NY NY - Sharon Shechter, 35, Perinton, 9 Dec 2001

Hi all, just an update from me - the podcast is underway, and I have released a trailer! It's called The Raven Calling. Mods, if I can't plug this then please remove, I'm not certain what the rules are on it. But it is available on Anchor, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Breaker, and RadioPublic. Please go check it out, and follow me in Instagram @theravencallingpod.

I've been in regular contact with Sharon's cousin now, have spoken with Sharon's daughter, and am waiting for a call back from her mom. Things are happening! And as @cocomod said, if all it does is refresh the public's attention! That is my goal. Let's rally for Sharon, any help is greatly appreciated!!

Awesome @ziggystarshay! I am hoping to see great things come from this podcast. Sharing now on my socials, esp my FB as I know there are a bunch of real crime junkies there and families of the missing who would love to help raise awareness for Sharon.

Hi all, just an update from me - the podcast is underway, and I have released a trailer! It's called The Raven Calling. Mods, if I can't plug this then please remove, I'm not certain what the rules are on it. But it is available on Anchor, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Breaker, and RadioPublic. Please go check it out, and follow me in Instagram @theravencallingpod.

I've been in regular contact with Sharon's cousin now, have spoken with Sharon's daughter, and am waiting for a call back from her mom. Things are happening! And as @cocomod said, if all it does is refresh the public's attention! That is my goal. Let's rally for Sharon, any help is greatly appreciated!!

Awesome! I will for sure listen. It is amazing when people like you get involved and help bring attention to cases!

Just listened to the trailer! You sound great. I'm subscribed and ready. :)

The first episode of The Raven Calling 'The Missing Poster' is officially out in the world for all to hear (Anchor, Spotify, Breaker, RadioPublic..more to come!)! Help me bring awareness to Sharon's story by listening and sharing with your other true crime lovin' friends and groups. There's a new Facebook page as well, The Raven Calling, join me over there, too. The 20 year anniversary of her disappearance is coming up in December, and I would love to have the police looking back into her cold case and bringing the family some answers!

The first episode of The Raven Calling 'The Missing Poster' is officially out in the world for all to hear (Anchor, Spotify, Breaker, RadioPublic..more to come!)! Help me bring awareness to Sharon's story by listening and sharing with your other true crime lovin' friends and groups. There's a new Facebook page as well, The Raven Calling, join me over there, too. The 20 year anniversary of her disappearance is coming up in December, and I would love to have the police looking back into her cold case and bringing the family some answers!
I listened to the first episode today! I hope that others go and listen too-such a great start! I can’t wait for the rest and I hope this brings more awareness for Sharon♥️

I listened to the first episode today! I hope that others go and listen too-such a great start! I can’t wait for the rest and I hope this brings more awareness for Sharon♥️

Oh my goodness, thank you SO much for listening! That means so much to me, and for Sharon! I'm hoping my coverage will shed some much needed light on her story, and with listeners and community members like you, that she can finally get the attention she deserves! THANK YOU!!

Shay, listening to the first episode now. I teared up a little when Glenna was talking. In 10 mins I already know more about Sharon and her case than the media has ever told.

Just wanted to let you know that for someone without journalism background, you write and present beautifully.

Thank you for giving Sharon a voice.

Shay, listening to the first episode now. I teared up a little when Glenna was talking. In 10 mins I already know more about Sharon and her case than the media has ever told.

Just wanted to let you know that for someone without journalism background, you write and present beautifully.

Thank you for giving Sharon a voice.

Oh my goodness, what a compliment. THANK YOU. Wow, I so appreciate that. It has been very emotional.

I have such a team of her friends and family rallying for her, because you're right, it is so unfortunate how LITTLE the media ever put out there. So I'm glad it's impactful. Hard at work on episode 2 right now. Thank you for listening and supporting Sharon!

Hi all, it's less than 3 months until the 20 year anniversary of Sharon's disappearance. I have released the second episode of the podcast, and am underway on the third!

I've had some great interviews recently, and I have connected some very interesting dots that have me quite curious. Working on verifying details of this information..
Considering printing an updated missing poster for Sharon and distributing it in various places in hopes that it would reignite the public interest, or jog someone's memory from back then. Thoughts??

