NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dannemora-06062015-a-by-Office-of-New-York-Governor-Andrew-Cuomo.jpg

http://wibx950.com/manhunt-underway-for-escaped-prisoners-from-clinton-correctional-facility-in-dannemora/

This whole thing is so incredible. Depending on how much of a head start they had they could have conceivably crossed over into Quebec before an ABP was issued. Since it seems that they had outside help they could have had a vehicule waiting. Like someone else mentioned they could have driven to Plattsburgh about a 15-20 minute drive down the road and from there I87 south to NYC or taken the ferry across Lake Champlain to Vermont. I don't think they are in the immediate area but who knows.

This area of the Adirondacks is beautifully rural. Lots of older folks. Spotty cell phone coverage. Lots of little lakes and isolated camps and cottages. Ours is about a 20 minute drive west of Dannemora. There is actually a pretty large Amish population a little bit north of there. Lots of eyes and ears around though and lots of Canadian visitors who go back and forth over the border for day trips so lots of awareness over the border now too. I won't be comfortable until they are caught though or at least confirmed as bring out of the area. Which is kinda crazy since I'm sure many criminals walk amongst us here everyday unbeknownst to us.

More like the tale that's being told, is "extraordinary", imo. As was reported, no one has ever escaped from this prison, in close to 200 years (however, 13 inmates did go 'missing').

There is only one way in, same way out. For everyone, inmates, their visitors, their lawyers, the security, administration and civilians. IF there was an escape (well, I suppose there is a 1% chance, not likely, though), imo, it happened when the civilians left for the day, with the two murderers leaving with them, wearing civilian clothes.

I think these two murderers also went 'missing'. jmo, of course.

Authorities found the tunnel these two dug.
So I think the chances that these two didn't escape as alleged are slim to none.

all that's missing is the rita hayworth poster (smh) talk about shawshank redemption wow!

Reminds me of "Count of Monte Cristo." He dug a tunnel when he was sitting in his isolation cell. Of course he was in prison because he was falsely accused, not because he was a killer.

With all the planning that went into this, I will be surprised if they didn't have someone waiting on the outside for them. By now, they could be almost anywhere in the world. I assume Matt went on a diet so he could get in that pipe so they must have been planning this for months.

According to the article, the escapees left the post-it note which reads, "Have a nice day". There's a weird smiley face on there, too.

ETA: More pictures at this libk.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pic...escape-from-New-York-prison-in-pictures.html?

So one of those power tools they were using was a blow torch?

I admit to being so curious about what poster they used to cover the hole. I doubt they would raise suspicions by asking for a Rita Hayworth poster, so maybe Sofia Vergara?

I went to NY today and there was Border Patrol before the checkpoint (I live on the NY/VT/CA border). So I "think" every car will be checked while on the American side before entering Canada.

[video=youtube;7EGmrPiumEU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EGmrPiumEU[/video]

Hmmmm this oxygen acetylene cutting torch is pretty darn quiet.

Below are various fuels used for this torch. I wonder which of these fuels they had access to? Propane maybe?

Oxy-fuel processes may use a variety of fuel gases, the most common being acetylene. Other gases that may be used are propylene, liquified petroleum gas (LPG), propane, natural gas, hydrogen, and MAPP gas. Many brands use different kinds of gases in their mixes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxy-fuel_welding_and_cutting

With all the planning that went into this, I will be surprised if they didn't have someone waiting on the outside for them. By now, they could be almost anywhere in the world. I assume Matt went on a diet so he could get in that pipe so they must have been planning this for months.

My thoughts too, STANDREID. They didn't spend months (I'm guessing) planning an elaborate escape and forget to factor in what they would do when they popped out into the fresh air. Doesn't make sense.

I find it very interesting that a longtime inmate at Clinton was released in November on an appeal. This inmate also happens to be from the same area as Richard Matt, around the same age, ad convicted of an equally heinous murder as these 2. He is now a free man, I wonder where he is? Not sure how much info I am allowed to post here.

I just drove from Vermont to Montreal to bring some furniture to a friend who just moved here. I went through a state police checkpoint then the border control. My minivan was unloaded and searched twice lol. I have all the seats folded down to fit the furniture so they wanted to check all the compartments. They did find a diamond earing I thought was gone forever.

I am about to head home and I hope it goes much quicker. Usually crossing from Vermont to Canada is quick and it's the getting back into the US that takes forever.

The CTV article mentions that the OPP in Ontario was notified but not the Surete and police in Quebec?? This area is right next to Quebec not Ontario. Grrrr this province irritates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz