NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 #11

Hi EdinburghLass ! I was thinking that he may have entered a long-term type of facility and then worked on transitioning back into work and society. I used to work in HR for a retail compnay and we had a few folks that had some substance issues. They did rehab stints and then went to half-way or sober houses and then went from to work, to return home or where ever. I had wondered (and do wonder) if Robert was on this sort of path.
I know union medical programs offer different types of assistance to their members. I know for a fact that Robert's union offers alot of help for those members with substance issues and mental health issues.

It why I had questioned if Ida was paying Robert's union dues---I don't think she wants to be without health care for herself or for the children.

Wow----remember all the discussion this case sparked ? And so quiet now. Maybe something will pop soon. For Robert's mom's sake; perhaps this dear lady has heard from her son.

Wow----remember all the discussion this case sparked ? And so quiet now. Maybe something will pop soon. For Robert's mom's sake; perhaps this dear lady has heard from her son.

Its because the thread is labeled "information and support only". We were instructed not to converse.

Three years today....sending alot of love and prayers to Rob's family. Maybe we will hear some news

Three years... Still keeping Rob and his family in my thoughts. Added to my list of "wonder what happened to him/her" cases.

Maybe this will be the year that Robert is found or reaches out to his family.

They found a skull in the woods in Ronkonkoma, NY. 13 miles from Deer Park.

Human skull found in Ronkonkoma wooded area near Long Island Expressway.

http://pix11.com/2016/08/20/human-skull-found-in-ronkonkoma-wooded-area-near-long-island-expressway/

The man made the discovery shortly after noon in the woods north of Express Drive North, and immediately called Suffolk County Police.

Officers believe the remains were there for an extended period of time. A positive identification on the skull has not yet been made.

http://abc7ny.com/news/man-riding-his-bike-in-ronkonkoma-finds-human-skull-in-woods/1477792/

That's who I thought of, as well. Hate to even think it. Thanks, Trigger.

Since the skull has been recovered, teeth, including molars that should have viable DNA, may also be present even if the teeth are disarticulated from the jawbone. IIRC, LE does have Rob's dentals on file to compare with which will be even be faster to rule in or out. If the remains are Rob's, may this be solved and may justice be served.

exactly what I thought as well....maybe closure will come now, if not for Robert than another family

Suffolk County Police Homicide Squad detectives are investigating the discovery of skeletal remains in Brentwood on Friday.
The human remains were found in a wooded area west of Emjay Boulevard and north of the Long Island Railroad tracks.
The unidentified remains were taken to the Office of the Suffolk County Medical Examiner.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Homicide Squad at 631-852-6392 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.

https://www.facebook.com/Long-Island-Crime-Stoppers-182189858550986/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

I posted the above because of the proximity to the train station and the preserve.

RM is always my first thought when anything local is reported.

No more updates yet, I guess it's gonna take a couple of days to know for sure

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back