Thank you to all for not forgetting Sharon!

This past Thursday was the 20 year anniversary of Sharon's disappearance. The day quietly came and went, and was sadly met with no news coverage, no posts, no fanfare. I had reached out to the news agency who had covered Sharon's case in the past, with hopes they might do an anniversary segment on their program. Unfortunately, no one responded.

I recorded a December update and posted it on my Facebook page for Sharon, The Raven Calling, and it can also be found on the pod catchers with my other two episodes. I had typed out a lengthy post with some findings from my research this last year and where things are currently at, but then thought I should record it instead! So head over and take a listen.

Thank you to those who have not forgotten about Sharon, and continue to support my efforts in finding answers. And if anyone has information, some tiny little tie, or knows anything, please please reach out! I'm at a standstill. I'm absolutely not giving up, and will continue to chip away, but help would be so appreciated!!

I am still diligently working on Sharon's case. Unfortunately, many contacts no longer what to be involved with finding answers or assisting me. It's extremely frustrating and confusing. I truly feel I am wandering in the darkness, grasping at any little nuance of a thought! Does anyone have suggestions or ideas or input? What might help things along?

I've just reread this thread (for the millionth time), and am curious about a few posts. Three in particular, seem to indicate they had intimate knowledge of Sharon, Alan, or the circumstances..and only posted once, to then never be seen on WS again. Why IS that? Why would you create a profile on WS, seek out Sharon's thread, post one comment, and then literally never sign back in? That's just so odd to me. One, specifically, made my jwp on 1/9/09, caught my attention. Not only the message itself, but the date it was posted. It was the day that Alan paid off his mortgage (after purchasing this home in August of 03)..7 years (+ one month) after Sharon's disappearance. He, I assume, received her money/401k/etc at this time (?) as she would have been declared legally dead since she had been missing for the 7 years. So the same day his mortgage is paid off, this odd-ish and somewhat specific comment is posted by jwp. Who could jwp be? I just don't believe in coincidence, thus my alarms are sounding a bit!

Trying to get some engagement going again here! We're coming for ya, Sharon!

I re-read jwp and they seem to be implying that her husband lied about keeping the kids “at her request” and I don’t recall where he lived at the time but they might be referring to him needing to get home quickly. Odd that they never posted again. Any more info on the Jamaican man LE was looking for?

I re-read jwp and they seem to be implying that her husband lied about keeping the kids “at her request” and I don’t recall where he lived at the time but they might be referring to him needing to get home quickly. Odd that they never posted again. Any more info on the Jamaican man LE was looking for?

Yes, that's true. I could surmise that as well. I just know his actual address was never released publicly, and it's actually quite difficult to find. But he did, in fact, live a little less than 6 miles from where her van was recovered from. I just felt it was curious jwp states 'Sharon's vehicle was found very close to her husband's residence' when, in fact, further details were never publicized. And technically, he was residing in Chili and the van found in Gates, so unless you have knowledge of his specific address, I wouldn't be able to assume the two addresses were 'very close' beyond the towns butting up to one another. I know this is getting SUPER nit picky.

What I was able to find out, and was told, about the Jamaican man was that it is possibly/likely a red herring. He apparently was selling drugs out of the motel where her van was later recovered from. I've never been able to find out his name. There is so much I've been told that is unsubstantiated and uncorroborated, which is SO frustrating. Could he have seen something, or been around when the van was placed there? Sure, that's possible. Beyond that, I can't put much credence in his involvement in the case.

Yes, that's true. I could surmise that as well. I just know his actual address was never released publicly, and it's actually quite difficult to find. But he did, in fact, live a little less than 6 miles from where her van was recovered from. I just felt it was curious jwp states 'Sharon's vehicle was found very close to her husband's residence' when, in fact, further details were never publicized. And technically, he was residing in Chili and the van found in Gates, so unless you have knowledge of his specific address, I wouldn't be able to assume the two addresses were 'very close' beyond the towns butting up to one another. I know this is getting SUPER nit picky.

