NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's another thing that always bothered me. Why is this stated as his most likely route?

That would be his most likely route if he went to the train station directly from the scrap yard, or wherever he was coming from.

If he was going directly home, he would go past that to LIE west, stay on the service road and get right off, and make a left onto Commack Rd.

That would be his most likely route if he went to the train station from home.

Did I miss something about texting? Who was he texting and when? This case just seems to be so crazy. The disappearance is clean. No evidence of anything. Searches are not finding anything and no one is saying anything that they saw him.
Can he be in another state somewhere? New i.d. for him.? I have very weird suspicions about this case and they are not good mainly because of the conflicting information that was originally given to what is known now. :scared:

Did I miss something about texting? Who was he texting and when? This case just seems to be so crazy. The disappearance is clean. No evidence of anything. Searches are not finding anything and no one is saying anything that they saw him.
Can he be in another state somewhere? New i.d. for him.? I have very weird suspicions about this case and they are not good mainly because of the conflicting information that was originally given to what is known now. :scared:

Post 935 in the first thread - I guess I can't quote directly from it because the thread is now closed? Here's a copy and paste - I bolded the relevant part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousAmI
NCNY, can you elaborate on the "guy" you said RM was texting and why this was an issue for IM? Of all that's been said, that detail is sticking out at me.

unfortunately i cant, but as far as i know LE went that route and i am not sure if there is anything ongoing with it...

someone had mentioned before about certain info, i am here to def try my best at giving u the straight answers, and i will not be offended by ANY questions thrown at me but if in the course of this case certain questions arise that although are answerable by me, i cannot due to whatever the circumstances may be, i will gently pass it over... please understand that i am a true believer of full exosure and that by admitting ones faults only makes them stronger and more respected in the public eye, but this also isnt some political scandal or sports player that is camiliar with the public eye and mouth... just regular people who all have pasts, and who all dont know how to react when 50 people knock at your door... I think Ida has done a superb job as of right now as there is no such manner that i feel is acceptable in a situation like this... i dont think anyone wants to admit their love left them, or was killed and these are the roads this case is leading to... hell i have a hard time admitting im a Mets fan nowadays and thats just because they cant win!

I know about poster mentioned the possibility of foul play being perpetrated in RM's garage. I can think of more than one case where the victim met with foul play in their garage. For example Shirley Reine, from Cape Cod. There is another case, but I can't remember that one as well. Will post it if I remember or find it. Not feeling good about the outcome of this case.....

If this is a case of his walking away from his life here, he really could be anywhere out of state. It's not like his story is in the national media. He could be strolling around anywhere. At least that's what I hope, as horrible as it is, it's better than the alternative.

The timing bothers me though - why 2 days before Father's Day? I keep flip flopping back and forth from voluntarily leaving to foul play.:fence:

I know about poster mentioned the possibility of foul play being perpetrated in RM's garage. I can think of more than one case where the victim met with foul play in their garage. For example Shirley Reine, from Cape Cod. There is another case, but I can't remember that one as well. Will post it if I remember or find it. Not feeling good about the outcome of this case.....

I think it's very unlikely he met harm in his garage. Surely there would have been some signs of it? Blood, signs of a struggle, etc.

We're not hearing of any investigation done in the garage.
For all we know it has not been searched yet since LE doesn't feel a crime was committed.....

Surely his wife checked out the garage for signs of a struggle?
I just don't see anything happening in there and then him being carted off in his own car, leaving no evidence behind.

I wonder whether NCNY will come back?

Well, according to NCNY, the neighbor's camera catches the car twice (going and coming), and he states this as FACT.

Now, on the latest FB questions page, it clearly states........

There were neighborhood cameras checked...probably still being checked as it is ongoing. nothing to report on it.

So I ask you everyone, if the neighbor's camera picked him up, and this is fact according to our verified insider, how can there be NOTHING ON THOSE CAMERAS to report, according to IM?

If in fact his car was caught TWICE as NCNY states, don't you think that would be something to "report"????

SOMEONE isnt telling the truth, correct?

Well, according to NCNY, the neighbor's camera catches the car twice (going and coming), and he states this as FACT.

Now, on the latest FB questions page, it clearly states........

