houses on the road and I'm sure LE has spoken to all of the ones that are currently inhabited. I do not know how far up the road R's family campsite is but, if not the first one, hopefully neighbors noticed a car coming in/out that they did not recognize.

If I didn't work until 6 in downtown Albany I would consider going to the vigil tonight. I'll be thinking of those who can and hoping R comes home before then so that this is a celebration instead.

Is there cameras for the area? Our neighborhood has one and it grabs tags of those that enter and exit.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Sounds local considering how rural the area is. Perhaps her cellphone records may give clue as to where she was just before being taken. Could she have been home and run out attempting to get away - but just as she started her car to escape she was taken... instead of happening the other way around (take upon arriving home)?

Snipped by me for emphasis. Her camp door was also found wide open? Camp door meaning the door the house she was living in? Whoever mentioned a possible robbery may have hit on something. Perhaps there was a burglary in process and she arrived during and so they felt they had to "do away with her" to avoid a witness?

Additionally, I think someone mentioned perhaps she was just running in real quick to grab something which would explain why her car may have been left running. She felt she was in a desolate enough location to make this safe.

...or someone waited in the house for her to pull in and ran out when she was exiting her car...:crying:

I was thinking about the "interrupted a robbery" scenario and wondered why a robber would take her away rather than kill her right there if eliminating a witness was the motive.

Hi everybody! Long time lurker first time poster. First off I want to say how much I enjoy and learn from this insite and everybodys opinions here on this site. I'm very impressed.
I felt compelled to post as this is very close to home for me. I do not know anybody involved or any local information. I do know the area very well, I am from Johnstown and have hiked the Adirondacks extensively for 30 years. I currently live in Florida for the last year now. Those woods in the Wells area are very sparsely populated. A year and a half ago I hiked 15 miles through that area and did not see a house, person, road or most of the trail as I bushwhacked it. I felt very alone there other than the coyote that was yelping. Wells is a very small town, very rustic area with mostly seasonal camps and seasonal roads other than the main road which is route 30. It is a beautiful area with very thick vegetation.
This is also the areas that Robert Garrow attacked, tortured and killed a camper and evaded police for 12 days over 40 years ago. http://http://www.saratogian.com/article/ST/20130622/NEWS/306229943 This will give you and idea about the area as not a whole lot has changed
I am very upset about this. We have a lot of missing and murdered women in the Capitol Region. And quite a few haven't been with similarities like Christina White and Jennifer Hammond that haven't been solved. And of course Kellisue Kilcullin Achernecht who's car was found burning in Johnstown 10/01/08. And so many more that should be named.
The bottom line is right now we need to find this beautiful young lady and bring her home.
Thank you everybody again and I hope I didn't violate and forum rules. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/ffj/newbie.gif

Hi everybody! Long time lurker first time poster. First off I want to say how much I enjoy and learn from this insite and everybodys opinions here on this site. I'm very impressed.
I felt compelled to post as this is very close to home for me. I do not know anybody involved or any local information. I do know the area very well, I am from Johnstown and have hiked the Adirondacks extensively for 30 years. I currently live in Florida for the last year now. Those woods in the Wells area are very sparsely populated. A year and a half ago I hiked 15 miles through that area and did not see a house, person, road or most of the trail as I bushwhacked it. I felt very alone there other than the coyote that was yelping. Wells is a very small town, very rustic area with mostly seasonal camps and seasonal roads other than the main road which is route 30. It is a beautiful area with very thick vegetation.
This is also the areas that Robert Garrow attacked, tortured and killed a camper and evaded police for 12 days over 40 years ago. http://http://www.saratogian.com/article/ST/20130622/NEWS/306229943 This will give you and idea about the area as not a whole lot has changed
I am very upset about this. We have a lot of missing and murdered women in the Capitol Region. And quite a few haven't been with similarities like Christina White and Jennifer Hammond that haven't been solved. And of course Kellisue Kilcullin Achernecht who's car was found burning in Johnstown 10/01/08. And so many more that should be named.
The bottom line is right now we need to find this beautiful young lady and bring her home.
Thank you everybody again and I hope I didn't violate and forum rules.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/ffj/newbie.gif

Welcome, Liona and thank you for your insight since you know the area. I fear this young lady was running for her life trying to escape in her car. I just started reading about Rachael.:wagon:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/29/family-missing-new-york-woman-asks-shania-twain-for-help.html

Rachael Mattice had dinner at her parents home last Wednesday before driving in her silver jeep to the family's camper in Wells. According to the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office, Mattice was last seen in downtown Wells at 9:15 p.m. that same night. ... Before heading up a hill to the heavily wooded campsite, Mattice sent her mother a text message.

"She said, 'I’m at the bottom of the hill. Goodnight and I love you,'" Wendy Mattice told FoxNews.com. That was the last known communication from the young woman.

Her dad went out to the camp on Friday at 6pm after not having heard from her and found the car but not her.

Welcome, liona. I don't know the area well but I have a friend from there and I know that there is significant poverty in some places. Do some people squat in these woods or is it strictly locals around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, get more attention on finding Rachael.

Family of missing New York woman asks Shania Twain for help
Published June 29, 2016
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/2...asks-shania-twain-for-help.html?intcmp=hplnws

Rachael Mattice was last seen on June 22 after she left her parents home in Johnstown, N.Y., for the family's camp in Wells, a remote mountain town some 53 miles away. No one has seen or heard from Mattice since then, and the family is asking Twain, the young woman's idol, for help publicizing the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back