NY NY - SALVATORE PERRONE, the "Son of Sal", 2012

Not really, if you knew Brooklyn you'd know that stores that are shopping areas are on 86th Street through three different neighborhoods, 18th Avenue and generally in Bay Ridge in the 70s and 80s. IOW there is no shopping in the 90s or in the 19s etc. Hard to explain but trust me, it's a huge stretch.

Also your statistics are bogus, these are not random numbers. They are addresses. And nearly every address goes in order from 1-10. IOW 7701, 7702, 7703, 7704, 7705, 7706, 7707, 7708, 7709 7710. These addresses run for a block and then start over again with the next block. So it's pretty easy to see that the odds of the address having an 8 in it are 1 out of 10.

Seems to me that he knew these men. The man who ran the men's clothing story was someone I had met before. I didn't even know he had been murdered until I went back to get my husband another pair of shoes and found the store closed down.

Not really, if you knew Brooklyn you'd know that stores that are shopping areas are on 86th Street through three different neighborhoods, 18th Avenue and generally in Bay Ridge in the 70s and 80s. IOW there is no shopping in the 90s or in the 19s etc. Hard to explain but trust me, it's a huge stretch.

Yeah, forgot to mention that street addresses aren't quite random digits.

But having the shops concentrated on 86th Street and 18th Avenue would just raise the odds of having an 8 in a random shop address even further.

Also your statistics are bogus, these are not random numbers. They are addresses. And nearly every address goes in order from 1-10. IOW 7701, 7702, 7703, 7704, 7705, 7706, 7707, 7708, 7709 7710. These addresses run for a block and then start over again with the next block. So it's pretty easy to see that the odds of the address having an 8 in it are 1 out of 10.

No, I don't think so. Of course the odds of having an eight as the last digit are exactly one in ten but you forget that some of the blocks could be 7801, 7802, 7803 etc. or even 8801, 8802, 8803 etc. We are concerned with the odds of having at least one 8 as any of the five or six digits and it's not one in ten, it's calculated as 1-(the odds of getting no 8 in five or six tries)

Shorter streets may not have the whole range of numbers as the first digit of the block number as the numbering begins from 1's and the street may end before they reach the higher numbers and it would lower the odds of having an eight as the first number.

I don't think the number 8 had anything to do with the murders. But I do think this sales man may have had sour business relations with various shopkeepers. Maybe he was being turned down too often and snapped. If he was trying to sell clothing from his duffel bag, he probably heard the word NO quite often.

Yeah, forgot to mention that street addresses aren't quite random digits.

But having the shops concentrated on 86th Street and 18th Avenue would just raise the odds of having an 8 in a random shop address even further.

No, I don't think so. Of course the odds of having an eight as the last digit are exactly one in ten but you forget that some of the blocks could be 7801, 7802, 7803 etc. or even 8801, 8802, 8803 etc.

Shorter streets may not have the whole range of numbers as the first digit of the block number as the numbering begins from 1's and the street may end before they reach the higher numbers and it would lower the odds of having an eight as the first number.

>? I have no idea what this means. Basically it's not that big of a deal to have an 8 in a four digit address, it really isn't. Stores are usually along the Avenues and not the side streets. 86th Street is an exception. It's a coincidence and nothing more.

>? I have no idea what this means. Basically it's not that big of a deal to have an 8 in a four digit address, it really isn't. Stores are usually along the Avenues and not the side streets. 86th Street is an exception. It's a coincidence and nothing more.

That is what I was saying. Nearly 50 % odds of having at least one 8 in a series of six digits more or less means that it can be chalked up to a coincidence unless the suspect says something else.

The odds of three consecutive shops having an 8 in their address would be much lower than just one shop having it but it's still well within the realm of a possible coincidence.

'John Doe Duffel Bag' arrested and charged in Brooklyn serial killings

Ballistic tests showed that a .22-caliber Ruger rifle, found in Perrone’s duffel bag, matches the weapon used in all three terrifying attacks, NYPD commissioner Ray Kelly said.

“The shell casings found at the three crime scenes were fired from Perrone’s rifle,” said Kelly, who thanked a small army of detectives whose work helped “seal the case.” “Perrone’s fingerprints were also lifted from the weapon.”

Authorities discovered a bloody kitchen knife and the rifle — with a flashlight, crudely attached with duct tape and two pink rubber bands — in the man’s duffel bag, which he kept at his girlfriend’s apartment, Kelly said.

more at : http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/..._source=OutbrainArticlepages&obref=obinsource

Motive?

Suspect in Three Killings Faced Financial Troubles

On the day a traveling salesman described by the police as a serial killer was ordered held without bail on charges that he murdered three Brooklyn shopkeepers, more details of his life began to emerge.

The salesman, Salvatore Perrone, who turned 64 on Thursday, was an independent apparel salesman with visions of creating his own clothing line, a neighborhood curiosity in precarious financial straits and a divorced father with a history of drinking to excess before getting behind the wheel, according to people who knew him and public records.

Those who lived near his three-story home on Staten Island described Mr. Perrone as both overly combative and oddly exuberant, a man who might threaten to call the authorities over a minor dispute or could be seen in the middle of the street, singing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/23/n...-3-murders-faced-financial-troubles.html?_r=0

I wonder if this is the first time he's had a go at serial murder.

Well our work here is done! ; ) I pray that one day I log on to the LISK site and read the suspect/s have been caught!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...routine-legal-matters-judge-article-1.1927986

As the trial of an accused serial killer who’s acting as his own lawyer gets closer, the defendant’s cluelessness in legal matters is becoming ever more glaring.

A veteran Brooklyn judge Thursday chided Salvatore Perrone, 65, for his apparent inability to effectively defend himself against charges that he killed three Middle Eastern shopkeepers in separate shootings in 2012...

Marrus again urged Perrone to get his own lawyer and got a cryptic reply that one might show up at some point and that an unknown entity “will take care of that” financially. In the meantime, the defendant asked that his legal advisor — an attorney he referred to as “a dirty liar” — won’t have any contact with him.

Let’s make sure he’s not crazy — again.

A Brooklyn judge wants an accused serial killer who’s acting as his own lawyer to undergo a fresh psychiatric exam.

“His behavior has become extraordinarily bizarre,” said Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Alan Marrus said of Salvatore Perrone on Monday. “He made claims that defy logic.”

The order for a second psychiatric exam — Perrone, 65, charged with killing three middle-aged shopkeepers in 2012, had passed one at the start of the prosecution against him — came after another appearance in which the defendant made seemingly outlandish claims.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...cused-serial-killer-son-sal-article-1.1965279

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...d-unfit-triple-murder-trial-article-1.2043191

Son of Sal is now officially insane.

The trial of accused serial killer Salvatore Perrone was put on an indefinite hold Friday after a psychiatrist found him to be a delusional paranoid.

The conclusion came after the Staten Island loner — charged with killing three Brooklyn shopkeepers in 2012 — had spent the past two years acting as his own lawyer while displaying irrational and erratic behavior.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back