NY NY - Sharon Shechter, 35, Perinton, 9 Dec 2001

That is enough for me if I was on the jury- why not drop her kids at her house? - oh yeah, because I know she isn't there.

Ha yup, EXCELLENT point! I have so many little nuggets of info like that, that make it SO obvious that he should have been/still BE grilled further and harder about his knowledge/involvement/etc of her disappearance. But what can I personally do at this point?! Just continue to chip away, I guess, and hope I/we can make a difference eventually. And that someone/LE/media will wake up and take this all seriously.

I am unsure what has happened with the case, but my NAMUS pinged in May. I forgot to notify here, but on 5/18/2022 the case was modified in some way. I can't seem to figure out how it was modified, but the modification date has changed. Screenshot 2022-06-06 1.59.55 AM.png

I am unsure what has happened with the case, but my NAMUS pinged in May. I forgot to notify here, but on 5/18/2022 the case was modified in some way. I can't seem to figure out how it was modified, but the modification date has changed. View attachment 348156
Wow that's so interesting! I don't know what to make of that! I also don't know if there's a way to find out what was modified in the profile? But that's very curious. Hmm! Thanks for posting! I'll take any kind of movement.

I am unsure what has happened with the case, but my NAMUS pinged in May. I forgot to notify here, but on 5/18/2022 the case was modified in some way. I can't seem to figure out how it was modified, but the modification date has changed. View attachment 348156
So I reached out to Lori Bruski, the contact at NamUs for Sharon's case, to inquire about what 'date modified' means. Whatever they did modify they cannot share publicly, but she said it could be as simple as correcting a typo, or adding something new to the case info or biometric. NamUs staff or professional contributors are those who have the ability to modify cases.

Released a new episode of The Raven Calling podcast! Please go listen, find my page on Facebook and share if you could, must keep spreading the word and keeping Sharon's name out there.

I visited a local psychic medium for this episode, so I share clips from my session with Carol, and offer subsequent commentary about some of Carol's messages/visions. I know psychics are very controversial, especially when used in crime cases, but I keep an open mind and didn't think it would hurt anything to see one. I honestly was very impressed by some of what she had said, and do explain why. So please check it out! We're coming for you, Sharon!

I don't know if anyone else locally, in Rochester, or elsewhere, has followed the February 1982 Brighton Ax Murder case at all. Relieved it was finally wrapped up and officially solved 40 years after it took place! Husband, James, was found guilty of second degree murder of his wife, Cathleen. While I was not born yet when this took place, and didn't know about it until the case was reopened and reignited back in 2016, I couldn't help but draw a glaring similarity between this case, and Sharon's case.

In the Krauseneck case, the day after Cathy's murder, James was allegedly supposed to speak with police, but instead up and left Rochester with their 3 year old daughter, and moved to Michigan. James denied his daughter any relationship with Cathy's side of the family from this point. Sadly, this allowed James to craft and manufacture the story of her mother's murder in any fashion he'd like for the rest of her life. She stood by her father through all of the court proceedings since his arrest in 2019, until his conviction just days ago.

Similarly, in Sharon's case, her estranged husband Alan also cut off ties to Sharon's side of the family immediately following her 'disappearance'. The children's grandmother and Sharon's mom, Sandy, was forced to seek assistance and found help with Volunteer Legal Services Project. After 60 hours of donated time and going to court over the matter, 18 months after her disappearance, Sandy was granted visitation with her grandchildren again.

In the current case of missing mom, Maya Millete, from 1/7/21, her husband and his family also kept their three children from Maya's family and they went through months of court battles for visitation as well. Despite the fact Maya is still missing, her husband Larry HAS been charged with her murder.

It's so beyond sad and sick that these men continue to selfishly take away the mothers to their children. It just shows, though, that even with the passage of time, or not having a body, that justice can be served!

My Raven Calling episode on Alan has been in the works for a very long time, and will be coming out at some point. There's just SO MUCH to discuss.

Just a small nugget to share - an unfortunate setback in my investigation/research.

I reached back out to one of Sharon's daughters, who I briefly had spoken with back in early 2021. At the time, we had set up a time for a chat, but then she began dealing with a serious health diagnosis she needed to focus on, so we postponed indefinitely. But she had said - "..that doesn’t diminish the fact that I love that you’re doing this and being so persistent, because the fact that you care so much about my mom’s situation is wonderful
❤️
truly." So I felt really positive about what I was doing, and trying to help in finding some answers for her and her family.

Fast forward to just recently when I contacted her again. I'd been following her journey on Facebook, and giving her the space to obviously focus on her healing and health. It seemed that things had really turned around and were going well, so I thought I should try again. I simply asked if she would still be interested in chatting sometime as I'd love to talk! And, sadly and surprisingly, it seems there's been a change of heart. Her response was - "Hey Shay! I don’t think so, it feels inappropriate after talking to family about it and seeing how they all feel". YIKES.

Of course I have no idea what it is like to have a missing family member, let alone a mother. But it's just incredibly disappointing and upsetting to hear this! And that no one in Sharon's family IS willing to talk about her. How is it that no one wants to find out what happened?! And what is the path forward here?

Hi all, it's been a bit since my last post, but I've still been feverishly working on Sharon's case.

I actually have an upcoming feature article being published in a local magazine on Sharon! I unfortunately can't name the publication until the release date for the issue is revealed (which I don't know yet). But I'm so honored to have the chance to (hopefully) reignite public interest, and reach a new audience who may have not heard of her disappearance or is familiar with the circumstances.

I reached out to a well known author in the true crime genre, who grew up in Rochester, merely for some advice on how to transition Sharon's story to long-form. After chatting, he said he had an idea and swiftly put me in touch with the editor of the magazine, pitching my story! Wild.

Anyway, I will post a link when the article is published, as it will be available online as well as hard copy in stores!

Hi all, it's been a bit since my last post, but I've still been feverishly working on Sharon's case.

I actually have an upcoming feature article being published in a local magazine on Sharon! I unfortunately can't name the publication until the release date for the issue is revealed (which I don't know yet). But I'm so honored to have the chance to (hopefully) reignite public interest, and reach a new audience who may have not heard of her disappearance or is familiar with the circumstances.

I reached out to a well known author in the true crime genre, who grew up in Rochester, merely for some advice on how to transition Sharon's story to long-form. After chatting, he said he had an idea and swiftly put me in touch with the editor of the magazine, pitching my story! Wild.

Anyway, I will post a link when the article is published, as it will be available online as well as hard copy in stores!
So this is probably really random and a far stretch but have you thought about reaching out to other podcasts for help or ideas? I have one idea that I won’t post here but they covered another local open case who has family that know Sharon’s.

Great info! I'm in Rochester, NY and just learned of Sharon's case. I'm very interested in looking deeper into it.
I don't know if anyone else locally, in Rochester, or elsewhere, has followed the February 1982 Brighton Ax Murder case at all. Relieved it was finally wrapped up and officially solved 40 years after it took place! Husband, James, was found guilty of second degree murder of his wife, Cathleen. While I was not born yet when this took place, and didn't know about it until the case was reopened and reignited back in 2016, I couldn't help but draw a glaring similarity between this case, and Sharon's case.

In the Krauseneck case, the day after Cathy's murder, James was allegedly supposed to speak with police, but instead up and left Rochester with their 3 year old daughter, and moved to Michigan. James denied his daughter any relationship with Cathy's side of the family from this point. Sadly, this allowed James to craft and manufacture the story of her mother's murder in any fashion he'd like for the rest of her life. She stood by her father through all of the court proceedings since his arrest in 2019, until his conviction just days ago.

Similarly, in Sharon's case, her estranged husband Alan also cut off ties to Sharon's side of the family immediately following her 'disappearance'. The children's grandmother and Sharon's mom, Sandy, was forced to seek assistance and found help with Volunteer Legal Services Project. After 60 hours of donated time and going to court over the matter, 18 months after her disappearance, Sandy was granted visitation with her grandchildren again.

In the current case of missing mom, Maya Millete, from 1/7/21, her husband and his family also kept their three children from Maya's family and they went through months of court battles for visitation as well. Despite the fact Maya is still missing, her husband Larry HAS been charged with her murder.

It's so beyond sad and sick that these men continue to selfishly take away the mothers to their children. It just shows, though, that even with the passage of time, or not having a body, that justice can be served!

My Raven Calling episode on Alan has been in the works for a very long time, and will be coming out at some point. There's just SO MUCH to discuss.

Are there other (citizen) people looking into her story, that you know of? I'm wondering if we put a "team" together and brainstorm if that could help.

Great info! I'm in Rochester, NY and just learned of Sharon's case. I'm very interested in looking deeper into it.

Are there other (citizen) people looking into her story, that you know of? I'm wondering if we put a "team" together and brainstorm if that could help.
Hi Lisa! Nice to see another local! I've always been open to sharing my thoughts and research with others, especially who would like answers in Sharon's disappearance. I know of no others, citizens or otherwise, actively pursuing Sharon's story. I feel I've been on an island all alone the last 2.5 years. But if you have thoughts, I'm all ears! Wondering what industry you work in, if you work? Someone with network abilities to various individuals I've been trying to get in touch with would be so useful. Send me a message!

Hi Lisa! Nice to see another local! I've always been open to sharing my thoughts and research with others, especially who would like answers in Sharon's disappearance. I know of no others, citizens or otherwise, actively pursuing Sharon's story. I feel I've been on an island all alone the last 2.5 years. But if you have thoughts, I'm all ears! Wondering what industry you work in, if you work? Someone with network abilities to various individuals I've been trying to get in touch with would be so useful. Send me a message!

My article on Sharon's story has been published in the May/June issue of Rochester's local magazine, (585) magazine. Hoping it will reignite the public's attention to her case, and inspire law enforcement to take another look at things!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back