What I was able to find out, and was told, about the Jamaican man was that it is possibly/likely a red herring. He apparently was selling drugs out of the motel where her van was later recovered from. I've never been able to find out his name. There is so much I've been told that is unsubstantiated and uncorroborated, which is SO frustrating. Could he have seen something, or been around when the van was placed there? Sure, that's possible. Beyond that, I can't put much credence in his involvement in the case.
The poster obviously had intimate knowledge, a relative or friend. It would be nice to hear from them again. I’m don’t think it was her husband in spite of the amazing coincidence. The death declaration could have triggered anybody close to her. It sounded like an angry(ish) response to the previous post about a hit man from somebody who thinks her husband did this. I am local so I remember the story and stumbled on your post today.

The poster obviously had intimate knowledge, a relative or friend. It would be nice to hear from them again. I’m don’t think it was her husband in spite of the amazing coincidence. The death declaration could have triggered anybody close to her. It sounded like an angry(ish) response to the previous post about a hit man from somebody who thinks her husband did this. I am local so I remember the story and stumbled on your post today.

Well I'm glad you happened to stumble upon this today! I just want to get people talking again. It's so upsetting how silent everyone is, including LE who will not talk to me, and every FOIL request I have submitted in the last year and a half has been denied.

And I agree, I don't think it was her husband either, but I'm definitely suspicious about who it was! And that they became a ghost after their post. But yes, angry from the previous post re:hitman/husband perpetrating this would make sense. Do you have any theories? I'm also just so bothered she hasn't been found. Obviously, she is very well buried/concealed/hidden/disposed of, where there is full confidence she won't be found. But that doesn't stop me from theorizing!

Well I'm glad you happened to stumble upon this today! I just want to get people talking again. It's so upsetting how silent everyone is, including LE who will not talk to me, and every FOIL request I have submitted in the last year and a half has been denied.

And I agree, I don't think it was her husband either, but I'm definitely suspicious about who it was! And that they became a ghost after their post. But yes, angry from the previous post re:hitman/husband perpetrating this would make sense. Do you have any theories? I'm also just so bothered she hasn't been found. Obviously, she is very well buried/concealed/hidden/disposed of, where there is full confidence she won't be found. But that doesn't stop me from theorizing!
I am glad your on the case. I have the simple theory all MOO- she got home from shopping, went to pick up her kids and got into an altercation with her husband. He stabbed her or blunt force resulting in the copious blood. He parked the van somewhere temporarily so he could go back inside with the kids and then dumped the van at the Days inn later that night while they were asleep. They were 5, 7, and 9 at the time. My guess is he lives close enough to the Inn to walk or he was a runner. He lied about her not wanting to pick up the kids and he didn’t report her missing when she didn’t show.

I am glad your on the case. I have the simple theory all MOO- she got home from shopping, went to pick up her kids and got into an altercation with her husband. He stabbed her or blunt force resulting in the copious blood. He parked the van somewhere temporarily so he could go back inside with the kids and then dumped the van at the Days inn later that night while they were asleep. They were 5, 7, and 9 at the time. My guess is he lives close enough to the Inn to walk or he was a runner. He lied about her not wanting to pick up the kids and he didn’t report her missing when she didn’t show.

You're right, he definitely lied about her not wanting to pick up the kids or 'he'd kept the kids that weekend at his estranged wife's request' - as per one news article from 2019. We know she WAS supposed to pick up the kids, as at least her mom knew this, as well as Mike, who she was with that Sunday afternoon. Charley Project says he dropped them off at school the Monday morning of 12/10. That is false. He actually dropped them off at his brother and sister in law's house and asked the SIL to get them to school, telling her Sharon never showed up Sunday night to get the kids. The SIL told me this had NEVER happened before, and he only called her when he was outside of their house with them that morning.

You're right, he definitely lied about her not wanting to pick up the kids or 'he'd kept the kids that weekend at his estranged wife's request' - as per one news article from 2019. We know she WAS supposed to pick up the kids, as at least her mom knew this, as well as Mike, who she was with that Sunday afternoon. Charley Project says he dropped them off at school the Monday morning of 12/10. That is false. He actually dropped them off at his brother and sister in law's house and asked the SIL to get them to school, telling her Sharon never showed up Sunday night to get the kids. The SIL told me this had NEVER happened before, and he only called her when he was outside of their house with them that morning.
That is enough for me if I was on the jury- why not drop her kids at her house? - oh yeah, because I know she isn't there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back