There were neighborhood cameras checked...probably still being checked as it is ongoing. nothing to report on it.

So I ask you everyone, if the neighbor's camera picked him up, and this is fact according to our verified insider, how can there be NOTHING ON THOSE CAMERAS to report, according to IM?

If in fact his car was caught TWICE as NCNY states, don't you think that would be something to "report"????

The info on the FB page has been extremely vague all along. It's like pulling teeth trying to get any answers on there.

The info on the FB page has been extremely vague all along. It's like pulling teeth trying to get any answers on there.

I agree, very frustrating. :banghead:

There's very little to go on, so much conflicting info. As I said earlier, to me; I consider much of it rumor and hearsay. :twocents:

I snipped the bbm part from Jerry's post.

Considering the history of this case and the confusing reports from the start, I am not feeling like I am able to judge if someone is telling truth or not at this point. I readily admit I think it is confusing and really don't have a handle on what the truth is now. I am more of a hard evidence, forensics type :fence:

Considering the history of this case and the confusing reports from the start, I am not feeling like I am able to judge if someone is telling truth or not at this point. I readily admit I think it is confusing and really don't have a handle on what the truth is now. I am more of a hard evidence, forensics type :fence:

There's very little to go on. I only wish we had more forensics and clear information. :please:

There are different ways to say the same thing without necessarily lying. Evasiveness, answering only part of a question, etc isn't straight up lying. Maybe saying "nothing to report" really means "none of your business".

I don't think anyone is lying - my feeling is the family is letting the public know only what it wants the public to know. I hope NCNY continues to post.

There are different ways to say the same thing without necessarily lying. Evasiveness, answering only part of a question, etc isn't straight up lying. Maybe saying "nothing to report" really means "none of your business".

I don't think anyone is lying - my feeling is the family is letting the public know only what it wants the public to know. I hope NCNY continues to post.

For me, here's the thing.
Evasiveness doesn't cut it. My own opinion.
If one of my loved ones went missing, yes I would be a wreak, BUT I would seek answers however I could. Local News, Social Networks, Friends and family. I would push as hard as I could for answers. Just me.

If LE told me to hush, I would say VERY clearly; "Sorry I can't answer that as it's under investigation". I would not throw hints and bait and then change my answers. :twocents:

If I could, I would call upon all my neighbors (I live in a very friendly neighborhood) to help me speak out.

If I had a public FB page I would be VERY vocal and contact all local news ASAP.
I would not be mysterious, I would be forthright, unless I had something to hide. Again, my own opinion.

We've had a few weird things happen around here that made headlines, it was all forthcoming. Local Patch and News 12. :twocents:

I'm starting to get ticked off about the way this is being handled and controlled.

:worms:

:scale:

If this is a case of his walking away from his life here, he really could be anywhere out of state. It's not like his story is in the national media. He could be strolling around anywhere. At least that's what I hope, as horrible as it is, it's better than the alternative.

The timing bothers me though - why 2 days before Father's Day? I keep flip flopping back and forth from voluntarily leaving to foul play.:fence:

I now don't think he walked away from his life, sadly..........
I think his life was taken from him.

I want to see truth and justice for Robert. :please:

For me, here's the thing.
Evasiveness doesn't cut it. My own opinion.
If one of my loved ones went missing, yes I would be a wreak, BUT I would seek answers however I could. Local News, Social Networks, Friends and family. I would push as hard as I could for answers. Just me.

If LE told me to hush, I would say VERY clearly; "Sorry I can't answer that as it's under investigation". I would not throw hints and bait and then change my answers. :twocents:

If I could, I would call upon all my neighbors (I live in a very friendly neighborhood) to help me speak out.

If I had a public FB page I would be VERY vocal and contact all local news ASAP.
I would not be mysterious, I would be forthright, unless I had something to hide. Again, my own opinion.

We've had a few weird things happen around here that made headlines, it was all forthcoming. Local Patch and News 12. :twocents:

I'm starting to get ticked off about the way this is being handled and controlled.

Oh I agree. I imagine I'd be shouting from the rooftops. If it meant something potentially embarrassing being aired out for the world to see, it would be worth it to find my loved one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther