NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the beginning, there was absolutely no press on this case. There was no organization such as a FB page, etc. This thread started here from word of mouth with one tiny little blurb in the local paper because he missed Father's Day.

Fast forward to today and we (and possibly LE) are asking the harder questions. I would think family would want Robert home but not his life blown apart in order to get him here.

I feel like the secrecy is in place to protect Robert, possibly from his own choices, etc. I believe, with what we know, that he walked away. That doesn't always mean people stay away but I think he made a choice for whatever reason that we are not privy to and he's living with it now.

I hope he comes home or calls home so his wife and kids get the answers they need but it doesn't always work out that way. I really hope there isn't foul play but I'm just not seeing it over a scrap yard sale when he had a hot car that could have been taken if someone was out for money. I also come from the west coast and have a hard time wrapping my mind around organized crime, etc.

In the beginning, there was absolutely no press on this case. There was no organization such as a FB page, etc. This thread started here from word of mouth with one tiny little blurb in the local paper because he missed Father's Day.

Fast forward to today and we (and possibly LE) are asking the harder questions. I would think family would want Robert home but not his life blown apart in order to get him here.

I feel like the secrecy is in place to protect Robert, possibly from his own choices, etc. I believe, with what we know, that he walked away. That doesn't always mean people stay away but I think he made a choice for whatever reason that we are not privy to and he's living with it now.

I hope he comes home or calls home so his wife and kids get the answers they need but it doesn't always work out that way. I really hope there isn't foul play but I'm just not seeing it over a scrap yard sale when he had a hot car that could have been taken if someone was out for money. I also come from the west coast and have a hard time wrapping my mind around organized crime, etc.

Thanks. :twocents:

This really helps, BIG thanks. :seeya:

It's way past my bedtime, but I ave a lot of questions. Very hot here tonight. :seeya:

Thanks +

Thanks for your honesty. Where is everyone??????
Let's see how this plays out.
Best, xo

I really feel for his family, and I try my best not to judge how people handle things, even if I believe I would handle it differently. We don't know anything about their lives behind closed doors, what they may be protecting him or the family from.

I teeter totter on the fence but lean toward his walking away. So many unanswered questions. Such lack of information.

What could make a family man, as Robert is described, up and walk away? People leave their spouses every day but to purposely disappear and put your kids through this is hard to fathom. I know it happens, actually from experience - we didn't know if my father was alive or dead for years, but it wasn't heartbreaking (as awful as that sounds).

I hope Robert finds peace, wherever he is. But most of all I hope he comes home.

Where did everyone go?

I was watching the Home Run Derby!

Now there's a biography of Richard Speck on right now, and I am compelled to watch it. I am from Chicago, and was a young teen when he killed the student nurses. I actually, later in life, worked with the mother of one of his victims.

Lack of responses speak volumes, I feel sad

Sorry Bunny. Had stuff going on.

I honestly don't know what to think. I walk myself through so many scenarios I make my head spin.

I don't understand the caginess. I suppose we will find out one day. Perhaps LE is onto a red hot trail and while they are gathering evidence they want family to hush.

Or. Maybe not.

I wonder if any other case has ever closed before on websleuths! Or generated as much speculation and conversation as this case has.

I sincerely hope, if he is alive, he gives his family some peace and contacts someone to let them know he is safe. But as more time passes it will become more difficult and I doubt he will be able to face the truth or them.

Toto2, yes it is common for some cases go like this for months and years with much speculation. Here we are at page 3 of Thread 2. Some cases go to Thread 10 or more with 30 or so pages on each Thread. Some cases eventually get solved or the missing person is located (alive or deceased). Other cases, never get solved and the truth is never determined nor the person located. At the same time, other cases are resolved quickly.

I hope he is located soon too. We keep on keeping on.

Oh yes, Toto. Take a look at the Caylee Anthony threads. Or Haleigh Cummings or, if they are still around, Scott Peterson, to name a few that were talked about a lot on WS. But all had national media attention. This one has zilch. It barely gets local attention!

As I've said more than once, switch the roles of husband and wife in this case. I think if the roles were switched we would be seeing more media attention on this one.

I wonder if any other case has ever closed before on websleuths! Or generated as much speculation and conversation as this case has.

I sincerely hope, if he is alive, he gives his family some peace and contacts someone to let them know he is safe. But as more time passes it will become more difficult and I doubt he will be able to face the truth or them.

Tara Grinstead..... my first "jump" into forums.....

Tara Grinstead..... my first "jump" into forums.....

It's so sad, all these missing people who haven't been found.

Maybe I'm weird, (okay scratch the maybe, I am weird) but I've always thought about how many places one could hide a body on Long Island. If all the hidden bodies came out at once we'd be flabbergasted. Just driving on the expressways and parkways, do I pass a hidden body every day? Like Ocean Parkway. Who knows how long those bodies would've stayed hidden (although Hurricane Sandy may have flushed them out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member